The Hipstel

Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was located in an impressive building near metro paseo de gracia and only minutes walk from Plaza Catalunya and Diagonal. It was clean. Rooms were spacious, but it would have been good to have private bedside lights. Showers were rather small without private space to undress. I stayed for 2 nights, one of them was very noisy with people shouting well after midnight. I would advise the staff to maintain silence in the hostel at night as people come there to rest.

• 29th Nov 2014

City Hostel

St. John's, Canada

I enjoyed my stay, met interesting people. Spacious rooms and thankfully I was in a dorm on the 1st floor. Kitchen and common room are in basement, which is slightly strange at first. Living room could be improved, only one couch and one computer. Kitchen is small but has good facilities. Staff were helpfull.

• 11th Oct 2013

Kville Hotel

Gothenburg, Sweden

I enjoyed my stay and especially the fact that the hostel is so small. The beds/matrasses are very good, I slept ever so well. It's a 3 minute walk to the tram stop and then it's only a few stops to the center. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

• 8th Aug 2013

Residence les Ecrins

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel was clean, the staff helpful and breakfast nicely served. Check-out time nice and relaxed at noon. The only minus is that you need to keep the key with you while out.

• 2nd Mar 2013

YHA London Central

I liked the way they decorated the walls, very original. Breakfast was good value for money. Rooms were clean and rather spacious. The only minus I feel about this hostel is that it costs extra to use internet despite bringing your own computer. And the internet does not reach the rooms. But that is not necessarily bad either since it enhances social contact and ppl can not stay up online all night. All in all I recommend this hostel.

• 16th Feb 2013

Bilbao Akelarre Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

I was in a dorm near the common room so it was quite noisy especially in the morning when breakfast was on. I was cold in the hostel, but you can ask staff to turn the heating on. It is a bit far away from the old part (casco viejo) but it is close to the bus station and not too far from the Guggenheim. The staff are very friendly and helpful. A cute place all in all.

• 12th Apr 2012

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

This hostel has got about 6 computers, so you never really have to have problems checking the internet. It has churros for breakfast but get there at 9 to get them. The rooms are spacious and the hostel is kept very clean. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They are also willing to take you out at night. Nightlife and (tapas) bars are very close to the hostel. All in all a fun place, will stay there again.

• 9th Apr 2012

Alda Centro Salamanca Hostel

Salamanca, Spain

I found it very difficult to meet people but that was propbably due to the fact that it was semana santa and the hostel attracted mainly Spanish groups of people who did not mix that easily. Other than that very clean and very friendly and helpful staff.

• 7th Apr 2012

Revolutum Hostel

Salamanca, Spain

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and the beds have comfortable matrasses. There's churros with chocolate for breakfast, but get up around 9 to get them. There's plenty of computers and the common areas make it easy to meet people. Staff sometimes take you out for activities at night. I had a great time and will definitly try out their other hostels too.

• 5th Apr 2012

OstellOlinda

Milan, Italy

This hostel is ok, but to arrive at night is really strange/dodgy, as you have to get in though the hospital next door and then walk in the dark through the garden back to hostel. I asked the guard whether it was safe and he did not really reassure me, he said there were drug addicts and weird ppl around. Not recommended when you are traveling alone as a girl:-)

• 25th Jul 2011

The Pelican Larry Hostel

Cali, Colombia

• 17th Jan 2011

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

I really loved this hostel, it´s peruvian owned with western standards. The beds are very comfortable and i had no problem sleeping (with earplugs). It´s easy and safe to go into town and has lots of fun activities. Highly recommended:-)

• 24th Dec 2010

Free Style

Ushuaia, Argentina

This hostel was ok, but quite cold at night. Also little authority of the staff towards people who misbehave. Rather noisy at night and cold in the common chill out rooms. On my floor the toilet doors didn´t lock and i had to press the button every 5 minutes to have light.

• 2nd Dec 2010

Hostel 41 Below

Bariloche, Argentina

• 19th Nov 2010

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

I can really recommend this place, you easily feel at home. The staff know a lot and are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are relatively spacious and you can enjoy some good hostel made BBQ's.

• 15th Nov 2010

Tango Backpackers

Buenos Aires, Argentina

• 10th Nov 2010

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Overall quite nice hostel. It says to be quiet after 23h, but the tv in the common room stays on and people keep hanging around there talking quite loud. Luckily the doors are rather sound proof.

• 30th Sep 2010
  • Belgium

Thank you for the feed back, and I must say you found one of our weaknesses... We want to create a social environment, and it is really nice that people meet and make new friends. But you are right, they tend to keep talking! Unfortunately all our common rooms are directly next to the dorms, but hopefully in the future we can do something about that. Until then, we can only rely on our guests to respect each other, and recognise that our main trade is sleep! (I never travel without earplugs myself, it's awesome!) Regards Lena

A real rip off! The deposit of the booking was not taken into account and even though we warned 24 hours in advance that we were not staying a 3rd night, that money wasn't refunded either, with the excuse that the day starts at 2am!!! I do really not recommend this hostel.

Ashfield Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

noisy, the second night haven't almost slept due to a nightcub around

Lagan Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

it's ok for a couple or several people, but if you're travelling alone it might be better to stay in their city hostel

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

the one thing I missed was a mirror in the room. Other than that I can really recommend this hostel: great showers, roof top terras, chill out zones, very friendly staff and good beds.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

I found drinks at the hostel bar rather expensive. And the hostel itself as well. Have stayed in good hostels for less than half the price.

this hostel is great, I really recommend it! They have great activities lined up in the evenings, it garantuees you get to know the other backpackers in a fun way.

Equity Point Metropol

Madrid, Spain

They only have one key per dorm! And no lockers.

Ole International Hostel

Madrid, Spain

The rooms are way too small!

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Not much space for your stuff in the room. Staff helpful but didn't know much. make you switch beds too much.

Indigo Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

A mirror in my room would have come in handy and instead of blankets (cold!!!) I'd prefer to sleep with a decent easy one piece bed cover.

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

I had a good time, was happy to get breakfast included. only the toilets and showers were very small. And the bunkbeds very high, a bit scary to be in the upper bunk bed...