Budget Hostel Princess

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Whilst I rarely give bad reviews and take a very permissive attitude of hostels as budget accommodation, I cannot pretend this hostel is anything other what what it is - dirty, expensive and uncomfortable. At 35 euros per night this is at the upper end of what I ever pay for hostels, yet at the lowest in terms of quality. the room was tiny with the beds very close together, broken metal bunks which made a horrendous noise, and the bathrooms were tiny, damaged and dirty. would write more but cant

The Warsaw Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Excellent staff made this a very pleasant stay :)

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

My second stay of this trip in this hostel, see my previous review for comments. Excellent.

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas

Kaunas, Lithuania

I am a big fan of this hostel - location is perfect, staff are great, everything is clean and comfortable. Definitely the place to stay in Kaunas

Klaipeda Hostel

Klaipeda, Lithuania

A very good hostel. Location may seem a little out but you will find you can get to the centre very quickly when you become accustomed to the town.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

A very pleasant surprise! This is a fantastic hostel - great location, lovely staff, clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are original and social. There is no need to consider staying anywhere else in Vilnius - this place will suit every traveller type.

Riga Hostel

Riga, Latvia

Definitely my hostel of preference for visits to riga - the staff are lovely, the location is great and the hostel is clean, sleek and with good facilities.

U Granitsy

Narva, Estonia

It is so nice to finally have a quality low cost accomodation option in Narva. Location is perfect.

Looming Hostel

Tartu, Estonia

I am a big fan of this hostel - where other hostels pretentiously pretend to be ethical or eco friendly, this one is the genuine article, and yet remains entirely friendly and unpretentious. Fantastic staff, great facilities.

Terviseks

An excellent hostel achievement

Excellent

Riad Massine II

Marrakech, Morocco

This is a superb hostel. Location could not be better, staff and facilities are excellent. I would be very surprised if there is a better hostel in Marrakesh.

Annexe Kingz Plaza

Dakar, Senegal

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. I had to move my room due to two prostitutes being allowed to stay in my room and bothering me. The next morning they demanded I pay double for moving, they locked me in the reception with the two male workers trying to strong arm me into paying money I didnt know. I NEVER thought I would encounter a hostel where the staff themselves would attempt to mug me. You are given no key, the staff control who goes in and out, so you are at their mercy. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Riga Hostel

Riga, Latvia

Extremely good value for money with good staff and facilities. Only criticism would be that the downstairs door does not lock meaning at night the entrance way becomes a sleeping place for homeless people who stole my pack of cigarettes.

Looming Hostel

Tartu, Estonia

Superb hostel, absolutely lovely staff, faultless.

Terviseks

Tartu, Estonia

You could not ask for more from a hostel.

Lime House Youth Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very pleasant hostel in an excellent location. Very large and practical communal space, good bar, mostely pleasant people. Only negative, I had no problems personally, but a couple of people told me of things going missing, so if you stay here look after your stuff carefully.

HQ Villa

Lima, Peru

An excellent hostel - clean, pleasant, staff friendly and helpful. Only negative, the showers are not very good.

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

Rooms are definately above average in terms of cleanliness and comfort. Location is alright but it's still quite a long way from the major downtown locations. Staff were generally friendly and helpful, some more so than others. Lounge area was pleasant and of a good size. Bathrooms were a bit dirty but there were lots of them and they were large and always with hot water. Generally an above average hostel.