Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Feels like a modern hotel room, very clean. The common area lacks charm, and feels more like a high school cafeteria. Could use more ambience, but that's a minor complaint. Also, breakfasts are not included, which I thought was a bit tacky. Overall, I would recommend this hostel, but next time, I will try to find one closer to the city center.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Convenient location for tourist stuff, and love that the ground floor is a pub! Very cosy place with friendly staff, yummy breakfast, free soda and discounted drinks for hostel guests. Rooms are standard hostel fare, lockers and locks are provided for 5 pound deposit, as are power adapters. Overall, I highly recommend this hostel. Kudos!

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Fun place but kind of pricey. The receptionist was unfriendly and he intentionally ripped me off by ignoring my booking fee from hostel world and charging me the full price as though I had not booked online. The bar scene is a lot of fun but you don't need to stay at this hostel to enjoy it. I'd recommend the student hostel down the street. It's only 15 eu instead of 23 a night. Just my two cents!