Che Lagarto Hostel Natal

Natal, Brazil

Great friendly helpful staff.

HI Albergue de Olinda

Olinda, Brazil

Staff don't all speak English. The woman who is in charge of breakfast became upset with me for entering the kitchen which seems to be her territory even though there were no signs posted. The bathroom door in my room would stick closed and there's no handle on the door so after several moment of panic I had to lie on the floor and pry the door open by sliding my fingers under the crack of the door. The room was fan only but the fan spins so loudly and violently we were afraid to use it.

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

Best breakfast I've had at a hostel in Brazil. Thick fresh juices and eggs amongst other things!

The rooms are very crowded and the bathrooms are the smallest I've ever seen in Brazil. (i.e. the shower is nearly above the toilet.) There are no lockers in the rooms nor any cubbies or anywhere to stow your belongings. The only lockers are in a dingy unlit deadend hallway...kinda sketchy.

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Great per kilo buffet! Good atmosphere. There was a cat that would wander in the rooms and curl up on my pillow or on clothes on my bed - bad for allergies. Staff was helpful, though not always easy to find someone who speaks English in the daytime...

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great hostel, very close to the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

The staff was excellent, and pub crawls were a good way to meet people. One downside - they charge extra tax on the bill so the rate posted on hostel world is lower than what they will actually charge you.

Greetings, Thank you for your review. We are stoked that you enjoyed our neighborhood pub crawl and staff. I am sorry about the confusion with the tax. We send out an confirmation email to notify guests that the tax not listed on third party sites to reduce the element of suprise at check in. We hope to see you again in the future! Cheers, Jason Schultz General Manager

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

Great advice from staff about places to eat. Very helpful!

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great shared bathrooms!

Indraprastha Home Stay

Ubud, Indonesia

We were so impressed with this hotel! The pictures don't do it justice - the room we had was the more expensive double, but it was definitely worth it. Our room was huge with really high ceilings, a little kitchenette, and breakfast was delivered to our private balcony overlooking a pond and rice fields. The staff was helpful, they had maps of the city and gave great recommendations on where to eat and what to see. This was the best place we stayed while in Indonesia; highly recommended!

Akinabalu Youth Hostel

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

"Breakfast" was either white bread or instant noodles (but that's pretty typical for other hostels in the area). One of the staff tried to sell us a packaged tour to hike around the trails of Kinabalu for the day saying that if we took the bus there we wouldn't be able to find a bus to take us back. We ignored her advice, got a bus to there and back no problem. There were actually 2 busses waiting at the base of the mountain when we were ready to leave. Great location.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Good hostel, very clean. Plentiful breakfast, helpful staff. In the mornings barely any water in the shower, wifi stopped working for the last 24 hours.

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. Friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast and dinner, I met great people and it was so clean!

The Jerusalem Hostel

Jerusalem, Israel

staff were generally harried and rude. No time for explanations.