Reviews: pedrocalvin

Location: Portugal, Gender: Male, Age: 31

I liked to have the breakfast at the beach. I disliked to have no wifi at the hostel. Anyway i would stay there again. I had a good time and everyone around was really nice

• 25th Apr 2014

HospedaSalvador

Salvador, Brazil

Great hostel. Great breakfast. Great staff. Great facilities. I only disliked the location. It was pretty central but didn't feel safe at all when you come back from your night out.

• 8th Apr 2014

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Kitchen too small for so many guests.Staff was not enough at the reception. There was a queue every time i went there. But the worst was the security. I met a guy who got his tennis stolen. And another who left his shorts with the wallet inside during the night next to his bed. He also got it stolen. Anyone could enter from the outside and go to your room. Also, staff puts a sticker on your backpack in the luggage room but when i left no one checked if I was really taking mine...Avoid this place

• 17th Mar 2014

La Serrana

Salento, Colombia

Great place to chill out and be inspired by nature :) Salento is just a must you should not skip in your travel to Colombia!

• 10th Mar 2014

Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

If you are a solo traveller this is the place to be in Kathmandu. My only complaints would be about the poor conditions of the bathrooms which were often dirty. The staff was really great and kind. I would just advise to skip eating at their rooftop restaurant. They often forget the orders they have already been asked and paid for. I was once waiting for more than 1 hour to get my toasts and omelet in the morning. Anyway in Kathmandu service tended to be very slow everywhere.

• 13th Oct 2013

Hotel Angel

Pokhara, Nepal

Very cozy place with a really nice garden. The staff was kind, it was only a pitty that when i asked any information they tended not to know much or just tried to sell their packages. As in most places in the world try to avoid taking the Hotel services as they will be more expensive than if you look by yourself (a good example is the taxi which they wanted to charge me 1200 Rs for a taxi that i took later for 800 Rs to do the ABC trek). Anyway they are serious and the shower is great!

• 28th Sep 2013

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

The place to be! Professional, nice, cute, friendly and with amazing showers :)

• 21st Sep 2013

Castle House

Goa, India

The best thing in this Hotel in my opinion was their staff. They were really professional and reliable. The hotel is pretty and I would recommend it to everyone, AS LONG AS YOU DONT TAKE THE DORM ROOM!!! I just staid there for 2 nights and it was so wet and smelly, that i had to wash all my clothes after i left this Hotel because they just got the same smell as the room. If you have an alternative dont take the dorm. If you take a private room you'll be surely happy with your option though.

• 12th Sep 2013

Travellers Inn

Mumbai, India

Very good option in Mumbai! The hotel claims to be a Travellers place but for achieving that they definitely need a living room. Anyway they were building it so this comment might be outdated when you read it. The only thing i really disliked here was all the dust from the remodellations they were doing but that is also a temporary thing. I would stay here again!

• 6th Sep 2013

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

The location is perfect if you, like it was my case, are coming to Dublin to take a flight. It is right next to the bus station Busaras and from there you can take the bus to the airport. That was what i liked in this hostel. What i didn't like were the really dirty ovens and the fact that you have to pay 2€ per day for the locker room. I knew this beforehand, I just didnt know there weren't any lockers in the rooms :S Basicly you have to add 2€ per day to the final price.

• 23rd Dec 2012
  • Portugal

Thanks for your feedback - glad our location suited you so well. Our self-catering kitchen is cleaned regularly and we do ask guests to leave "as they found" - but some are not so tidy as others .We will now check out all the ovens to see if we need to address further The locker charge enables people to leave their luggage for 24 hours - which comes in handy if you arrive early or want to leave your bags after check out for a while.We would love to have in room lockers and are looking at this possibility for 2013. Hope you will come back soon.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

The hostel was very nice, clean and central.

The Warsaw Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

The check in time was in the afternoon, but i arrived around 6AM and since they had a free bed they let me sleep. After a long night travelling on a bus this was a really nice touch! The hostel was very clean and the staff was very nice. The location is right next to Nowy Swiat, one of the nicest streets in Warsaw. I would stay here again!

• 27th Sep 2012
  • Portugal

Thank you for your opinion ;) We are happy that you enjoied our service ;) remember that you are always welcome to The Warsaw Hostel

Viva Hostel Minsk

Minsk, Belarus

This hostel will never be the best in the world due to its limited facilities. They don't have a proper kitchen and one of the only two bathrooms is really small. HOWEVER they could achieve to be a really great place if they had better amenities. The hostel was very well managed, the staff was super friendly and helpful and everything was really clean. I would stay here again for sure :)

Thank you for pleasant words! We try to do our best to satisfy needs of our guests. Our mini-kitchen is not spacious but has microwave, fridge, kettle and crockery essential for preparing food. There are also a couple of supermarkets and cafes around the hostel.

Hostel Traveler Minsk

Minsk, Belarus

The facilities are good. The problem was the location. It is a really difficult place to find if you come by your own and you dont know russian, and it takes more than 30 minutes to get to the city center. The people staying at the hostel seemed to be living there, i didnt meet any travellers. The staff was nice and they did their best to help me, but most of the time the recepcionist was a guy that didnt speak english.My towel disappeared and i couldnt even report this,I had a hard time there.

Hostelgate B'n'B

Vilnius, Lithuania

I am a very happy customer who, after being at this hostel 5 years ago, came back. Vilnius is a great city and this is the hostel where you will want to stay! :)

City Hostel

Kaunas, Lithuania

It's a pitty the kitchen is a bit limited, but the breakfast was perfect and the staff was great!

The Monks Bunk Nida

Nida, Lithuania

Nida is amazing! Don't miss the opportunity to discover this piece of heaven!

Hostel Kubu

Klaipeda, Lithuania

By the past reviews I was afraid about the location but the truth is that Klaipeda is a small city and the walk to the old town was quite pleasant, and its fairly short. The hostel is nearly perfect, my only complain is that there isn't staff at the hostel 24 hours. This would be ok for me if I was previously informed by e-mail, but that was not the case. When I arrived to the hostel the door was closed and no staff. Anyway the staff was very friendly and did their best to compensate that.

Midtown Hostel

Gdansk, Poland

Great staff, clean hostel, good location. The place to stay in Gdansk! :) A possible improvement would be to have more bathrooms and a bigger area for eating. When I was there I had no problems at all but I imagine that during high season this would be a problem.

Best Choice Rooms

Malaga, Spain

The only good thing about this place was its location. Apart of that, the place is a bit hostile towards guests. They should have some training on hospitality, because they certainly don't know how to please the guests. The breakfast with plastic cups and dishes was ridiculous. I would prefer to wash my own dishes and have a proper breakfast. The breakfast juice was like water. The rooms were noisy. Well... I wouldn't stay here again.

To be honest your comment surprised me, because the truth you must observe the other reviews that I have and most say that the staff is excellent, about the plastic cups and plates, hahaha I see there is much ignorance on your part, as they are disposable and so for reasons of hygiene, and most people do not like to use plates, cups and cutlery used by other people even though that can be washed, in relation to noise for 40 euros at the center malaga historic is what I can offer, if you want more silence you must go to a 5 star hotel, they will isolate you in a room and you will pay 200 euros a night, I even gave you sugar to cook a cake and gave you the kitchen, don't know what else you intended, and the truth is we are the least hostile.

El Clandestino

Granada, Spain

We loved to stay in here. We knew from the other reviews that it would be a bit far from the center, but after all it wasn't a big disadvantage at all. Nearby there is the best tapas place we've been to ( search for Nido del Buho ), on the way back to the hostel there is a great ice cream shop (in Gran Via). Plus, the terrace was so nice and the staff so kind and helpful that we felt like at home. We would come back.

Riad Chez Lea

Marrakech, Morocco

This was a good place to relax after the exhausting days in Marrakech. The staff was nice and always worried to make sure the guests were happy. I thought it wouldn't be such a big walk from the main square (Djemaa el fna) to here. This is not really a complain. The location is good. I was just expecting better location because the hostel has almost 100% review on the location. I would come back to this hostel.

• 8th May 2012

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

The pros: location is good, the amenities are perfect (there are many guests but there are many common places, including the kitchen which is huge) The staff was nice and helpful. The cons: there are way too many people living in there on a long term basis. I felt more like an intruder in the hostel for that people rather than a fellow backpacker. The building is now having some improvements so there was some noise during the morning when you want to sleep, which wasnt very nice.

Thanks for the feedback! All the people who are staying at the hostel a bit longer are backpackers too - just like all our staff, and very friendly, so if you decide to return again we don't bite, come and say hello! The renovations are soon to be completed, and we are going to have an even better hostel soon, but we have discounted all the rooms to compensate for the noise which is during business hours (9:00-15:00).

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

I just spend there one night, before I started exploring the Highlands. For this purpose i do recommend this hostel. Its really close to the bus station and it was good for a night of sleep. If you want to spend more days in the city I think there are better alternatives.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Galileo Hostel

San Jose, Costa Rica

My review might not be very fair since I just spent there 1 night.The staff were hardly at the reception during the night (8 PM to 12 PM) and the bathrooms were very dirty.Taking a shower in there was not a pleasant experience. The bunk beds in the corridor are not a good idea.It feels like the hostel just wants to make money. A corridor is supposed to be a common area, not a dorm. When checking out i was asked to pay 100% of the price and not 90% (since i booked in HW). I wouldnt come back.

Ecohostel Andromeda

Gent, Belgium

Excellent experience. Very nice decoration and character. Would come back for sure.

HI - Almograve Youth Hostel

Vila Nova de Milfontes, Portugal

The only really bad thing about the hostel: the room was and smelled wet. Anyway it was a very pleasant stay. The breakfast was good, the location was close to the beach. The hostel was relaxing and perfect for a weekend away. Not a hostel for those who want to party hard, since both the small village of Almograve and the Hostel are in a calm and relaxing place. So... I will recommend this hostel for everyone who wants to relax. The price is very good for the service you get.

• 10th Sep 2010

Erasmus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

It is a cheap hostel, so dont expect very high standards of cleanliness. I didnt even use the kitchen because it was so dirty and unpleasant. Expect a really chilled atmosphere though. With a lot of interesting and fun people to meet. The location is awesome! It is not on the touristy zone, but still its very close to the main attractions. And, as a big plus, you can walk to Taksim, the party district (i believe there isn\'t any other hostel in Istanbul where you can do this). I would come back.

Thanks for staying with us Pedro, we look forward to seeing you again. We are working on making the place cleaner and I think you will find it much more so when you come again.

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

The hostel was nice. The staff was great. Ohrid is amazing. 100% happiness guaranteed :)

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Bosnia is amazing. Mostar is beautiful. As it wasnt enough, Majdas hospitality and sweetness just makes your trip experience even better. And Bata, her brother, will take you on the craziest tour ever! You got to do it! You will laugh, you will cry, you will learn and you will have great fun... Just beware that not everything is good about the experience: you will miss a lot Majda, Bata and all the new friends youve met at the hostel ;) Warm regards Bata and Majda!

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The family was very nice.

Hostel Belgrade The Duke

Belgrade, Serbia

Goran is the best tour guide in the town! Beware that you will have a crazy tour just specially thought... on your taste! :) Nadine and Sam were top. Thanks a lot for everything! We wont forget the barbecue at the river! Regards from the 3 of us.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Good value for the price. If I come back to Sofia this will be my choice for sure.

The Midland Youth Hostel 1

Bucharest, Romania

One of the best hostels I\'ve ever been. All the staff people was very nice and willing to help, and the owner even took us to meet the Bucharest night life. We went to Midland 2 which is also very good. Five stars.

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

I liked this hostel\'s character. The balconies are great. On the downside dont count too much on the Internet in there. Only 1 computer for so many guests is not enough. And the only computer is really old, slow and loud.

Chisinau Hostel

Chisinau, Moldova

I would say that better than this staff its impossible. The appartment is cosy and you will feel like at home. The best choice in Chisinau

A very simple but recommended place. The staff was really kind and helpful

Jetpak Jumpdesk

Berlin, Germany

If you go to Berlin, go to this Hostel! The main reason? There is Marty, the best host ever! Bathrooms and rooms are really clean. Good breakfast deals. Berlin is a great city.