Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 28

A bit far from the center of Paris, but easily reached by the metro. Bathrooms could have been cleaner and the lack of screens on the window meant that their were plenty of mosquitoes to keep you company.

Hi, Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us. As you can imagine we do our best to routinely check our bathrooms and rooms cleanliness, however it is of the utmost importance to us and we are currently implementing a new range of check lists to ensure issues like this are avoided in future. Kind regards, Your St-christopher's Team Paris

St Christopher's Village

A great hostel in a good location. Outlets for every bed and free breakfast make it easy to recommend this hostel.

Hey, Thanks for your nice feedback. Sounds like you had a great time staying with us. We wish you all the best for future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team

Ca' de Gianchi

Cinque Terre, Italy

A wonderful place to stay in Cinque Terra. Clean and easy to get to I highly recommend this place if you want to stay in Manarola.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Clean and easy to get to. I would stay there again

It's okay for a night near the Termini, but look somewhere else for anything long term.

YMCA Hostel Basel

Basel, Switzerland

A really great hostel. While clean and easy to get, it was the helpful staff that made this a wonderful stay.

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

Nice hostel in an interesting neighborhood in Zurich. I felt safe(it is Switzerland) and would stay there again.

Bells Beach Backpackers

Torquay, Australia

Good atmosphere, bad facilities. Located directly next to the highway and severely lacking charm.

Port Campbell Hostel

Port Campbell, Australia

This is run by people that have never stayed at a hostel before. Honestly who turns off hot water to reduce noise? How about turning off the gas in the kitchen during the day? Excessive rules and signs kills all atmosphere/fun in this hostel. The redeeming quality is the location, but I could only recommend it for a night.

Hi Mike, from the States. Wow! Talk about a bad review - particularly from a bloke who was given (for FREE, without you having to lift a finger) an upgrade into a private twin room, when what you'd booked was a couple of beds in a shared dorm. *Sheesh...* Anyway, while you'll never get to see this painted in big, bold letters, EVERYTHING we do here, we do for really good reasons - but very little of what goes on "behind the scenes" is apparent to our guests. (Which I guess is why it's called "behind the scenes"). We put in place each one of those (excessive? Seriously?) rules you mention to try our best to ensure the peace and quiet of the, oh... about 95% of our guests who want to enjoy some peace and quiet when they stay. (Funnily enough Michael, that type of guests does exist: in spades.) And while I can never be certain what your expectations were when you booked my hostel (perhaps a "party" hostel full of drunken backpackers boozing up and screaming around the place until 4.00am? Dude, we're not a central city hostel! We are a remote, great little country hostel located in the middle of a coastal National Park... as even the simplest of online research would uncover) what we do we get right far, far more times that getting it wrong. Before I sign off, before I took on the running of this hostel in early 2010, I criss-crossed the globe for 15 years. So, you could say I've kinda' grabbed a reasonable handle on what works, and what don't... and what most people want in a hostel (which may surprise you), and what they don't really want to have to put up with, over that time.

Grampians Eco YHA

Grampians, Australia

This is the best hostel I've visited in Australia. Fireplaces in the lounges and friendly staff. I highly recommend it.

Bounce Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Located right next to a train station with the rooftop view of downtown. Negatives include lack of power outlets in the room and the need to use a key-card to use the bathroom!

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2

Singapore, Singapore

Wonderful new hostel in a great location. Clean and friendly. Small rooms, but it's to be expected.

Melaleuca On Mitchell

Darwin, Australia

Great location, but mixed cleanliness. A serious lack of power outlets in the rooms.

Home at The Mansion

Melbourne, Australia

A young and fun hostel in a great location. Rooms where a bit dirty, but the bathrooms were clean.

Hostel Stadion

Helsinki, Finland

More of a hotel than a hostel. Expect a very business like enviroment that doesn't lend itself to meeting other travelers.

Soul Kitchen Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

The best hostel in Russia! The hostel was clean and well run and most importantly fun. The staff was reallly helpful and willing to help you with the smallest things.

Thanks a lot for giving us a review! We wish you fun and save travels for the future!

Buddy Bear Hostel

Moscow, Russia

A nice hostel in a good location in Moscow. It was really empty while I was there and not too much of the 'hostel' vibe. Other than that it was clean and well run. I would recomend a key or someway to get in without having to call the front desk everytime to enter the building.

I&I Hostel

Kazan, Russia

A nice clean hostel in a good location in Kazan. You can walk to the kermlin and the river. Good luck finding it though if you can't read cyrillic, just know to get off the bus after it turns off the main street.

Meeting Point

Yekaterinburg, Russia

The location is OK, but what makes this a wonderful hostel is the owner Katia. She was very helpful and knew a lot about her city.

Nerpa Backpackers

Irkutsk, Russia

A very nice hostel,but only has one toilet. Other than that make sure you follow the written directions, not the map on other sites!

Pobi Hostel

Busan, South Korea

A nice hostel in a great location. Very close to the beach and nightlife. I also really appreciated the individual power outlets for each bed.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A nice place in a good location near Fortress Hill MTR station. It's a big hostel with many different floors and buildings, so there is a lack of community and meeting other people. You'll hardly ever see any staff. That said.... location, location, location.

the Cats Pajamas

Taipei, Taiwan

A fun hostel in a great location in Taipei. The space is new and the staff are friendly. Right next to the MTR and a really cool night market.

Colorful Taiwan

Hualien, Taiwan

A nice new hostel. The staff are friendly and will to help you out. The only drawback is the location is a little far from the main part of town, but is still very close to the train station.

Cozy Planet Hostel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Iris' Tower

Tainan, Taiwan

A brand new hostel so everything is really new. The location could be better, but Tianan is a walkable city. Overall it's a nice clean place.

Thong Ta Resort And Spa

Bangkok, Thailand

A clean cheap place to stay next to the airport. After a couple of weeks without aircon or hot water it was a nice change.

Happy Dragon Hostel

Beijing, China

Great location in the center of the city. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The only downside to the whole place was how cold our room was even with the extra heater.

This is a great hostel, the staff is so helpful and the location couldn\'t be better. The bar in the basement is a real bar with both locals and travelers mixing.

Shanghai Koala Garden House

Shanghai, China

Located on a nice peaceful street that\'s not too far from the action. Clean rooms and helpful staff make up for the distance.

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

A fun hostel in the heart of Warsaw. I never had a bad time at the Oki Doki

Tiu Kiev Backpackers

Kiev, Ukraine

A fun and clean place to stay in Kiev. In a safe neighborhood and close to the city center. The owner Martin will show you his favorite bar just around the corner for good food and beer.

The Kosmonaut Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

A great staff and location make up for anything lacking in this hostel. Only two of the four bathrooms were working with the other two being repaired. Overall this is a good hostel in a fun city.

Hi Michael, Thank you for your review! We hope the renovation didn't affect your stay too much but the 4 bathrooms are now finished and look fantastic. You can see them in the photos section. Regards, The Kosmonauts

Barnacles Temple Bar House