Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

I've stayed in hundreds of hostels and this is definitely one of the best. The staff was incredibly friendly, and everything about this hostel impressed me: spotless bathrooms, hot showers, fast wifi, comfortable beds, great breakfast, relaxed atmosphere. As a solo traveller, I met tons of people. I will absolutely stay here again, and will recommend it to everyone going to Berlin. This review may sound fake, but no, I honestly really, really loved the place. Stay here!

• 4th Sep 2013

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Great location - it was very easy to get to all the major sites of Rome. The bar was packed at night but I didn't hear any noise at all when I was in my room. I would stay here again!

• 22nd Apr 2013

The Mango Tree

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

While the location is great, the staff was incredibly indifferent toward me, in fact often making me feel as though I wasn't welcome or that I was being a burden with my questions or concerns. The wifi didn't work at all for the three days that I was there, and on my last morning I woke up with hundreds of bites that I am praying were sand flies and not bed bugs. There are much better places to stay in Rio!!

• 14th Dec 2012

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff here were SO lovely and helpful - they let me leave my bag there for a week and welcomed me with open arms when I returned. I would definitely stay here again! Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, fast wifi and the best caipirinhas I had in Rio. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• 13th Dec 2012

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

I loved this hostel! It was so clean and comfortable. The staff were also very friendly. It was great to stay in a quiet place like this compared to some of the other bigger, louder hostels on the island!

• 11th Dec 2012

Submarino Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

I loved this hostel! The staff was so friendly and it was a great place to relax after a day in the sun. Very fast wifi and good breakfast, plus the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. I'd stay here again!

• 3rd Dec 2012

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Really great hostel - excellent breakfast, fast wifi, and incredibly helpful and kind staff. I wish I could have stayed longer. I'd definitely recommend staying at this hostel!

• 1st Dec 2012

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The location was perfect - directly across from the bus station for easy access to both the falls and Brazil. The staff was also very lovely, and gave me lots of information about the area!

• 30th Nov 2012

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay at Milhouse - great parties but really quiet and clean rooms. The security was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay at Milhouse again!

• 23rd Nov 2012

The Hostel-Inn Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great location and great staff, but this isn't really a place to go to party or meet people. The wifi was intermittent, and I often didn't have a hot shower in the morning, but overall I had a nice experience at the hostel.

• 15th Nov 2012

Hostel Empedrado

Mendoza, Argentina

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed - wonderful staff and great communal activities! Every night there was either a dinner or a free class of some kind (Spanish or mate, for example) and it made it so easy to meet people. The wifi wasn't great, but free laundry and a guarantee of a hot shower made up for it. Thank you for such a lovely stay - you made Mendoza a highlight of South America for me!

• 9th Nov 2012

Hostal Licanantay

Valparaiso, Chile

The staff was really great, but other than that I found this to be a very average hostel. It was a bit farther away from some of the cooler areas of town, and there was little to no atmosphere for the two days I was there.

• 7th Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

I really loved the decor and the atmosphere of the place! The location was especially great - very close by foot to all the major areas of town. My stay here was relaxed and comfortable, and the kitchen and bathrooms were spotless. My only complaint is that the wifi was extremely slow...

• 5th Nov 2012

Hostal El Arbol

La Serena, Chile

This hostel seemed really great; I say "seemed" because I booked with them through Hostelworld, but, when I arrived, I was told that they had overbooked, despite confirming. I had to move to another hostel in town. Obviously this was not ideal, but the staff was very apologetic and helped me in every way, including providing me with a great breakfast and hot shower. I would have really liked to have stayed here as it looked excellent. My advice? Confirm and confirm AGAIN that you are booked in!

• 3rd Nov 2012

Backpackers San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The six-bed ensuite dorm was very crowded, with very small bunks - I couldn't sit up in bed and there wasn't room for anyone to unpack/go through their bags. In three days there I never once had a hot shower, either. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is really helpful, but I think there could be a few improvements made.

• 31st Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

We're very sorry but during the days you stay in our hostel, the town was collapsed by the tremendous amount of people who came. Even there were people sleeping in the desert, in sleeping bags only, because there was no bed available in any hostel or hotel, and less a shower. Because of this, the water in San Pedro (part of the dryest and most arid desert in the world) failed to cover all demand and we just had a reserve for 3 days, which if is given with all the pressure, not cover more of 1 day. We would always have water for all, but not always possible, but with 32 ° C during the day, a cold shower doesn´t kill anyone. Anyway, if you choose as a holiday destination, the driest desert in the world, it´s unusual to receive complaints about the water, because the problem is obvious ... I assure you that expensive hotels don´t have the same problem, of course, they have the money to buy the water, even it is illegal!

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

While there were some benefits to this hostel - great bathrooms and location - I wouldn't stay here again. The staff was incredibly rude to me whenever I had a question, to the point of completely ignoring my problem. There is also no common room, and, while the bar is fun, you may not want to be there all the time. I was sitting quietly in the back courtyard on my computer after the bar closed and I was told very sternly that I had to either go to a club or go to bed...!! Loki is much better!

• 13th Oct 2012

Medellin, Colombia

• 13th Aug 2012

The Terrace Hostel

Antigua, Guatemala

I would definitely stay at this hostel again, if only for the amazing and friendly staff. I felt so at home and so comfortable - you really feel like one of the family! The rooftop bar is one of the best places in the city to meet people, see the volcano erupt, and drink cheap beer. Thank you for an incredible week!

• 15th May 2012

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

A very standard hostel, but the staff were really friendly and helpful. I didn't like that there were no locks on the dorm rooms and that the lockers were outside the rooms. Unfortunately I got bedbug bites all down my arms and back, so I can't say that I would stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2011

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great hostel! I would definitely stay here again on any future trips to Tokyo.

Gregorys Backpackers Hostel

Varna, Bulgaria

We loved our time in Varna! The staff was incredible; they made our stay relaxing, easy, and fun. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

We had a lovely time in Brasov. The hostel was great and so much fun at night. Thanks for everything!

I wish there was a 110% option for staff!

Generator Hostel London

I have stayed in hostels in over 40 countries and this was by far the worst hostel I have stayed in. It was extremely dirty (the toilets overflowed every day), the showers were always too hot or too cold, and it was extremely loud. I would never stay there again and I would not recommend this hostel.

Lisbon Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The hostel dinners were amazing!

Friendly Fun Franks is definitely one of the best party hostels I´ve stayed at, if not THE best. I didn´t get any sleep at all, and I mean that in the best way. Perfect location, terrific bar and especially a great staff. Many thanks to the awesome Casper who not only is great to party with but who also gave me the courage to shoot an AK-47. Sam and Casper I would come back to Riga just to hear you perform again! Thanks for a great hostel... -Brenna from Canada