Gender: Male,

Hostel in Salta

Salta, Argentina

A very enjoyable stay at a hostel with tonnes of character. The garden is nice for chilling out in and the free breakfast is very good (teas/coffee/bread/jam etc.) The staff on reception are very helpful and helped us organise our horse riding tour which was highly enjoyable. The twin private rooms are well furnished with comfortable beds, although the fan was a little useless. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and especially recommend the BBQ evening which was excellent.

A la Gurda Hostel Tucuman

San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina

A beautifully restored townhouse which is clean, airy and friendly. The bathrooms are immaculate, the room excellently equipped with free air-con and wifi. The rooftop terrace is a great place to sit or eat, away from the noise of the town. The receptionist was incredibly helpful when we couldn't print our bus tickets and was always on hand to offer directions or advice. Excellent value for money.

San Juan Hostel

San Juan, Argentina

The hostel staff were very friendly and helpful, but the hostel had some real issues. The front door was not locked or even shut in the evenings, meaning anyone could just wander in. I'm sure SJ is a safe town but I didn't like the lack of security. Our room had no windows and no air-con, meaning it was dark and far too hot in the morning. The bathrooms were dirty; the floors needed a very good clean and their general upkeep was poor. Breakfast of bread and dry crackers was very basic.

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

A fantastic place to stay. The receptionist is incredibly helpful and has some brilliant suggestions of things to do in the area. Beautiful garden with hammocks, small pool, shady corners etc. Fluffy white towels are free to hire (a brilliant bonus). The free breakfast of bread, pastries, tea/coffee and local produce was great. I liked how the receptionist answered the door each time to let people in too; very good security. Would (and have been) recommending this place to everyone!

Castillo Surfista Hostel

Santiago, Chile

A really friendly and social guest house. The TV room facilities are great with loads of films available to watch, whilst a free continental breakfast is always appreciated. The kitchen is a little small but generally fine. The bathroom was ready for a major overhaul; the floor needed re-tiling and the shower tray was not ideal with just a curtain around it. There's also no blind in the bathroom window, which looks directly into next door's. Overall, it's OK but needs a little TLC.

This is the very first complaint about our bathrooms since we've opened. Most guests have found them been bigger, brighter and cleaner than most hostel bathrooms (It is impossible for the neighbors to see inside them and I don't understand the shower curtain comment). Even so, I appreciate your suggestions and will see what I can do to improve. Safe travels!

Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel

Townsville, Australia

Absolutely brilliant hostel! Well-equipped kitchen, the room was clean with air-con, free wi-fi, free shuttle bus, even got a free room upgrade, twice!! Really couldn't fault this place at all. Our thanks go to the owners who were extremely welcoming and friendly. A must for anyone staying in Townsville!

Cozy Bangkok Place

Bangkok, Thailand

The "good" for location applies to the main train station, which is less than 10 mins walk away - very convenient if you have an early train booked. Not many restaurants or bars around. The reception was very limited in its operating hours - 8am (she turned up at 8:10) until 7pm! Not ideal for customers wishing to check in late or leave early; surely this is most of the customers who also have trains to catch or arrive on? Almost all the facilities came with a price; a little petty.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Good customer service, the free fruit and coffee was very welcome. The staff were also very helpful, although I didn't appreciate the maid changing sheets in the dorm at 7:30am - perhaps it could have waited until later? The free breakfast was excellent though, highly recommended. Also, the bunk beds in the dorm were 4ft beds (i.e. Queensize) - very comfortable.

Catba Hostel

Cat Ba Island, Vietnam

The hostel owner was extremely friendly and enthusiastic - even spent hours driving around the town looking for me when I left my passport behind!

KoTo Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. They were great at calling a taxi when we needed one and couldn't have been more keen to help. We stayed in the double room on the ground floor which was OK and had everything we needed. Good value for money

Dai Long Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

FORGET ME NOT Guest House

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Forget Me Not is more a budget hotel than a hostel. There's no communal dining room etc. , but the rooms were very good value - ideal for couple travelers. I've read a few comments complaining about the stairs - it's ridiculous! We were on the top floor (the 4th) and it really isn't that bad! Some people need to get more exercise... The owner was very kind and helpful, offering us advice on finding our way around the town and the tours on offer. The location is also excellent.

My My Arthouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The owner is friendly and enthusiastic; he made us very welcome. He was incredible helpful with settling us in. The hostel is very difficult to find, but he even emailed me with directions (our getting lost was my own stupid fault for not printing them off first!). The half day tour of the tunnels was excellent value for money. Shame that we were located in a separate building which was 5 mins walk from the reception, but our room was quite modern and clean with excellent facilities.

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Good location, right in the centre of town on the river front. The whole place needed a thorough clean though. The staff were quite helpful and were obviously encouraging a laid-back atmosphere but I felt they lacked an overall sense of professionalism. Wi-fi didn't reach our room on the second floor.

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at HI Siem Reap - it has been our favorite hostel so far. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, especially George who was a really nice guy who we were sorry to say good bye to. My only suggestion is that it was a little difficult to find. Perhaps an email with some directions or instructions on how to find the hostel might be useful in future. Other than that, the hostel was perfect with excellent facilities, including the pool table!

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

A very vibrant and lively hostel with a great party atmosphere. The bar downstairs is a great place to hang out. The location with Siam Square is brilliant. As we were a couple, we would have preferred a private room, but we decided it was too expensive. Even so, staying in a 4-bed dorm was fine. Each bed has it's own power socket and reading light. The shared bathrooms are clean and well-maintained. A great hangout in Bangkok, particularly for the party-goers!

Sam's House

Kanchanaburi, Thailand

A very beautiful hostel - we stayed in one of the private twin-bed huts built on the river. Very peaceful and beautiful scenery. Also plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. The bathroom was basic and needed a little more cleaning. Also the receptionist wasn't overly welcoming, but I think that was more a language barrier thing. Overall, great value for money - ideal for couples.

Excellent hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful. The facillities were perfect for what we needed. No complaints at all. Great value!!!