Reviews: hammerheart

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 28

The Baroness Hotel

Seattle, USA

I thought this hotel was really nice. It is quite old, but it is comfortable and clean, and the atmosphere is really cool because it's so old. I truly enjoyed my stay. The only thing I will say is that I wish there were safes in the room and a fan in the bathroom. I thought it was really neat that there was a kitchen with dishes so you could cook your own meals. I will definitely stay here again next time in Seattle.

• 13th Jul 2013

AAE Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Loved this place. One of my favourite cheaper stays in Seattle. Would definitely stay here again. The room was very spacious and clean.

• 5th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

This was a great hostel in a good location right near Green Lake Park, which is a really great place to hang out. It is also close to the foreigner's street if you're into that. We stayed in a private room and it was just like staying in a hotel. The shower was great...one of the best I had in all of China! The bar/common area was nice and was always busy. The staff at the bar/restaurant could have been better since they didn't know what to do with the coupon they gave us at the front desk.

• 14th Aug 2012

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

I really liked this hostel. The showers were great and hot! The beds were comfortable and the common area/bar was really nice. The staff for the most part was really friendly and helpful except for one girl who was kind of rude and when I asked questions about how to get places, she would always say "you should book the tour" no matter how many times I said I didn't want to! The others were great and helpful though. If you order tea you can keep getting refills of water which is nice.

• 11th Aug 2012

Yamen Hostel

Pingyao, China

This hostel was really great . The private room was great and it was really clean. The courtyard was really nice and the common area was a great place to meet people. The location is fantastic, with a really good restaurant across the street. The shared bathroom was decent but could have been a bit cleaner, but it was still definitely usable! I would stay here again and would recommend it to everybody

• 9th Aug 2012

Peking Yard Hostel

Beijing, China

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! The staff is absolutely fantastic! They are so helpful and kind. I was so sad to leave! One of the girls even gave me a hug goodbye. I constantly felt welcome there. If you have any questions, they are eager to help. The bathrooms were great and clean. The showers were fantastic. The courtyard was beautiful and so was the common area. The location is great, close to so many sights! I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 4th Aug 2012

Hostel Kokopelli

Lima, Peru

This place is great. The staff is very friendly and the location in Miraflores is awesome. Close to so many restaurants and bars and the main park, Parque Kennedy. There is a common area with bean bag chairs and lots of movies, and a rooftop bar. Unfortunately I was very sick while I was there so I didn't do much but the staff was always concerned with how I was feeling and let me use their phone to call my insurance company. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

• 17th Jul 2010

La Casa de los Pinguinos

Arequipa, Peru

This place is great! Alexandra is very friendly and knowledgeable about the city. She is so willing to help. The place was clean and comfortable with a TV in the room! It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the Plaza de Armas. I would stay here again.

• 15th Jul 2010
  • Globetrotter

The hostel is very close to the main tourist street and also is walking distance from the port to take ferries on Lake Titicaca. The staff were very friendly and very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms were cold but there is a heater in the rooms which helps. The only thing was one of the windows in the bathroom which looks out in the hallway was not there, so if someone was walking up the stairs to the next floor, they could see in. There was also a TV in the room. I would stay here again.

• 13th Jul 2010

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, best shower in Peru, I swear! Free coca tea at all times, a great courtyard/lounge area. Tons of bean bag chairs to lounge about on. Theres a bar, and several computers with free internet. staff is friendly, theres a laundry service that you drop off your laundry at the reception, and pick it up later clean and folded! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it!

• 11th Jul 2010

Hostal de Turistas Chaska

Machu Picchu, Peru

Our room was spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly although they couldn't speak english, they made every effort to help you. Free breakfast first thing in the morning was great if you are an early riser to go up to Machu Picchu. I would recommend this place and would stay here again.

• 10th Jul 2010

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

• 8th Jul 2010
  • Globetrotter

This is a good place to stay if you have an early flight the next day as it is quite close to the airport and they have airport pick up and drop off for a very good price. Also they have hot water and the place is clean and also there is free internet. Good rooms that are comfortable.

• 7th Jul 2010
  • Globetrotter

The hostel was very cold at night as it is not heated, which would be okay if there were enough blankets on the bed. Also, they promised to pick us up from the airport but the taxi never showed so we had to call them to get another one, which came in 20-30 minutes but cost us 60 soles instead of 50 as promised originally. The staff however were very friendly and gave good advice on what to do in Lima. Also, the water didn't work one morning, but it was very early so that could be why.

• 1st Jul 2010

Butterfly Villa Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

This hostel is great! I would definitely stay here again. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. The breakfast is mediocre, but its free so you can\'t complain. My only real complaint is its hard to take a shower in the lower floor bathrooms while others are taking a shower upstairs as it will go from scalding to cold constantly...the upstairs bathroom is the best as you will not have this problem. At night, you don\'t have to worry about the water problem so its not too bad.

Flying Time

Sibiu, Romania

This hostel is a good value, nice clean rooms, big kitchen and laundry(although it takes about 3 hours or more to wash and dry) , it also has a bar downstairs that goes until 6am. However, it needs more private showers, as there was only one and the other showers were open communal ones which for a canadian/north american is hard for me to get used to, thus I had to wait for awhile to use the private one. But if this doesn\'t bother you, go for it!it is a very nice hostel.

LaDespani

Brasov, Romania

This guesthouse is amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, I have no complaints. The owners of the place are such sweethearts, so friendly and accomodating and fun to spend time with. This is one of the best places I have stayed, the price is unbeatable for what you get and it even has a small swimming pool! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone coming to Brasov.

Burg Hostel

Sighisoara, Romania

The location of the hostel is hard to beat. Its within the city walls so its walking distance from all the sights in Sighisoara. If you are driving, beware of scammers leading you to a parking spot and trying to charge you. Parking is free game pretty much anywhere here so don\'t give them anything! The restaurant at the hostel is very good but the staff is not very friendly. At all. The private room we had was huge! Very good value for your money.

Retro Youth Hostel

Cluj Napoca, Romania

Very nice place however we booked an 8 bed dorm and it was, but there was a door leading to the next dorm that you had to go through ours to get to. Doors did not lock, bathrooms were clean and private. Beds were okay but if you are on the top bunk you can feel every movement the person under you makes, but this is pretty normal for hostel bunks. The staff was very friendly and funny. Internet is free. All in all very good hostel would definitely recommend that you stay here.

Hotel Europa Life

Frankfurt, Germany

This is a decent hotel. Rooms are small but comfortable. staff very helpful.

Hotel Jakoberhof

Augsburg, Germany

This is ok budget accomodation. rooms small with bathroom down the hall which was quite clean. TV in room. Free breakfast. Not a very long walk to the sights. All in all decent, wouldn\'t stay here again though.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

what a great hostel. Fantastic location, friendly staff, clean rooms and ensuite bathrooms. I would highly recommend this hostel

Lette`m Sleep Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

Amazing location, great atmosphere. Fairly clean, but not great, bathrooms a little wet. Would probably stay here again but would check out other options.

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. What more could you ask for. I would definitely recommend ths hostel and would stay here again in a heartbeat

MEININGER London Hyde Park

This place is your typical hostel...not bad, but its not the greatest for the price you pay. The bathrooms in the room are exceptionally tiny...they are the size of airplane bathrooms...thats really my only complaint. all in all I enjoyed my stay and it was clean and I felt pretty safe and was able to get a good sleep!

Ford Manor Guest House

Stansted, England

This place was awful. The place was dirty, there was a big cluster of spiders in the shower, and when I told the caretaker about it, she got angry with me and insulted me! I will never stay here again. Even the complimentary tea in the room came with dirty tea cups that had already been used!!

This place is great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. All in all good place, would stay here again

The Pink Palace

Corfu, Greece

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, maybe good for some people, but it was an awful experience for me.

PLUS Alba D'Oro Camping

Venice, Italy

This place is fantastic for staying in Venice on a budget. I stayed in a cabin with its own bathroom and shower and it was very secure and clean. I would definitely stay here again, only problem is how far away it is from Venice, but there is a bus that leaves frequently and if you take it early enough, you will be able to see enough of venice to catch the last bus to the campsite. Theres also a bar at the site to make up for not being able to see the nightlife in Venice.

great staff, clean and comfortable. would definitely stay here again!

PLUS Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

This place was very clean and comfortable. Rooms were very big and bright (but had to be for us, since there was 10 beds in the room) Location is decent, just a short bus ride away from all the sights. The hostel is really close to an amazing club, wish I could remember the name. The bar at the hostel is really great as well...lots of computers to access the internet, food, and beer pong. The pool in the basement is great. Would stay here again without a thought.

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

This place is amazing. Zero complaints whatsoever. Great clean comfortable big rooms. The common area is so much fun. It has its own bar area and has musical instruments (including a piano, guitar, and drums) for everyone to jam out to. Also has a wonderful outside patio area to lounge outside in the sun. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place was lots of fun! The bar area was a great hangout. Clean place, bathrooms were VERY small in the room and someone stole my shoes but besides that it was a really good stay. Its also in a fantastic area close to lots of sights! would recommend this place and would stay here again.

This place is awesome!!! a little pricey, but you really get what you paid for. The bar is a great place to hang out and meet other travellers, and the rooms are comfortable and very clean. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Hipotel Paris Belleville

Paris, France

This place is in quite an unsafe location, so be careful if you are travelling by yourself and you are a girl. Besides that, the facilities are very basic, dont expect much. Okay place, except it would have been nice to have a door instead of a curtain to our ensuite that we paid extra for.