San Fermin

San Sebastian, Spain

The hostel is clean and indeed recently renovated. The room that we stayed in had 6 beds that were really really close to each other - think like 6 beds in a room suitable for 2. Fortunately, we were there in May, which is off season and there was nobody else in the room, so we had no real issue. I'd say the hostel is ok if you only want to use it for sleeping and a shower (a good shower). It also has a terrace on the last floor with a nice street view that could serve as a common area.

• 1st May 2013
  • Romania

Garden House Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This was the best hostel we've ever stayed in! We had really never ever seen such a clean hostel, in such a beautiful building and with such lovely staff. Keep up the good work!

• 9th Sep 2011
  • Romania

Hotel Annexe

Paris, France

Fisrt of all, Hotel Louxor is called now Annexe Hotel, we found out upon arrival. it's like the annexe of the Taylor hotel... hm. It's situated on a street that we have searched for every time we went back to the hotel....but a nice street:) The room we had(private with our own bathroom) was small but very nice. The room was cleaned every day, but they always forgot something, one day to take the garbage out, one day to do the linen.... The towels smell like hard core chemistry. We chose to use our own linen and towels, although I can say that it was much cleaner then in other hostels I've seen. The room where we could have eaten breakfast(but we didn't) didn't have enough air inside, they should open the windows more often! The only relation with the staff was to take the room key from them and to give it back, no other dialogue:)... oh! they also showed us the baggage room in two words:) The location is almost ok, we walked all the time to wherever we wanted to go, but still it's at least 15 minutes to anywhere(there are also metro and bus stations very close). There is no fun whatsoever provided by the hostel or hotel?, but then again, you do that on your own, right? I would reccomend it to a couple that looks for some time on their own and not for socializing. I strongly reccomend the boulangerie on the right of the hotel!