Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Can't understand why this is top rated! Messed up our booking and refused to refund the deposit or give us the correct rooms. Our group of 4 ended up in an 8 bed when we booked a 4 bed for privacy - CALL TO CHECK IF YOU STAY HERE. Ended up moving to another hotel. Unclean and unhelpful staff. The key also has to be charged daily at varying times or you can't get in

Le Cirque Hostel

Lille, France

Very nice and well-designed room. There was a mix-up with beds, and confusion as to who slept where. But this was sorted in the end. 2 showers to 15 people - this is do-able and pretty standard. Beds are comfty and you have a curtain which is nice. It's also very close to the metro and market on a sunday.

Brazen Backpackers

It was fine for a 1 night stopover. Really close to edgeware rd - exit, turn left

Guest House São Filipe

Faro, Portugal

Really nice hostel with unique architecture. It's on the Green metro line with great connections to the city and views of the river. The staff were chilled and friendly. Amazing kitchen with everything. Dislike: There was only 1 computer - some kind of time limit would have been good. 1 girl used it to watch movies! I also felt sometimes like I was pushed to go on trips when I wanted to explore alone. Also worth knowing the pool is closed off season.

Astor Victoria

Fab hostel. No curfew. Nice staff. Let me stay even though I forgot my official documents and the fact we checked out after a night out wasn't an issue. :) Fab location too.

All In Hostel/Hotel

Berlin, Germany

Overall a nice, safe hostel. But an accessable kitchen would have been nice. The beds are comfortable.

Berlin, Germany

Very nice. Cleaned regularly, nice showers (although a little slippery), free internet, a pool table downstairs...easy access by metro. Lovely staff.

Hostel Skippy

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Very cute and cosy hostel next to the river. The perfect base for doing outdoor pursuits and returning for a good nights sleep. 2 adorable dogs live there: they are friendly, well behaved and stay out of the bedrooms. The only downside is that the kitchen and balcony are locked at 10pm. I would stay there again.

Why Not? Chillout Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

Friendly staff. Nice decorations. A little annoying that we had to change rooms but overall good.

Hostel Kiev Backpackers

Kiev, Ukraine

Directions make it seem harder to get to than it is - it's actually nextdoor to the mcdonalds. The common room is off limits sometimes which makes it seem a little cold. Staff are nice but not so warm.

Really nice, helpful staff - even helped us with buying tickets. Right between train station and town. Nice but smelly cat. Breakfast was nice.

Premium Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Easy to find. Open 24hrs. Nice staff/ Near to everything. Cosy breakfast. Not rowdy. Catering for your every need. Comfortable rooms. Would recommend. =)

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Highly recommended. Not far from either train station or main sights. Staff go out of their way to help you. Not a party hostel so you'll get a good nights sleep. I arrived late and they left the details out for me. One thing - kitchen = microwave and space to prepare food but that's fine for a few days. I'd stay here again - it's well worth the cost. =)

AlpLodge / BackPackers Interlaken

Interlaken, Switzerland

Brilliant hostel. Easy to find, nice showers, comfty bed, not a party hostel. Just consider that Switzerland is expensive and there\'s no kitchen. Other than that comes reccomended.

Chili Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The kitchen was in shoddy condition (due to other guests). Other than that it was a great hostel with lockers, nice showers, comfty bed and a healthy night life. But if you want to sleep - ear plugs reccomended.

Stayokay Arnhem

Arnhem, Netherlands

Could do with better directions. Lovely clean room, friendly staff, nice breakfast. Off the beaten track - some German tourists used it on a cycle trip so I guess it\'s good for that.