Unusual (in a good way) hostel, feels like a friendly home, and the cheap mojitos every evening were a nice touch! The terrace is amazing, and for a birder like me, offers the chance to watch bee-eaters migrating overhead! Only downside for me was the people returning at 3.30 in the morning talking at full volume as they came in. Can't blame the hostel for that though!

• 16th Sep 2013

Smart Hyde Park Inn

Unpleasant smell in corridors of hostel. Poorly maintained toilet facilities (my shower was a trickle that barely made it off the wall, and toilet doors difficult to bolt). Keycards very unreliable at opening doors (many people in our room simply left the door ajar so they wouldn't be locked out)

I am not aware of any issues with our key-card system, which of course is regularly maintained by the operating company we lease it from. Should there be a problem, it would be expected to be fixed right away - and I am assured that no one else has reported a similar issue. As to the toilet doors, they have all been checked and no one has had trouble bolting them.