HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

Good Hostel made great by Natasha's fantastic 'FREE' Yoga class! I also enjoyed the bar crawl. It is the volunteers who give up their free time who make this hostel great. The room and kitchen staff also do a fantastic job but it would be nice to see them smile from time to time;0) A sensitive jibe at the owners to reward their most valuable staff;0) This is inevitable due to the massive influx of travellers and young students who take overthe place. Definately the best hostel in Boston!

• 29th Mar 2013

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

This Hostel was recommended to me from a girl I met whilst backpacking. I was very impressed with the accomodation which was clean and had fantastic faciliteies like a hotel. The staff also let me visit Quebec and then return even though I had paid for my consequtive stay.

• 25th Mar 2013

Belsize House

Single beds as opposed to bunk beds make this hostel much more comfortable than most other London hostels. The area is extremely wealthy and is home to many celebrities (Helena Bonham Carter and Gwyneth Paltrow both livee locally). It is easy to walk to Camden Town for nightlife and the long term English residents are friendly and sociable helping you to take in the London nightlife. The addition of a nightly dinner makes the hostel great value when compared to similar hostels as is big rooms

• 10th Aug 2011

Venture Hostel

Journeys Greenwich West Hostel is located off Deptford Bridge DLR station next to a council estate. Local residents use the bar to play pool at night time making it intimidating for international travellers to meet each other and drink as in other hostels. Hostel residents keep to themselves upstairs in the safety of the hostel rooms. The lock to the hostel door was faulty and I didn't feel safe leaving my things inside the room as a result. On the plus side, the beds were comfy and clean!

Thanks for leaving a comment. It is unfortunate that you felt intimidated by some of the locals here. Many guests that stay here go into the bar and have a drink and play pool, with the local people. The locals here are no different than most people in London. Since you left this comment we have checked the door for the room you were staying in and the front door to the hostel and found nothing wrong with them. It is unfortunate that you didn't mention this to our staff as we could have had a look at what you thought was wrong straight away. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously.

The Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

The Hostel was near Haymarket station which is a 15-20 minute walk from the centre of Edinburgh. It has recently changed its name from the West End Hostel which was confusing. The room was clean and newly renovated and had only four beds which was good. The shower was flooded and was in the same room as the toilet area which was not ideal. The sinks were badly located outside a toilet cubicle and were also tiny and did not have plugs attached which made it extremely difficult to shave.

• 23rd Jul 2010

The Lazy Shark

Bournemouth, England

The location is not in Bournemouth itself but in Boscombe. It is 20 minutes walk to Bournemouth. The hostel manager was friendly and accomodating but the lock on my room door didn't work so there was no security. I mentioned this but it didn't get fixed. The bar closed early but the 'chef' held his own private party downstairs which kept me awake until 4:30 a.m. When I tried to enter I was physically pushed out. A private breakfast was held downstairs which was again closed to residents