Reviews: meghanahamilton

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This place is great! The themed rooms are adorable and cleaned every day. They have dinners or a full kitchen with everything you might need to make dinner. The rooftop terrace was a nice addition. You feel like you should be paying a lot more for what you get and we would definitely stay again!

Roger's House

San Sebastian, Spain

The price and location really can't be beat. The staff was really sweet and always asked if we needed anything. Unfortunately after years of travel, I've realized (grown up?) that the cheapest option isn't necessarily what's for me. There were far too many people to the bathroom and no hot water. I guess it depends on your priorities.

Nobel Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The location is amazing - from the top dorm you can see the Blue Mosque on one side and the Bosphorus on the other. Unfortunately, this top floor room seems an add-on and not a thick one. The seagulls like to stay on top and kept everyone awake. The staff is great though and were nice about helping us set up a tour and visit to a hamam.

City Circus Athens

Athens, Greece

This was the first place we stayed on a five week trip and it stands out as one of the best. Comfortable beds, great (filling!) Greek breakfast and an amazing and helpful staff. They also held our bags for a few days while we traveled elsewhere. We've been telling others about them on our travels - and would definitely stay again!

Atheaton Traditional Hotel

Nafplio, Greece

Cute little pension in the middle of the old city. Nice, clean rooms. Very close to the train station.

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

This place is great and Patrick is far and away the best host I've ever met and I've stayed in many hostels. I was upgraded to a private room without asking and he arranged a great trip of the Niagara area and wine tasting where I got to hang out with some really nice people from abroad.

Kruger Inn Backpackers

Kruger Park, South Africa

We stayed here on our way out of Kruger. It's fun to have impalas right outside your door. We were taken to the little Zulu hut behind the dorms, which was a surprise. The bathroom was outside with four walls but no roof - a bit scary at night. You walk to anything from here. It's a fun place to stay for one night but I'd have been uncomfortable staying more than that.

Los Encuentros Hotel

Antigua, Guatemala

The showers are bad but the breakfasts were great. The lady who ran it didn't really offer the best prices for activities in the area.

El Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Of the three hostels I've stayed at in Antigua, this one was my favorite. It is clean and they have a great courtyard for sitting out and reading. They were really nice about keeping our stuff all day after we checked out.

Hostel Olet