Reviews: alice_at_the_palace1894

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Base Camp Antigua

Antigua, Guatemala

Good location and the tours they offer are awesome. You can get the best of both worlds here, you can come back after a hike and chill out, play some ping pong and sleep in a really comfy bed. On the flip side if you want to party there are bars and restaurants all around but just not a lot of partying going on inside the hostel so you can get a good nights sleep. I'd stay here again for sure. The tour up acatenango was awesome as well, highly recommend it!

• 9th Jan 2014

Holiday Jones

Chicago, USA

nice clean hostel. Didn't have much of a vibe to it but it's clean and in an awesome area. Staff are fantastic

• 5th Jan 2014

Hostel Mora Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

This hostel was amazing. I have only ever given 100% to a couple of hostels but I couldn't fault this hostel at all. They let us check in early after we got off our night bus, the breakfast we amazing every morning, they were really helpful with info and tours, good location, we were really lucky and had a great group of people there so the atmosphere was awesome. Just like you're staying in a big house. We booked for 2 nights and stayed for 4 in the end. Thanks for a great stay!

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your comments... enjoy your travel!

Che Salguero Youth Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

We loved this hostel and couldn't fault it at all. The beds were the comfiest I've slept on since being back home (over 8 months ago), the staff were amazing, the group dinners at night were damn tasty and were a really good social activity to get to know other people, it's well located (only a few blocks from the bus station) and they let us check in early after getting off the night bus and even let us have breakfast. Thanks for a great stay guys! Wish we could have stayed longer :(

• 20th Aug 2013

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This hostel was good, but it didn't live up to the hype that everyone else has been raving about... The rooms only had one key and the last person to leave had to remember to lock the door and hand the key back to reception, and being in an 8 bed dorm we found that our door was always open so we had to have our things locked away at all times. Top bunks don't have rails and one girl fell out of her bed. All in all hostel was good and activities were good

• 16th Aug 2013

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

This hostel was great but it was located on the edge of Vila Madalena so we ended up catching cabs home at night after being out because there's a cemetery between the hostel and the nightlife/restaurants in Vila Madalena. It's also located right next to some sort of gym or school because all we heard all day and into the early evening were kids screaming and running around... not the hostel's fault but waking up with a cracking hangover to kids screaming isn't ideal. Great hostel despite this!

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

This hostel is brand new and awesome. We decided to get a double room instead of a dorm for a change and it was like staying in a hotel, but for hostel prices. Only thing I can fault it on is not having a shower curtain in the bathroom so the water went everywhere but apart from that it was great. Right next to the train station so it's super convenient and just a really cool hostel.

• 27th Jul 2013

The Clarence Park

Toronto, Canada

Hostel was in a great location, just down the road from pretty much everything. No lockers in rooms, beds were comfy, air-conditioning kept coming off the wall so the hot air from the air conditioning unit would pump into the room, as well as the outside heat, our bathroom was never clean but I think that's because a long termer in our room had the cleaning jobs and never did our room.

• 3rd Jul 2013

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Hostel was really well located, everyone was really friendly and it was easy to make friends. The hostel is located right around the corner from the bus station as well, but it's not in a dodgy area so it's just super convenient. Nightlife is so close and so are restaurants. The sister hostel is also really good and has a good bar.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

excellent location, can't beat it. Bar in the hostel is good and the staff were also pretty good. There seemed to be a bunch of kids staying at this hostel when we were there though... not the hostels fault but just FYI

• 26th Jun 2013

HI - Boston

Boston, USA

Only thing I could really fault it on was the location, didn't seem to be the best but I guess it is right next to Boston Common and the metro station. It's a big hostel but nice and clean and the free organized walking tours and pub crawls were really good.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

This is the second time I stayed here and I'll stay here again when I visit next time. Just a great hostel. Stay here.

• 18th Jun 2013

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

more of a hotel than a hostel. Was always clean, good facilities, staff were great but because it was more of a hotel vibe there was no common area and really hard to meet people. Apart from that it was great.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

This hostel has a really good common area so it's easy to meet people and have beers at the hostel before going out. We made a lot of cool people here so we had a really good time. It's located in Chelsea which is a great area and close to subway stops. I will most likely stay here again when I come back to New York because we tried a couple of different hostels and although the others were more modern, this hostel had a better vibe and is in an awesome area of town.

• 10th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great location and free beer every night (YES!) Staff are slow (took us half an hour to check in) and our room faced in towards the building and had a window out to the centre of the hostel so noise in the morning that came from the common room below, was noisy and woke us up. All in all a good hostel though and can't beat the location. Free beers are a good way to meet people too!

• 15th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

stay here. It's the best in Vancouver. Bar down stairs, common area, right in the middle of town. Just do it.

• 2nd May 2013
  • Globetrotter

staff are great, hostel is well located, beds are comfy, bathrooms are painted pretty colours. Win win. Stay here.

• 1st May 2013

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

Great hostel located down the road from shops and bars. So much better than staying in the heart of the city. Big shout out to Ben and Joe who are a couple of awesome dudes at reception, but wasn't so happy with Nicholas who was pretty rude. Downside - no air con and it was stinking hot one night that we were there (39 degrees during the day) which is extremely rare for Melbourne, but apart from that I couldn't fault it. Highly recommend it and will stay there again for sure.

• 29th Nov 2012

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

Great hostel with activities at night. Staff were very friendly and it was a great place to stay.

• 2nd Jan 2012

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

very clean hostel and very modern as well which is great. Roof top bar is very cool and the whole hostel is full of aussies so we met some very cool people on our stay.

• 23rd Aug 2010

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

this hostel has a really cool vibe and is just over all very good. Free internet, the bar is great, dvds available to watch downstairs, free dinner on arrival or 1 euros for dinner - brilliant! Only thing wrong was that reception was ALWAYS so busy and the staff seemed like they couldnt care less about you when they eventually served you. Bedrooms are very spacious and clean so definitely stay here!

• 16th Aug 2010

Home to Home Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

A very cool place to stay and in such a good location. Jeno (the owner) is a really nice guy who will help you with anything and it really does feel like you're staying at someone's home. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone.

• 14th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Very clean, spacious, in an excellent location and loads of fun with the bar downstairs. Highly recommended!

• 6th Aug 2010

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Free internet, breakfast is good, rooms are clean, location is amazing and the staff are FANTASTIC- Tuncay and Sharam are the best staff members to look out for! These guys will do anything for you. My luggage got lost on my flight and they offered to go to the airport to pick it up for me. They will help you with ANYTHING. Had so much fun and great roof top to sit and chill out with a beer after a long day of sightseeing :)

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

The hostel is excellently located with restaurants all around and union square just a 5min walk. Hostel was good, no bar to drink in and they had a problem with the heating on the last night I was there - it was like a sauna in our room and when we complained they said there was nothing they could do about it... Wi-fi had bad signal from the first floor up and if you were in a room on the ground floor it was noisy. All in all staff were lovely and helpful, I would definately stay here again :)

St Christopher's Camden

It was better than a few other hostels I have stayed at in London but the showers were not very nice. No hot water and had that annoying push in button that keeps the water on for 3 seconds before going off again. Great location though.

Glebe Village Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

this hostel is ok for a last resort. Locaton is not grea, the bathrooms were some of the worst I have ever seen and the whole place is just very old. No airconditioning is a hige downfall as well because when we stayed there it was unbearably hot, even with the windows open. The only good thing about this hostel is the free pancakes!

• 11th Jan 2009

Flinders Station Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

hostel was ok. great location but i had some problems with beds in our room. someone was sleeping in my bed when I arrived and reception didn't do anything about it until I demanded they give me a new room. Staff didn't seem to care too much about the people staying as well and always seemed too busy to serve you.

• 1st Nov 2008

Base Sydney

Sydney, Australia

A very nice hostel to stay in with great value for money, excellent location, the bar is awesome and the location is the best in the city. Shame about the staff...

• 27th Sep 2008