B&B Le Gite Del Sol

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

After staying in a very lively Hostel in Oaxaca, a nice few days staying here was just what I needed. My own room, a bit of privacy, some great breakfasts and in a one stop shop for booking buses and tours. The tour I booked from the hostel to the local villages couldn't have been better. The guide had great English and took his time to carefully explain things in both English and Spanish, as well as had a good rapport with the villagers we met.

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

I really enjoyed my stay here, and their message board always has keep you informed about the best things happening in town. The staff are really friendly and small touches like an mp3 lead you can plug into on the terrace, and a water filter to safely refill your bottles, just add to an already flawless experience.

Smart Russell Square

Been ages since I stayed here. It used to be my centrally located place to crash when I was working in London. Nice to see some of the same staff, and the curtains on the beds really make it feel like you have your own privacy, despite having many people in some rooms.

First the bad news... I had to change rooms after the first night even tough I'd booked months ahead and the cocktail specials on Tuesdays was only for ladies, even though a sign said otherwise. The good news.....everything else was perfect. Amazing hostel and staff. Near perfection. Merci!

Smart Russell Square

I stayed after a work christmas party. I arrived after having head butting the pavement. They really looked after me even though I was very worse for wear and even gave me a plaster for my nasty graze. Thanks guys, I owe you one!

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

They nearly ran out of toilet roll one day. But that is the only thing I could find fault with. Greg and Tom must have Phd's in running hostels.

Hootananny Hostel

Great place to stay if you want to watch the bands. Met so many nice people at the pub. Will stay again if only to explore Brixton.

Smart Russell Square

Very central, and although some of the rooms have many beds, each bed has a privacy curtain which is a great idea. If you want a social base with a party atmosphere and bar then this may not be for you. For a good night sleep with a free breakfast for £10 on some weekday nights, I think this is value that would be hard to beat in most european cities.

Hootananny Hostel

If you want a lively hostel with the most eclectic bands in a cool pub just downstairs, and don't mind partying till three in one of the edgiest parts of London, then I can recommend this hostel. I will try and stay there for more than one night next time. Keep rocking Hooters!

Smart Russell Square

Stayed one night to enjoy London's pubs with a local mate. Great location, although no hostel activities to join in with. Loving the Japanese style cabin bunk beds. Will definitely stay again....

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I will never forget my first few days in Bangkok. The start of a six month adventure, and I couldn't imagine it being better. Great staff who enjoy showing you the best nightlife too. Try to use the bathroom on the top floor as it's superb. Great street food outside and a genuine thai feel to the area + the airport bus drops you outside a cool temple.