Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

This is a good hostel: nice dorm and clean bathroom. The Wi-Fi was working only near reception and the breakfast was okay but nothing sensational. Not a party hostel, but a nice place to recharge after exploring Paris.

• 13th Nov 2013

Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled

Bled, Slovenia

The hostel is very difficult to find: I had to ask so many people before I could find it. All the forniture is new and it is clean , with a good terrace to chill out. Unfortunately, the water in the shower was always freezing cold and during the night there was a lot of noise from the people on the terrace and/or the pub nearby, so I couldn't sleep. On the first night somebody was even palying VERY LOUD music until 1. Good if you want to party, bad if you want to have something done in Bled.

• 17th Aug 2013

City Circus Athens

Athens, Greece

One of the best hostel I have stayed in. Good location, very nice and clean dorms with big showers, nice breakfast and communal area, plus an amazing terrace with view on the acropolis. Security is not an issue as there are cards to enter the dorms and lockers. The only downside is that it is in a rundown street, within a short walk to Monastiraki anyway, which is a lively area with plenty of restaurants and sightseeing.

Caveland

Santorini, Greece

As everyone has already written, it is a bit out of the way, in a quiet part of the Island. The property is very nice, with plenty of space to relax . I was alone in my dorm, so it was like having a private room. Breakfast is basic, but who cares when you have a swimming pool, terrace, very nice courtyard and nice dogs to play with? Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is very close to the main attractions of Sultanahmet. The staff is very helpful and the terrace where you have breakfast in the morning is amazing. On the downside, the shared bathroom is always crowded in the morning and evening, so you'll have to cue for the shower. I coudn't find out how to lock valuables in the room (the locker would not work even with my own lock), but maybe it's just me. Wi-fi worked fine, breakfast good (and they even made me a plate when I showed up late).

• 16th May 2013

Ines Downtown B&B

Rome, Italy

• 16th Jan 2013

Florence Youth Hostel

Florence, Italy

Good hostel in a perfect location to explore Florence. A bit noisy some nights because there are a couple of bars down the road . There is a communal kitchen, but breakfast is not included. It looked like a quiet hostel to me, so don't expect partying until late. There is a computer to surf the internet for free and the staff is very nice and helpful.

Damelza

St Ives, England

Very cosy place: the rooms, shared bathroom and common area were all very clean. It's also very central, but make sure that you write down the precise address as there is just a small sign on the door and it's not easy to see it from the street. I felt like being hosted by a friend and I also met some nice girls.

• 31st Aug 2012

Driftwood Surf Lodge

Newquay, England

Very nice hostel: the room, shared bathroom, kitchen and common area were all very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend it.

• 30th Aug 2012