Location: Portugal, Gender: Male, Age: 27

• 4th Jun 2014

• 25th May 2014

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

If it was for the staff I'd give 10 out of 10;unfortunately the facilities are old and run-down. Photos make it look better than it is. Toilets were scarce, not tremendously clean and to top it up, our room (two bunk beds) had an adjacent fire door escape and no outside door lock - in case of fire, people were supposed to go through our room - am I the only one finding this outrageous?It wasn't expensive but I've paid less for better hostels in Western Europe, where everything is more expensive.

• 24th May 2014

Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

What really stood out was the atmosphere. As our stay at this hostel was very short and we were full of plans we didn't really have the chance to enjoy it, but if you want to have fun in Rio, this one definitely seems to be a good place to stay.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Portugal

Very close to the Paraty town centre by a easy walkable distance. It's an average hostel that met the expectations.

• 14th Sep 2013

Okupe Hostel - Jardins

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The facilities are very good for an hostel. We only stayed there one night though we got a good impression about everything else. I'd definitely recommend it without blinking.

• 13th Sep 2013

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

I can ensure you that you will hardly get more helpful staff than these people. We could see that the owner was very caring about his hostel and its reviews. If you're looking for a place to stay in Salvador's historical centre, this definitely seems the place to be, especially if you don't speak Portuguese. Practical and simple advice: don't use plastic cups. It accumulates more bacteria than glass and it completely spoils the taste of drinks with plastic smell (gets more intense with washing)

• 10th Sep 2013

Manga Hostel Lapa – Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It had a great decor but a closer look couldn't hide the holes.When I say holes I really mean the cracks and holes in the old windows in our room, directly facing the main street.Thus,we had a rich experience with a breeze of fresh air, insects, and the marvellous urban sounds all night long(yeah baby!). It's great to breathe the pollution, to hear the car engines,the sirens,the locals talking and yelling.So many experiences for an hostel,it had all the ingredients we needed for a peasant sleep.

• 8th Sep 2013

Residencial Terminus

Lisbon, Portugal

It certainly was of good standards 30 years ago, the problem is that almost nothing there seems to have changed since then. This place seems to be stuck in time, and the smell stuck into it doesn't lie. The only reason I stayed there was because it's very close to airport and we had to wait for a connection flight the next morning. Wouldn't choose it for holiday, it would be too creepy. Some refurbishments would make it top-notch though.

• 7th Sep 2013

People Hostel Sintra

Sintra, Portugal

The bathrooms could be more presentable in terms cleanliness... Also the staff wasn't helpful at all, the guy seem to be there only to receive money and give us the keys (it was even up to us to sort out which key belonged to each door). I is a good value for money though because it's very cheap.

• 20th Jul 2013

Barcelona 4 Fun Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

It had everything we needed. If it could be better? Yes, but that would probably reflect on the price as well. It seems that the rooms are spread out in different buildings, therefore there might be differences between the rooms/flats. Our room was a large en-suite private room with air con, fridge, extra bed and tv. From my experience I would definitely recommend it but if you're looking for fun in the Barcelona 4 Fun Hostel you won't find it. It was a good room in a quiet flat.

• 13th Jul 2013

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

• 27th Apr 2013

Hostel Gamla Stan

Stockholm, Sweden

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

The room was very small but overall it was OK.

• 20th Oct 2012

Friend House Hostel

Rome, Italy

The staff's helpfull. The location isn't central though isn't that far and is close to the transports (train/metro). Average place but can't really complain about anything.

• 5th Sep 2012

Palazzo Buonaccorsi

San Gimignano, Italy

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

It's absolutely one of the best I've ever stayed in. The character's absolutely appropriate for a hostel in a city like Florence. The private rooms are great and fully equipped with everything (and I really mean everything). For a lot of people who run hostels, the word hostel is synonimous of easy profit with old/careless places, not this, this is a high quality one. You can notice that the people who run this place really care about their guests and make a good effort to provide a good service

• 31st Aug 2012

Viadeibanchi

Cinque Terre, Italy

It was a pleasant stay. I'd recommend it.

• 29th Aug 2012

B&B Ariel

Verona, Italy

Equity Point Lisboa

Lisbon, Portugal

Overall good hostel! So far the best I've seen in England.

• 9th Jun 2012
  • Portugal

We do aim to please! You could check out our other hostels from Manchester and Liverpool for an equally good experience :D

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Overall good hostel! One of the best I've ever stayed.

• 2nd Jun 2012

Liverpool International Inn

Liverpool, England

We could notice that the sheets hadn't been changed because the bed was full of hair and something which seemed a very little blood spot, at least it was red, since it was on a (clearly) used sheet we assumed it was blood. It seems that someone isn't doing their job properly... Because we were so tired we decided not to demand another sheet and we managed to sleep without it. Apart from that I have nothing else negative to say about this hostel.

• 6th May 2012

YHA Manchester

Manchester, England

West Two London

Everything's old, careless and disgustingly dirty. The sheets and pillows were dirty and were never changed in the 8 nights. There are few bathrooms, each 1 has only 1 tub bath, so expect long queues with long waiting times to go to the bathroom. Also there's no mirrors in bathrooms and don't expect to fit in some of the tub baths unless you're a child or a midget. We were in complete darkness for 2 nights because they didn't have any extra light bulbs and didn't even bothered. It ruined my stay

• 3rd Apr 2012

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The room had a lot of dust. In spite of that it was the best hostel i've ever been

Passenger Ship Avanti

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent staff and pretty good for the cheapest/closest hostel of amsterdam that i found. I recommend

Best choice for a cheap stay in Paris.