Buddy's Hostel, Guilin, China
6.9
2nd Aug 2013

I had a nice stay at the hostel and staff were helpful and friendly. They were no water purifiers which I kept having to buy water. Their computers are a bit dodgy... The locks on the door didn't seem very secure and there people from the business that shared the same corridor as my room walking up and down. The hostel organised a trip for me and didn't mention that it involved a river cruise as well which meant waiting in the bus for an hour and a half to avoid paying for this cruise.

Lakeside Inn, Guilin, China
6.9
30th Jul 2013

I did not have an opportunity to stay in this hostel because they made a mistake with my reservation so on arrival they sent me to another hotel that wasn't very nice. This was a shame because the staff at the Lakeside in were very friendly and helpful and the hostel seemed very nice.

7.4
27th Jul 2013

Their facilities would be better if they had water purifiers which most other hostels I have stayed at in China have provided, which was really good because all you have to do is fill up your bottle. The food was really good and the main common room had a really nice relaxed atmosphere.