Reviews: ifthisislife

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 30

V & Oh Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A bit off the beaten path and away from the touristy parts of Chiang Mai, right next to an awesome public park. Virgi, the owner, is a champion. She gave us great, honest advice about where to go/see and which tour operators to use or not use (and why!). Only thing to note: They're a small place so don't have 24-hour reception. So make sure you coordinate when you're going to arrive!

• 20th Oct 2013

Nomads Westend

Sydney, Australia

Thank you thank you thank you to the early AM front desk staffer who helped get my medicine/first aid bag to me at the airport at 6:00AM when I was a dolt and forgot it! Also, I appreciated that the hostel didn't require deposit for use of kitchen utensils like many others, it meant that there was a dearth of forks and mugs, though. And, though the kitchen was uber busy at dinner time, awesome that you had a staffer on hand to keep things tidy while folks were cooking!

Hello Daniela, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I will pass on your comments to our AM receptionist :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels! Love Nomads Westend :-)

HostelOne Puerta Del Sol

Madrid, Spain

The staff are amazingly available, helpful and friendly. They foster a great atmosphere that leads to a true community and home away from home feel. It was almost hard to leave the hostel itself and go see Madrid!