Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 32

• Canada, Female, 31-40
5 Terre Backpackers, Cinque Terre, Italy
14th Apr 2016

Hands down, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Impeccably clean, beautifully located, and the staff made me feel like family. I can't recommend this place enough. Thank you so much to 5 Terre Backpackers for making my time in Cinque Terre so much fun... I'm already planning my next trip back. Grazie mille!

Hostel Pisa, Pisa, Italy
13th Apr 2016

I stayed here for two nights, and while the hostel was in a great location and the staff were very friendly, I barely had hot water no matter what time of day I tried to shower. The wifi was also nearly non-existent. On both nights the live music in the lounge was incredibly loud, even in my room, preventing me from relaxing/sleeping. It was so loud that I couldn't carry natural conversations with other guests in the lounge, meaning it was extremely difficult to meet people.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
NapPark Hostel at Khao San, Bangkok, Thailand
12th Nov 2015

This was my third stay at NapPark and I think it's a great place for those who want to be near Khao San but still want a bit of quiet.

Jollyboys Backpackers, Livingstone, Zambia
6.3
26th Apr 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay here - I ended up switching to Livingstone Backpackers, which was lovely. Although the rooms at Jollyboys were beautiful, and the common room nice as well, the staff was so unpleasant and unhelpful that I didn't want to stay. Speaking to others at the hostel proved that many felt the same way. Also, I could not connect to wifi as only a select number can connect at any given time. I'd heard Jollyboys was slipping, guess it's true!

Gallery Hostel Porto, Porto, Portugal
16th Jan 2014

Hands down, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are amazing, the dinners are fabulous, and it really felt like home. Stay here!! (Brenna)

Hotel Tyrolis, Innsbruck, Austria
8.0
21st Dec 2013

The staff was very friendly and the food amazing. Although it is a bit out of town, the bus runs frequently enough that it is easy to get into Innsbruck.

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber, Zurich, Switzerland
7.4
19th Dec 2013

One of very few hostels in Zurich, so I didn't expect much. I stayed in this hostel in 2006 and again in 2014, and absolutely nothing had changed. Not sure if this is a good thing.

Jetpak Alternative, Berlin, Germany
4th Sep 2013

I've stayed in hundreds of hostels and this is definitely one of the best. The staff was incredibly friendly, and everything about this hostel impressed me: spotless bathrooms, hot showers, fast wifi, comfortable beds, great breakfast, relaxed atmosphere. As a solo traveller, I met tons of people. I will absolutely stay here again, and will recommend it to everyone going to Berlin. This review may sound fake, but no, I honestly really, really loved the place. Stay here!

The Yellow, Rome, Italy
22nd Apr 2013

Great location - it was very easy to get to all the major sites of Rome. The bar was packed at night but I didn't hear any noise at all when I was in my room. I would stay here again!

The Mango Tree, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.6
14th Dec 2012

While the location is great, the staff was incredibly indifferent toward me, in fact often making me feel as though I wasn't welcome or that I was being a burden with my questions or concerns. The wifi didn't work at all for the three days that I was there, and on my last morning I woke up with hundreds of bites that I am praying were sand flies and not bed bugs. There are much better places to stay in Rio!!

Lemon Spirit Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
13th Dec 2012

The staff here were SO lovely and helpful - they let me leave my bag there for a week and welcomed me with open arms when I returned. I would definitely stay here again! Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, fast wifi and the best caipirinhas I had in Rio. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Biergarten Hostel, Ilha Grande, Brazil
11th Dec 2012

I loved this hostel! It was so clean and comfortable. The staff were also very friendly. It was great to stay in a quiet place like this compared to some of the other bigger, louder hostels on the island!

Submarino Hostel, Florianopolis, Brazil
3rd Dec 2012

I loved this hostel! The staff was so friendly and it was a great place to relax after a day in the sun. Very fast wifi and good breakfast, plus the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. I'd stay here again!

Iguassu Guest House, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
1st Dec 2012

Really great hostel - excellent breakfast, fast wifi, and incredibly helpful and kind staff. I wish I could have stayed longer. I'd definitely recommend staying at this hostel!

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
30th Nov 2012

The location was perfect - directly across from the bus station for easy access to both the falls and Brazil. The staff was also very lovely, and gave me lots of information about the area!

Milhouse Hostel Hipo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
23rd Nov 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Milhouse - great parties but really quiet and clean rooms. The security was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay at Milhouse again!

The Hostel-Inn Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
8.0
15th Nov 2012

Great location and great staff, but this isn't really a place to go to party or meet people. The wifi was intermittent, and I often didn't have a hot shower in the morning, but overall I had a nice experience at the hostel.

Hostel Empedrado, Mendoza, Argentina
9th Nov 2012

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed - wonderful staff and great communal activities! Every night there was either a dinner or a free class of some kind (Spanish or mate, for example) and it made it so easy to meet people. The wifi wasn't great, but free laundry and a guarantee of a hot shower made up for it. Thank you for such a lovely stay - you made Mendoza a highlight of South America for me!

Hostal Licanantay, Valparaiso, Chile
7th Nov 2012

The staff was really great, but other than that I found this to be a very average hostel. It was a bit farther away from some of the cooler areas of town, and there was little to no atmosphere for the two days I was there.

5th Nov 2012

I really loved the decor and the atmosphere of the place! The location was especially great - very close by foot to all the major areas of town. My stay here was relaxed and comfortable, and the kitchen and bathrooms were spotless. My only complaint is that the wifi was extremely slow...

Hostal El Arbol, La Serena, Chile
3rd Nov 2012

This hostel seemed really great; I say "seemed" because I booked with them through Hostelworld, but, when I arrived, I was told that they had overbooked, despite confirming. I had to move to another hostel in town. Obviously this was not ideal, but the staff was very apologetic and helped me in every way, including providing me with a great breakfast and hot shower. I would have really liked to have stayed here as it looked excellent. My advice? Confirm and confirm AGAIN that you are booked in!

Backpackers San Pedro, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
7.4
31st Oct 2012

The six-bed ensuite dorm was very crowded, with very small bunks - I couldn't sit up in bed and there wasn't room for anyone to unpack/go through their bags. In three days there I never once had a hot shower, either. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is really helpful, but I think there could be a few improvements made.

We're very sorry but during the days you stay in our hostel, the town was collapsed by the tremendous amount of people who came. Even there were people sleeping in the desert, in sleeping bags only, because there was no bed available in any hostel or hotel, and less a shower. Because of this, the water in San Pedro (part of the dryest and most arid desert in the world) failed to cover all demand and we just had a reserve for 3 days, which if is given with all the pressure, not cover more of 1 day. We would always have water for all, but not always possible, but with 32 � C during the day, a cold shower doesn�t kill anyone. Anyway, if you choose as a holiday destination, the driest desert in the world, it�s unusual to receive complaints about the water, because the problem is obvious ... I assure you that expensive hotels don�t have the same problem, of course, they have the money to buy the water, even it is illegal!

Wild Rover Backpackers, La Paz, Bolivia
13th Oct 2012

While there were some benefits to this hostel - great bathrooms and location - I wouldn't stay here again. The staff was incredibly rude to me whenever I had a question, to the point of completely ignoring my problem. There is also no common room, and, while the bar is fun, you may not want to be there all the time. I was sitting quietly in the back courtyard on my computer after the bar closed and I was told very sternly that I had to either go to a club or go to bed...!! Loki is much better!

The Secret Garden Quito, Quito, Ecuador
6th Sep 2012

The Pelican Larry Hostel, Cali, Colombia
24th Aug 2012

Black Sheep Hostel Medellin, Medellin, Colombia
13th Aug 2012

The Terrace Hostel, Antigua, Guatemala
15th May 2012

I would definitely stay at this hostel again, if only for the amazing and friendly staff. I felt so at home and so comfortable - you really feel like one of the family! The rooftop bar is one of the best places in the city to meet people, see the volcano erupt, and drink cheap beer. Thank you for an incredible week!

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2, Singapore, Singapore
6.3
19th Jun 2011

A very standard hostel, but the staff were really friendly and helpful. I didn't like that there were no locks on the dorm rooms and that the lockers were outside the rooms. Unfortunately I got bedbug bites all down my arms and back, so I can't say that I would stay here again.

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia

6.7
14th Jan 2011

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
2nd May 2009

Great hostel! I would definitely stay here again on any future trips to Tokyo.

Gregorys Backpackers Hostel, Varna, Bulgaria
10th Jul 2008

We loved our time in Varna! The staff was incredible; they made our stay relaxing, easy, and fun. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Kismet Dao Hostel, Brasov, Romania
9.0
8th Jul 2008

We had a lovely time in Brasov. The hostel was great and so much fun at night. Thanks for everything!

The Riverhouse Backpackers, Cardiff, Wales
3rd Jun 2008

I wish there was a 110% option for staff!

Generator Hostel London, London, England
5.0
21st May 2008

I have stayed in hostels in over 40 countries and this was by far the worst hostel I have stayed in. It was extremely dirty (the toilets overflowed every day), the showers were always too hot or too cold, and it was extremely loud. I would never stay there again and I would not recommend this hostel.

Lisbon Lounge Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
23rd Apr 2008

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The hostel dinners were amazing!

8th Jul 2007

Friendly Fun Franks is definitely one of the best party hostels I´ve stayed at, if not THE best. I didn´t get any sleep at all, and I mean that in the best way. Perfect location, terrific bar and especially a great staff. Many thanks to the awesome Casper who not only is great to party with but who also gave me the courage to shoot an AK-47. Sam and Casper I would come back to Riga just to hear you perform again! Thanks for a great hostel... -Brenna from Canada