Hostal Yakumama

Cuenca, Ecuador

This is a wonderful hostel. It has a great location for tourism around Cuenca, and is very clean. The beds were particularly comfortable, and we loved hanging out in the garden with the cats.

• 7th Jul 2014

This hostel was fantastic! It seemed to achieve a great balance of having a fun and friendly atmosphere while still being immaculately clean, and nice and quiet to sleep. The staff were amazing, and could not have been more helpful, especially when I was sick and had questions about medical services in town. All of them really seemed to go above and beyond to be kind and helpful. There are multiple places to relax, and you can book tours and bus tickets directly for reasonable prices. Loved it!

• 9th May 2014

This hostel was generally pretty good. The beds were nice and warm as were the showers. It definitely felt very over priced however. What was truly frustrating however is that despite being extremely expensive they wanted to charge us an extra 15B´s each to spend any time in the hostel after we checked in the morning while waiting for our night bus. I have been backpacking for the past eight months and have never been charged to just hang out in the common area and watch some television.

• 3rd May 2014

7 Patas Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

I have been travelling in SA for eight months and this is one of my favourite hostels. Comfortable beds, plenty of space to hang out, a nice large kitchen, hot showers and friendly staff!

• 30th Apr 2014

7 Patas Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

I greatly enjoyed my stay at 7 Patas! It had a great location, helpful, friendly staff, and consistantly hot showers. It also had lots of nice places to hang out, enjoy the sun or watch some television. The best part about this hostel though was definitely the kitchen. It was well stocked, large and the staff did a proper clean of it everyday, so it never got too gross. Definitely recommended!

• 20th Apr 2014

I had a really wonderful stay at this hostel! It had a wonderfully laid back vibe, and was a fun place to spend time while still being nice and quiet at night. The rooms were clean and had nice homey touches to them. The staff were very helpful and hospitable. It was so nice to have a small outdoor kitchen to use as well as the hostal serving meals. Breakfasts were especially great. They have nine different choices, the most expensive being under ten soles. I loved my stay here! Highly recommend

• 30th Nov 2013

Hostal Transilvania

Banos, Ecuador

I greatly enjoyed my stay at this hostel! I found it to be great value for the cost, especially with the included breakfast (where you get a choice of three different items) and computers with internet access. I also really appreciated that this hostel had a commitment to promoting environmental mindfulness, and had a recycling facilities, composting, and stickers reminding people to turn off the lights etc.

• 10th Sep 2013

Iguana Backpackers

Montanita, Ecuador

While we at Iguana they were in the middle of major renovations. This was never communicated to us. The water got turned off, and the showers and toilets were unavailable for large parts of the day. The worst part was that the manager first tried to charge us full price despite the fact we had already paid a deposit on hostel world. She then refused to refund our five dollar key deposit because she had failed to write it down. Do not stay here! if you do get a receipt for your key deposit!

• 2nd Sep 2013

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

I greatly enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It is a little pricer than others in Quito, but the gorgeous roof top terrace make it well worth the money. It was impeccibly clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the free walking tour and consult with a tour guide. The only downside was there was no kitchen or laundry usage for patrons.

• 27th Aug 2013