Reviews: carolyn1009

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Atillas Getaway

Selcuk, Turkey

Had an amazing stay at Atilla's! The property is gorgeous, overlooking fields and hills. There is a pool that is very refreshing, with surrounding lounge chairs and nooks full of pillows under a roof that allow you to relax out of the sun. The food was phenomenal and they easily catered to my vegetarian diet. It really felt like a steal for two amazing meals and a bed at such a low price. The hostelworld price includes breakfast, but not dinner, but make sure to add it on!

Hostel Anzac House

Canakkale, Turkey

Great location - a two minute walk from where the bus drops you off at the ferry terminal. Stayed in a private that was clean. Bathrooms were also clean. No real socializing area and the lack of breakfast made it feel much more like a place to sleep than a hostel. The on site travel agency booked us a good tour of Troy.

• 1st May 2013

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great dorm rooms with lockers, privacy curtains, reading lights, bedside outlets, and pockets for storing books/water/glasses/anything next to the bed. Breakfast was great and on a beautiful rooftop terrace. The bathroom was very clean and there was plenty of hot water.

• 28th Apr 2013

Idre Hostel

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Not the greatest location - about a 20-30 minute walk to Sukhbaatar Square. The staff are extremely friendly and thoroughly clean the hostel every day. We did a Naadam festival tour with them which was ok - not the best organized tour ever, but our guide was really fun. Breakfast is toast and tea.

Happy Dragon Courtyard

Beijing, China

The staff were extremely friendly and happy to help, even getting up early to make sure we got a cab! It is a short walk away to a subway stop making it really easy to get around the city. It's air conditioned which was a glorious relief during the summer heat. Stayed in the dorm beds w/o private bathroom and was very pleased - the bottom bunks have curtains for privacy and everyone gets an individual locker with a key provided. However, the lockers are not large enough for all of your belongs.

Red Carabao Community

Manila, Philippines

When I stayed there I was one of only two staying in the hostel. Also, the owners were not around and so I could not get any information from anyone. Although it is a short walk from the LRT, the LRT doesn't take you everywhere in town and is awfully crowded. It's also a very long ride from the airport. The bathroom was not very clean. I received no breakfast while I was there.

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

I didn\'t spend much time here, but I had a pleasant experience. The hostel is in an excellent location and easy to find (only a one minute walk from the train station). The rooms were clean and so was the common area. Breakfast was fine - nothing amazing, but fililng. The bar seemed to be very lively when I checked in, but my room was quiet. My room had no locker, but you needed a key to access the floor and then to access the room. Overall it was a good hostel.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

The staff were friendly, however there were often long lineups. The rooms were clean, however our shower had mould. The breakfast food was not good and it was not included - just skip what they offer and buy a pastry from a bakery. The AC was nice as was the TV in our room.

Alice in Wonderland

Rome, Italy

The hostel was in an amazing building. The breakfast area overlooked a courtyard below and there were huge windows looking out over Rome. It is in between two metro stations, but is quite a distance out from most of the major tourist attractions. Breakfast is delicious, although it is only served starting at 9am so if you are a person who likes to get started early this is probably not the best place to stay to take advantage of the free food. We stayed in a private triple room that included a double bed and a cot. We had the key to our room and everyone staying was given a key into the building and the hostel\'s \"apartment.\" It was extremely quiet and the air conditioning was great. I would recommend it, although hesitantly as it so far out and is quite expensive.

Hostel Beauty

Rome, Italy

Close to the central station, although I managed to get lost trying to find the place in the dark. The rooms were large with no bunk beds, although there seemed to be only a single key for the rooms. I did not find it to be very secure. The man at the front desk was quite friendly and offered a lot of suggestions on what to see and do.

I didn\'t spend too much time at the hostel, however I liked most of what I saw. It\'s fairly close to the train station - about a 10 minute walk, however Wombat\'s The Lounge is much closer. The train station and the nearby hostels are not actually all that close to the city centre. You get a free \"shot\" of beer, a glass of wine or a glass of juice when you check in. There is luggage storage for checking in early or after you check out. The staff were quite friendly and the bar seemed very lively. My room and the ensuite bathroom were extremely clean and quiet even though it was noisy downstairs. I would definitely recommend.

The Lazy Falken Backpacker

Interlaken, Switzerland

We wanted one of the package deals that are advertised in the hostel description, but were told that you have to order those in advance. We pushed and the owner agreed to give one to us. If you want one of these deals, I would email in advance or else insist that you be given one. There are no lockers in the rooms. The rooms can be locked from the inside, preventing anyone from getting in from the outside. However, this creates problems as I was locked out of my room when my roommates went to be earlier than me. Very clean, and I had a TV in my room. The hostel is quite close to the train station, however at the moment you have to go through an area that is undergoing major construction to get to it. I got lost trying to find the hostel because I thought that there couldn\'t possibly be anything past the construction area. Also, FYI, the hostel has Hotel Falkon written on it, not The Lazy Falken.

This was an excellent hostel. The only downside is the location - it is about a 15 minute metro ride into the major tourist areas of the city. The breakfast consists of cereal, baguettes (with jam and butter), OJ, tea and coffee. It\'s pretty good, although not amazing. The staff are extremely friendly and do their best to accommodate you. I would definitely recommend this hostel. Also, I would recommend the Fat Tire nighttime bike tour. It was my favourite experience in Paris.

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

I didn\'t spend too much time at the hostel, however it was good for the one night I spent. There was no locker in my room, so you have to trust your roommates. The breakfast consists of cereal, croissants and baguettes. There is also free internet, although only four computers.

Jetpak Eco Lodge

Berlin, Germany

The hostel was exceptionally clean - it seemed I always saw someone cleaning. The staff were also extremely nice and happy to talk to you and provide recommendations on where to go and what to see. I rated the security as only average as there were no locks to the rooms and to get into the hostel all you needed was a password. The location was not very convenient - especially as there was a bus strike going on while I was there. Even with a bus running near the hostel, it was in the middle of nowhere. Also....I assumed that since this was so secluded it would at least be very quiet, but we had a bunch of people in our room who went out to the bars coming back very drunk and noisy in the night. So be warned that secluded doesn\'t always equal quiet.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had an excellent stay at Stayokay Vodelpark. Everything was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and I felt extremely confortable at the hostel. We also got an amazing rate when you consider everything included. The continental breakfast was an all you can eat continental buffet of everything you could possibly want. I would highly recommend staying here.

Bob's Youth Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is great. That is about the only good thing I can say about it. The sheets on the bed looked unclean. I was happy I had my own to use. When we got to the hostel early and wanted to leave our bags for the day before we checked in, we simply left them in a locker filled with other people\'s bags. We really relied on other people\'s honesty as anyone who had stored their bags their could have also taken our stuff. The breakfast consists of two pieces of toast, a hard boiled egg and tea. If you can, choose somewhere else.