Amakaya Backpacker Hostel

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

It didn´t seem there is somebody responsible for the place. The kitchen looked like hell (when was that water-filter-system cleaned for the last time? Then better remove it) and there was very few equipment we could use for cooking. Cockroach in our bedroom, which was tiny (but for being so tiny it was well equipped).

• 3rd Jan 2013

Hello Alexander Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We did find that a temporary staff member was not carrying out duties correctly and in hindsight proper checks should have been done daily on her work. I am pleased to say that what you mention has already been addressed - the water filter was actually addressed on 5 January - again a duty not being completed. You will have noticed signs in the kitchen advising guests that it is their responsibility to clean their dishes/pots after they use them. Our night staff was not following up on this, hence the mess that the cleaner could only get to after ensuring the rooms were ready for incoming guests. This has also been rectified, including any empty beer bottles that may be left around after the bar closes. We have a contract with a company, Rentokil, who regularly inspect the premises for bugs - cockroaches, ants etc and they have always found the premises to be pest free when they do their inspections. I did draw their attention to your experience and have taken extra precautions with a barrier spray on all window and door frames to prevent a future occurrance. I trust that you nevertheless enjoyed your visit to Plettenberg Bay and South Africa. Regards Dave Swart

African Array Lodge

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Great location! I loved the terrace! Awesome! Definitly a place to stay if you wish to relax!

• 2nd Jan 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review African Array Lodge, and we love making you feel relaxed and comfortable.

Backpackers Oasis Shanti

Oudtshoorn, South Africa

• 1st Jan 2013

• 30th Dec 2012

Casa Olmata

Rome, Italy

Every night there is free pasta!!! And there is a really nice terrace!!! For breakfast you get a food-package which you also can take with you on your day-trip. But you can choose a voucher to get coffee and croissant in a cafe around the corner as well, if you want to have breakfast the italian way. The bathrooms are cleaned several times a day and the beds are made every day! Clean and tidy sheets. Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers on the corridor.

The Venice Beach Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

you can´t lock the bathrooms! only the toilet, not the shower! no lockers in the room. I booked a 8-bed-dorm and got a 13-bed-dorm. it costs 5 dollar to leave your luggage during the day after checkout and there is no locked room for this luggage!

When I first arrived I thought the place is not so good but then I found out that it's much better than I thought! The breakfast is great and yhe people are fun!