Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast CTS

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel very much. It is rather centrally located in a quiet neighbourhood. The owner was also very friendly. It is a very small hostel and you can meet the owner only sometimes at the hostel. This means that you have to contact him by phone to arrange the check-in and check-out and you can't leave your luggage at the hostel on the day of your check-out. The room was clean, great communal kitchen. Unfortunately the wifi signal was very weak all the time.

We very much enjoyed our stay at this hostel. We really liked that there was very little street noise and that everything was clean and nicely furnished. The breakfast was also good. Although it isn't the cheapest place to stay, I would come here again.

Hello! we're glad you had a good stay with us... see you back soon!

+ Hostel is centrally located, bedroom for four people was quite spacious, modern bathroom and lockers - I had the impression that when you check in, it's your responsibility to ask for bed linen. Two of my roommates slept on the mattress with a duvet without any duvet cover - they weren't given any. Yuck! I got several bites from bed bugs. Staff was friendly and were examining the bed with me but couldn't find anything. They wanted to look more carefully the next day but didn't come back to me.

Rome Accommodation

Rome, Italy

We very much enjoyed our stay at Rome Accommodation. There was a lot of street noise, but I guess that's normal when you're staying in the town centre. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and actually really spacious! Breakfast was quite okay and served in the room. Before checking in and after checking out we could leave our luggage at the hotel - that was really good.

The nice things first: The hostel is an old building and it is beautifully furnished with golden mirrors and small chandeliers etc. It has an alternative vibe which seems likeable at first sight. However, there was mould in my room, the air humidity was rather high and the heating didn't work very well in the 4th floor (no stairs, of course). When I asked the staff about the mould, he told me that there isn't any mould in the hostel. The wifi didn't work either.

Sorry, we actually had a heating problem in the upper floor last week plus a leaking pipe in the wall. It is fixed now. That is why there occured some mould in the room, we did not know about that and removed it immediately after you informed us. We apologizie for any inconvenience. Wifi is working.

Metropol

New York, USA

Excellent hostel! There are free towels, wifi, luggage storage, hair dryer, sweets, fruits and breakfast. Breakfast started at 8.30 am, which is a bit late in my opinion and new sheets wouldn't be a bad idea, because mine were a bit torn. But apart from that everything was great!

On my second stay at the Samesun in Vancouver I was unfortunately bitten by bed bugs and my room was located on a much louder side. On a positive note, the bunk beds had actually bars, so that you wouldn't have to be afraid to fall down.

Hi Johanna, this is something we are looking into and take seriously. since your departure we have fumigated your room twice just to make sure that it doesn't happen again. we found no traces in the room but you can never be too safe!

The hostel does have a lot of character and is centrally located. The free breakfast contains toast, jam, butter, slices of oranges and apple juice as far as I remember. The rooms get quite hot in the summer (no AC) and in my room there were no bars on the top bunks. The staff was quite friendly and they exchanged our broken ventilator very quickly. In contrast to my second stay one week later, I didn't get any bed bugs.

All Days Hostel

Toronto, Canada

I really liked the fact that the location is central but quiet. The house itself seems quite new as well. The beds in our twin room were really big and comfortable and there was a locker. However, I had difficulties with accessing the internet from my room and one of the computers didn't really work. Unfortunately the staff weren't able to fix either of these problems (and they didn't try too hard).

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was very friendly, the room was very clean and the breakfast was really good. Further, there's free Wi-Fi! However, due to the bus station nearby it was a bit loud. Nevertheless, I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof

Dresden, Germany

Ich war positiv überrascht von den zur Verfügung gestellten Handtüchern, dem Haartrockner und dem Fernseher in meinem 4-Bett-Zimmer. Insgesamt ein sehr gutes Preis-Leistungsverhältnis!

What I liked about this hostel: 1) it is very close to a tube station in zone 2. 2) Clean rooms, toilets, etc. 3) very cheap What I didn't like so much about this hostel: 1) The entrances to the bathrooms and toilets don't have doors. 2) One female member of the staff is quite unfriendly. All in all, I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hatters Hostel. The rooms were very clean and tidy, the staff was very friendly and the location is just perfect. However, I have to say that the insulation, especially in the bathroom and in the toilets is really bad and the windows need to be renewed urgently!