Reviews: breretonpeter1985

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

Nice, clean dorms and the Grand Place is literally right next door - can't complain about the hostel at all really. However, it needs to be a bit clearer that check-in is done a good 15-minute walk away.

Ace York

York, England

Nice building but the basement room was really dark with no natural light coming in. The shower wasn't great in the morning either, just slightly too cold on a day when the snow was falling outside.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

I had a great time staying here, the rooms were always spotless thanks to Yvonne and her hard-working friends, the staff downstairs in the bar were great too, really friendly and always happy to help. Lovely warm rooms, great showers, and you get a discount on the good food downstairs too. Only problem was maybe the lack of lockers in the rooms - could help security. If I'm ever in York again, I'll be back.

It's great to hear you will be back sometime, we look forward to it! The Fort is undergoing an extension which will be completed in May, providing us with an additional three 8-bed dormitories and a large communal lounge with kitchen. This extended area will also include a luggage storage with lockers which will solve the problem you have just mentioned! Thanks for appreciating our efforts, and our hard-working Yvonne thanks you as well.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Great place to stay, staff are so friendly and helpful. Spotlessly clean and lovely and warm inside despite the awful weather that week! I was on a training course but the hostel was so quiet during the week (although I have no doubt it perks up at the weekend!) and allowed me plenty of peace and quiet.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for your lovely comments. We endeavour to provide friendly and efficient customer service to all guests and the hostel cleaners do a fantastic job at maintaining very high standards in each room. The hostel tends to be quieter during the week, allowing for more space and relaxation for independent travellers and couples. On the weekends it definitely perks up as does York with all its bars, restaurants, attractions and things to do. Please visit us again soon!

Enjoyss

San Sebastian, Spain

Great place, great location, the Dutch girl on reception was lovely, really friendly. Will definitely stay again next time I get to San Seb!

• 10th Mar 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Great place to stay, staff were really friendly and helpful, rooms were nice and clean. I won't be staying anywhere else in Bilbao from now on.

• 9th Mar 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Youth Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Rooms Deny

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Deny was great, took us on a full-day trip and made sure that he picked us up and dropped us off at the bus/train station even though it was early. The hostel is in a great location, only 5 minutes from the Old Town and was clean and quiet. I'd definitely recommend it.

Hostel Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Too far from the city to be called "Hostel Dubrovnik", and the bus is unreliable.For me,they only arrived 20 mins late but others said that a couple of their friends almost missed their flight due to the shuttle bus leaving much later than they'd asked.The driver also made calls and texted while driving. The shower was also freezing, but when I mentioned it to a roommate, he said it had been like that all week, although the staff never mentioned this to me when I checked in.Not really worth it.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great place, fantastic people, super location - I'd definitely recommend it, and I'll be visiting there again! Thank you guys!

Corner Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I only stayed one night and arrived at 1am but the woman at reception was great, really friendly, spoke great English and was really helpful. 24h reception is great, really useful and hostel was clean, quiet, and fairly easy to get to from Schoenefeld airport.

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Was slightly concerned due to the negative reviews but I had a great time, met some interesting people and didn't spend a fortune in Oslo, which makes a change. Was impressed enough to book up for another night a week later when I returned to Oslo. Linen (50 NOK) was clean and towels were free to rent too. Snoring guy in my dorm? Not the hostel's fault!

Wake Up! Sydney Central

Sydney, Australia

The place to stay in Sydney. Great atmosphere, great city, great times.

Hotel Bilbi

Bilbao, Spain

Told by taxi driver that the area was filled with "loco" people, and to watch out. Bathroom wasn´t brilliant either but cheap and not far to town