Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Amazingly helpful and friendly staff.. One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Fun atmosphere, great food and clean with all the facilities u could possibly need.. I've already recommended Wada hostel to my friends

• 5th May 2014

Amazing and authentic Chinese hostel with a great atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff.. Near metro making it easy to get to any attraction.. Very clean.. Will definitely be stating here again!

• 21st Apr 2014

Lazy Gaga Hostel

Guangzhou, China

Really great hostel! I've backpacked for many years and this is definitely the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff had good English and were extremely helpful and friendly. Wonderful fun atmosphere! I will definitely be back to Lazy Gaga's again soon.

• 11th Apr 2014

Thank you Donna. We didn't realise that you've backpacked for that long. Tell us more about your stories next time we meet.

Hi everyone! I'm afraid I've not got a very good report about Piccadilli Hostel. Staff were really rude. Within the space of 4 hours we were moved to 4 different rooms. 1st room- had no sockets. 2nd room- we popped out to get some food, when we returned the room was cleared out, beds had been dismantled, all furniture removed and all our belongings were gone. There were 2 lads painting the walls. Worst part was that nobody knew where our stuff was. Quite worrying. When I demanded to know where our stuff was one of the receptionist gave a look that could kill..... I dunno most people would understand my concern that I didn't know where my stuff was or if i was gonna be getting it back... Anyway sometime later we found out that someone had moved our personal belongings to a different room. I don't know about you but I think this is completely unacceptable, nobody should touch anybody else's stuff for any reason whatsoever.... 3rd room- We had the pleasure of being there for 5mins when we were asked to leave because -you won't believe this- theres an infestation of BEDBUGS. However on leaving the room another group was moving in. Australian dude, who works there, had nothing to say about this no apology, nothing. We were being kicked out to let them in. I mean we're all paying customers. Not sure if there was bed bugs lets just say i wouldn't be surprised if there was..... 4th room- Had grafetti on all over the walls... A bit of a mess really not much more to say about it..... Ok so that was the 1st four hours. The breakfast is a bargain at £2 but the kitchen didn't look the cleanest so we ate out (I'm a fussy eater).... The only thing this place has going for it is its location.. It's in a great spot... So if you don't mind rude staff, dirty toilets/showers, bed bugs etc... then this might be the place for you... Good facilities for accessing the internet, plenty of computers... I've stayed in plenty of hostels and for budget accommodation I don't expect anything but basic standards... Basic standards of customer service and cleanliness in particular... Unfortunately didn't find that here.... Still managed to enjoy the trip. London is brilliant and for anyone that has never been there you're gonna love it!!!!!!... Had such a great time (outside the hostel) Defo go see a show!!!!