Suzhou Watertown Hostel, Suzhou, China
6.9
10th Jun 2014

We arrived at night, so it was a little scary walking down the dark alley with what seemed like shady characters. Only when we realised that there was a police station just 2 buildings away did we feel slightly safer. Requested for a twin bed but was given a double instead. Place was pretty barebone. Walk to the subway is challenging with luggage, otherwise near to the main shopping/eating district. Staff could definitely be friendlier.

Lamb Tour House, Taipei, Taiwan
18th Jun 2013

I arrived later than usual with a terrible sunburn on both thighs due to a last minute rafting trip. The only bed available was the upper bunk and the sweet lady who checked me in was very apologetic and offered an ice pack. She also said that she will arrange for a lower bunk for me the very next night. This was my second time at flip flop and out of 5 Taipei hostels I've stayed in, flip flop is the best. Definitely staying here next time I'm in Taipei.

14th Jun 2013

• Singapore,
B&B Al Saor, Venice, Italy
27th Jun 2008

Silvia was really helpful and the terrace was a great place to have breakfast and start off the day. I'll definitely stay in Al Saor again if I'm visiting Venice again.