Reviews: stevendxb

Location Philippines, Gender Male, Age 42

Jeju Mir Guesthouse, Jeju Island, South Korea
9th Mar 2016

Super clean guesthouse! It's probably the cleanest hostel I've ever been to. So I would strongly recommend this place to everybody. Robin, the weekday manager was always ready to answer my questions and Peter, the owner always ensure the hostel operations is running smoothly. His wife manages well their coffee shop with great staff. This hostel is very close to the airport, with 7 eleven convenient store just located next to the hostel. You can find some restaurants and shops around the area.

Rainforest Bed and Breakfast, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
27th Jan 2016

I would say the receptionists are sooooooo friendly and helpful. Both the ladies are a gem at this hostel. The room was fine except for the flight of stairs I have to take every now and then. Nevertheless it was okay since I didn't bring a suitcase with me. I might come back to this property if I will visit KL again in the future.

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4th Nov 2015

I was received by Ellie (hope the spelling is right), one of the receptionists. She was very helpful and very concerned. She tried her best to help me out with my problem but unfortunately, I need to check out and stay at another hotel because it was just too noisy at the hostel. Some guests were staying up as late as 4am and were talking so LOUDLY. My roommate gave me earplugs but it didn't help much.

Sla Boutique Hostel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
18th Jul 2015

Close to the central market and restaurants. I like all the staff.

10th Jun 2015

Generally speaking, I like the hostel but I wasn't able to sleep well because of the noise from the road. So next time, I should ask for a room on a higher floor on the backside of the building.

Quarters Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
27th Oct 2014

The staff gives me a reason to stay at Quarters. They're so friendly (esp Michael and Zach), helpful & even offered to carry my heavy luggage to my room. Nothing beats the location, very close to restaurants, convenient stores and metro. The bathrooms are well-maintained and breakfast is okay for the price you're paying for. Rooms are quite tiny though but it's normal in Singapore. If you spend time at the lobby then you'll surely make friends with other travelers. So I'll surely stay here again

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai, Thailand
8th Apr 2014

The staff are the best in Thailand. They speak English and would help make your stay the best too. I like the location, security and cleanliness. I will stay there again for sure.

my-gayhostel, Berlin, Germany
2nd Mar 2014

The staff makes this hostel the best place to stay in Berlin. Frank was the best, he makes sure you have everything that you need to know and he takes time to show you around the hostel and what you can do around the area. Nothing beats the location and you can definitely sleep over the night because it's so quiet. It's very clean and the room is also spacious. I had a really nice roommate that made my stay memorable. People from other rooms were so friendly too. I will surely stay there again

23rd May 2013

This is my 2nd time on this hostel and again had made new friends whilst there. The location is perfect, so close to the main train station. This is very important for me. The toilet and bath are always checked. They offer free breakfast which I never have tried yet. The rooms are quite small though and if you prefer to sleep better, ask the reception to put you on a room not facing the street especially on weekends.

HOTEL ACON, Dusseldorf, Germany
21st Apr 2013

Location is perfect though it's in the red light district but the area is completely safe. I would stay there again if I happen to visit DUS again in the future.

Die Wohngemeinschaft, Cologne, Germany
18th Apr 2013

I can't find any fault, everything is great - the staff, organic breakfast - though not free, bathroom is so clean and the bed is twin size, the locker and security. The staff will make an effort to make your stay comfortable as possible, a service which you can't find in any other hostels in Germany. You need to stay there so you would understand what I meant.

Egyptian Night, Cairo, Egypt
7.7
12th Apr 2013

Location is perfect, just opposite the egyptian museum and tahrir square. Very friendly staff, all if them, muhammad, made, mahout and the girls. I've bought all my tours with them. I booked in the make dorm but I had it to myself because nobody was around. The others hostelers during my stay were nice people, had a drink with with polish at the living room.

Interhostel, Stockholm, Sweden
9th Mar 2013

The location was perfect and close to everything where I needed to be! The facilities are fine and the kitchen can be your place to find new friends. The night shift staff (a girl from Estonia) was super friendly. I was lucky too to have very friendly roommates. If you like Thai and Japanese food, then both restaurants are close by the hostel. From the hostel, you can walk straight to the Old Town. There's no need to take the public transportation.

Gay Hostel (male only), Berlin, Germany
8th Mar 2013

I only had one night to stay there to try it out but found it an awesome place to stay. Everyone were so friendly even Gianmarco, the Manager was also friendly. Some of us went out to Tom's bar and became new friends. The shower room was perfect too!

International Students House, London, England
3rd Nov 2012

the staff were so kind to find me a way to stay in the hostel because i didn't know i have to pay in advance. And because of that I will definitely stay there again. It's also close to the tube station, restaurants and supermarket. i stayed in a single room with bath, so it was awesome!

Riad Verus, Fez, Morocco
14th Apr 2012

Location is perfect, near the Medina. Just pay 20 MAD for the red taxi from Station. All the staff were so friendly/helpful esp Yousef and Hisham without asking for money in return for their services. Leonore (MGR) is very kind. Hisham took me to my 1st hammam experience but Yousef taught me how to do it myself. Yousef gave me advises on how to go around the Medina (you can trust this guy perfectly well). The hostel is very clean and breakfast is AWESOME!!! I will definitely stay there again.

Riad Chez Lea, Marrakech, Morocco
7th Apr 2012

The location may a bit difficult to find but you can always contact them to pick you up from Cafe de France, otherwise, be ready to pay for MAD 50 or less if you want to go directly to the hostel (which I did). People will hassle you for getting to the hostel but they're friendly and won't harm you, so don't be scared.Mehdi, Abdu, Leila and Malik are there to welcome you. They're all very nice and will try to help everyone. They're excellent cook and the breakfast is awesome! see you soon guys!

• Philippines, Male,
Trauko's Home, Barcelona, Spain
30th Nov 2011

The location is PERFECT, close to everything and places I need to go to during my entire stay. They've got a kitchen where you can practically cook anything you like, washing machine, free internet and veranda (nice place to have breakfast or dinner). Unfortunately, during my entire 2 nights stay at this hotel, some Americans were always drunk early in the morning, talking so loudly and didn't even bother to clean up their own mess...Oh this isn't my first experience with this nationality.

Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel, Berlin, Germany
12th Aug 2011

it's my 2nd time around to stay at this hostel so I will definitely go back there when I'm back to Berlin very soon.

7th Aug 2011

the place is clean, close to the station with fantastic view of the harbour and free breakfast. I will stay there again when I'm back to Hamburg

• Philippines, Male,
Wira Hostel, Hamburg, Germany
7.7
6th Aug 2011

fantastic location just opposite the train station and the place is also clean. the only thing missing was the kitchen but it's fine since I don't really cook. free coffee facility is great! I will go back there if in Hamburg soon.

24th May 2011

Perfect location close to the main train station and kiosks. Though it's right inside the Red Light district, it's still SAFE to walk around. You can certainly make new friends whilst there as the hostel has got a nice lobby lounge. the only problem I've had was the noise from the street at night and early morning.

23rd May 2011

it's within the red light district but surely the area is safe even with the drunk guys around. the hostel is clean and you can easily meet new friends at the lobby lounge.

Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel, Berlin, Germany
8.7
12th Mar 2011

location is perfect, close to everything where i needed to go. place is clean and very quiet that I was able to sleep well at night. I came early to the hostel to check in and Markus (receptionist on duty) was very accommodating and took time to talk when not busy. Ben (receptionist) offered help to carry my luggage to my room - that is something you'll never hear from any other hostels in the world. hence, I'll definitely stay there again when in Berlin.

Condor 1, Prague, Czech Republic
6.7
13th Mar 2009

location was very near the Old Town Square. Sdenka, the old lady receptionist was really very kind and accommodating. We will definitely not forget her! If we decide to stay there again, then that\'s because of her!

Hostel Oasis, Moscow, Russia
8th Dec 2008

I really have enjoyed my stay in Oasis - nice staff, very clean room and toilet with 24 hours hot shower, close to all the sights & sounds of Moscow. My Russian roommate (Oleg) gave a party one night with unlimited Vodka drinks. I will definitely stay there again.

Gay Hostel, London, England
6.0
13th Nov 2008

good location and if you\'re just looking for a place to sleep over

Athens Easy Access, Athens, Greece
6.7
14th Jul 2008

It\'s very hot in the room during the summer. I suggest you visit Athens from September onwards.

Athens Easy Access, Athens, Greece
12th Jul 2008

pefect location close to everything you need - supermarket, restaurants, shopping, metro and internet cafes

Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
14th Mar 2008

Location might not be ideal but manageable by tram and bus. The place is really clean, VERY NICE FOOD, which you can\'t find in other hostels in the world. It\'s like a hotel actually. worth staying there again over those crap hostels in city center

13th Mar 2008

location is perfect

Circus Hostel, Berlin, Germany
11th Mar 2008

Julia, Alicia and Lars are the best staff I´ve ever met at Circus Hostel though the others are also fine. Room and Shower are definitely okay except for the toilet bowls because there are those who are considerate of others who will also use the toilet. But in general, this is one of the best hostels Ive stayed so far in Berlin.

Frankfurt Hostel, Frankfurt, Germany
9.3
10th Aug 2007

definitely one of the best hostels in the world...would stay there again

Freestyle Hostel, Rome, Italy
5.7
9th Aug 2007

there are other better hostels around the area

Peace & Love Hostel, Paris, France
8.7
6th Aug 2007

the only problem are the stairs...it\'s like stairways to heaven... the hostess was very friendly.

3.3
4th Aug 2007

not a good hostel to stay / staff were not friendly

2nd Aug 2007