Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 65

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

My mistake of booking this hostel because I was 'too old' was allowed as long as I would not complain about noisey residents. When I arrived I was checked in my very helpful young man who took my bag to the room and made sure I had a low bunk. Although the FREE WiFi was slow I did not need to pay extra to read my emails. The quiet, 4 bed shared room was clean, comfortable and complete with ensuite bathroom. A FREE Conental Breakfast in the clean kitchen downstairs was fine. LOCATION GREAT

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! :) Thank you so much for the great review!

YHA London St Pauls

This was my second visit to the YHA St. Paul's which is an ideal location if you are visiting at the Barbican, The Globe which is just across the Millennium Bridge next to the Tate Modern. Also it is a pleasant walk along the south embankment to the Queen Elizabeth Hall, the National Theatre and the London Eye. My only problem was that when I tried to book online with the NYA I could not so I booked through Hostelworld who charged me the deposit in $. Then my bank then charged me an extra £7.50

• 10th Sep 2013

Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

Although the camp site was good there was a noisy road running by the tents which drowned the sound of the dawn chorus by 6:30 and continued until late at night. They charge for WiFi, their food was expensive and they only had 3 plugs available to charge phones, laptops or cameras which was not acceptable. However when I left I found a very cheap Lidl store close by and the bus to Venice ran from outside the camp site. If they put in solar lighting along the paths it might be safer.

• 25th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

The location of this hostel makes it a fantastic place to stay if you want to visit Pisa. I flew Ryan Air from Bournemouth and found the hostel was a short walk from the train station which is a short train ride from Pisa Airport. Free WiFi and a kitchen to prepare food makes up for not having inclusive breakfasts. As Pizza for 1.50 Euros is available almost everywhere and the Italian food is so good just eat local. Shops til you drop or climb the leaning tower. Everythiing is nearby. Great

• 22nd May 2013

YHA London St Pauls

Great location for St. Pauls, the City of London and the Barbican where I wanted to go. However the hostel needs to put up more signs to ensure that you do not have to drag your bags around trying to find your doorm or the exit to the reception area. When I followed the EXITS signs I would have set off the fire alarms if I had not stopped. It was a pity that they would not let me renew my YHA membership and get a discount on the booking. You have to pay for Internet access.

• 13th Mar 2013

Cityhostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

FREE WiFi, FREE Breakfast and FREE linen included in the price. The staff were all so helpful which is always a plus. This hostel is located close to the Topography of Terror Museum and Library. As I wanted to do research there the Cityhostel Berlin was the best value. Even though it may not have come out high on my ratings the three things that were important were available FREE. This made the toliets and showers down the corridore and being away from the action much more acceptable.

• 10th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

If you want an early start for a train trip from the Main Train station this is the place to stay. Free towels, sheets and Wifi in the lobby. Good buffett breakfast if you pay for it and quite a lot of interesting people stay here too. London to Köln Hbf from 5 hours 14 minutes and 89€ Köln Hb to Berlin Hbf from 4 hours 23 minutes and 89€ http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

• 3rd Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Dear Alison Hunt, we want to thank you for your comment and we hope to see you back soon in one of our MEININGER Hotels in europe. Kind regards, your MEININGER-Staff

This is a fantastic place to stay if you want to do the Museum Island. The street where it is seems safe and is very close to the Berlin Friedrichstrasse Station. I have stayed here before and I like the rooms that have beds instead of bunk beds. Also I prefer the women only rooms. They charge for breakfast, sheets and towels but sometimes the WIFi works and is free.

• 1st Jun 2012

MEININGER Berlin Airport

Berlin, Germany

The only problem was that the trains had stopped on the night of the arrival so had their courtesy bus service. Also the Brandenburg Airport had not opened on time. This hostel is located close to the new airport and there will be buses direct to the hostel. Also there are several out of town shops including a huge DIY.

• 30th May 2012

• 25th Nov 2010

YHA London Holland Park

The Holland House YHA is in a great location for the museums and Kensington. Also it is quite close to Olympia Exhibition Halls. It is a pity that they do not offer free WiFi instead of charging too much. When it gets dark at night I often prefer to stay inside and go online but I am not prepared to pay for it.

• 8th Sep 2010

Anwar House

When I arrived they claimed that I my Hostel World booking had not been recieved. The gentleman on the desk suggested he could give me my deposit back and that I should look for another hostel. As it was about 6pm on Saturday I said that was not acceptable so he asked me to come back in 2 hours and see if another room booking had become a no show. When I returned the lady on duty gave me a study room number 3 downstairs in the basement. At least I had my own toilet, shower and TV. The very ti

The Court Hostel

The staff were helpful and the room mates I shared with very pleasant. It was not as close the Ibis Earls Court as I thought. This was a problem because I had meetings there. Also there was not anywhere to sit with your laptop except the floor unless you could use the common room. That closed at 11pm.

BackpackerBerlin

Berlin, Germany

Close to all the museums in Berlin and one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at.

• 8th Feb 2010

Smart Russell Square

They advertised Wi Fi but it was not working then they wanted to charge far too much for internet access. Hardly any of the computers were used so I was not the only person to think that they were charging too much. More hooks and mirrors are needed especially in the female dorms and shower rooms. Showers were warm and powerful enough for me - but where to put my stuff? Great privacy screens in the bunks. What was fantastic was the Location as I wanted to visit the British Museum.

Smart Russell Square

Great place to stay if you are visiting the British Museum.

• 5th Mar 2009
  • Globetrotter

The MEININGER City Hostel is part of the MEININGER Hotel Hallesches Ufer but it is not half as much fun and only worth going to if you want a quiet little party with your own group of people. I will go back to the MEININGER Hotel Hallesches Ufer but not the City Hostel. Breakfast now costs €3.

Berlin Boutique Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Free breakfast, towels, linen and Wifi Internet. Clean, light and fresh new hostel which has the M19 bus stop right outside. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. Although the Schwukes Museum is closest to the hotel the large Deutsches Technickmuseum and the Jewish museum are within walking distance too.

Generator Hostel London

Lotgo ing on and the staff were very helpful but crowded entrance was a problem. Had to pay for Wi Fi Internet access using my own computer at £1.50 per hour when others do not charge. I shared my 4 bed female dorm with 3 interesting young ladies which made up for the fact that a male employer walked into check the female toilets when I was in the shower. He never even picked up the mess that I told him about so I think they need to change their cleaning policy.

YHA London Holland Park

The staff did not answer the 24 hour phone line. So I spent too much time walking round with my bags until I found someone who knew where the place was. Now I know I might use the hostel again if I want to visit all the museums or Kensington. Breakfast was free and good.

Although I may not have given this hostel a great rating report it is in a good spot for the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin and the Jewish Museum. Also I met two great people there and rather liked the paintings on the wall in the breakfast room. Cheap, clean and efficent. http://www.dtmb.de/index_en.html http://www.juedisches-museum-berlin.de/site/EN/homepage.php?meta=TRUE

Free wireless Internet. Very close to the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin and Jewish makes this a great place for people visiting them.

I think that even my daughter would stay here without complaining.

They had Pink Floyd playing when I arrived. They had free Wi Fi internet when it was working which is always a plus for me. Most of the time they had great music in the reception area. Help yourself breakfast buffet served until 10a.m. As I went for a live show recording at the BBC in Shepherds Bush this was a great location but a bit far out of the city centre for other reasons.

FOR - This seemed to be the most modern and tidy Hostel that I have stayed in for a while. There is a fantastic 6 floor Atr gallery nearby. They have a very goog luggage room with keys to lock up youur bags. The Friedrichstrasse train station is very close.