Reviews: christythomas098800

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

They had a mix-up with the reservations and we had to switch rooms part way through our stay, but the staff were apologetic for the inconvenience, gave us free special breakfast coupons, and adjusted our bill so we did not overpay for the new rooms.

• 30th Jun 2014

Great deal for the price -- clean and more (American) hotel-like than many other similarly priced options I've stayed in before in Milan. Taxi to the train station was cheap for leaving early in the morning with more luggage than we normally travel with.

Tourist House Liberty

Florence, Italy

Staff was not always in the office during the posted hours; they do not really accept credit card and prefer cash instead.

Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Venice, Italy

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

• 2nd Mar 2014

This is the way a large chain hostel should be done. Clean, quiet, social, informative. The showers were amazing, and you can tell that Wombat hostels don't cut corners in the renovation and maintenance of their facilities.

• 28th Feb 2014

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Caters more to large tour groups than to individuals. My primary complaints are the poor quality of the beds in the 6- and 8- person rooms, lack of outlets in the bathrooms, no soap in the dorm bathrooms, broken shower doors, and a complete lack of enforcement of quiet hours. The external door to our room was even kicked in by a wasted middle-aged woman at 9.30 in the morning. I've stayed here multiple times, but I will likely look for accommodation elsewhere for my next stay in Florence.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Chalet Haute Boheme B&B

Chamonix, France

• 17th Feb 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased. My hotel of choice in Turin.

My main complaint was the lack of hot water for the showers.

• 5th Jan 2014

Hotel Loris

Milan, Italy

A fine option for a double room in Milan when traveling on a budget. Staff is very friendly, area is relatively quiet at night. Hotel is generally clean, has a working elevator for luggage. The credit card machine was not working, but the staff was fine with us bringing cash later after we had checked in. Wifi was decent even on the top floor. Shared bathroom did not have a toilet seat.

Aline Hotel

Florence, Italy

Overall very happy with our stay. Great value for a double room in Florence. Although there are other hotels closer to the city center, this was still very walkable. Staff was lovely; spent quite some time chatting with one of the owners. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and well-kept. Wifi was fast and reliable. My only complaint is that the hotel ended up being overbooked for our first night, so they reserved us a room in a different hotel for that night, which was added hassle.