• Australia, Couple, 31-40
Hostel Lao, Mendoza, Argentina
28th Jun 2016

We had a pleasant stay at hostel Loa. The owners are lovely and made us feel so welcome and at home. Michael even helped me to find a doctor and we loved our chats with Celeste. Our room was lovely if a little small and the common areas were delightful. I miss Margarita every day. The staff really go out of their way to help you and give you information on things to do in Mendoza. The breakfast was great. We highly recommend this hostel.

14th Dec 2015

Great hostel. Clean, great common area, good WiFi and friendly staff. Only downside is it's a bit noisy

Sheebang Hostel, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
9th Dec 2015

I really liked this hostel. I had a single room with air con and it was clean and comfortable with complimentary towels. The common area was lovely and the bar was open 24hrs with reasonably priced drinks and good food. The staff were helpful I'm arranging tours and transfers to elnido and airport.

Frendz Resort Boracay, Boracay Island, Philippines
7.7
4th Dec 2015

I had a great time here. The pasta night was especially fun. Great place to meet people and close to the beach. They arranged pick up from the airport which was appreciated. My only negative thing was that they placed me in the sister hotel as although I was booked, they were full and there was only one key between five of us which meant if we we're in the room and the others were not we needed to keep the door unlocked which isn't that safe.

Hostel Orquideas, Cancun, Mexico
4.0
2nd Jul 2014

We didn't end up staying here. The 8 bed dorm was so small there wasn't enough room for our bags. The bathroom was dirty. Pillows looked like tissues. Common space was dirty as well. it didn't even have a locked gate or locks on the rooms. It's cheap but I really didn't like the look of it. We paid for two nights but ended up going roundthe corner to hotel Moloch which has very nice rooms for around 500 pesos.

Mama's Home, Tulum, Mexico
24th Jun 2014

This hostel is lovely and Jose is such a nice guy. They do need to change their directions though as I walked around for 30 mins in the hot sun looking for the hostel. It says turn right three blocks after the big square but it's actually only 2 blocks and would be more descriptive to say turn right at the farmacia. The private room was beautiful, hotel quality but the bed was hard as a board and the air con ineffectual. I enjoyed the breakfast.

Posada del Abuelito, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
16th Jun 2014

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and the gardens are gorgeous. Nice hot showers. This hostel is lovely, highly recommended!

Casa Angel Youth Hostel, Oaxaca, Mexico
11th Jun 2014

I cannot fault this hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed in.

Suites DF Hostel, Mexico City, Mexico
6.3
8th Jun 2014

The shower was bad, too hot and then too cold. The TV in our room didnt work and the staff didnt fix it when we told them about it. We arrived really early and although we understood that the room wasnt ready, it would have been nice if they had offered that we could stay in the common area, I had to ask if this was ok. Several of the staff were really helpful but some of them were not at all. Would not reccomend. It is also not that close to nice places and just one street away lot prostitutes.

Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
6th Aug 2013

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Loved Mummas dinners! Hotel qaulity at hostel price.

Lisbon Old Town Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
6.6
1st Aug 2013

Its very noisy. Don't stay here if you expect to sleep. Bathroom was dirty, no ventilation.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
7.4
21st Jun 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Room was nice but small. Location is not that great, very far uptown, not much vibe. Staff were very friendly.

Hostel Lodi, Rome, Italy
15th Jun 2012

The staff were friendly. The room was small but clean and had a nice view. It was very noisy and hot but the staff moved us to a room away from the road and ge us a fan to keep cool and we were more than satisfied. In fact, I am already booked to stay there again when I go back to Rome.

• England,
36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
20th Nov 2009

Good location, cheap and lots of character.

• Australia,
Chili Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
7.0
16th Aug 2009

The girl working on the desk was unfriendly and made us feel unwelcome. We asked if we could go to our rooms and drop off our bags before going to the Atm to get money and pay and she refused this simple request and flatly told us we had to pay immediately. Otherwise the hostel is in a great location and the room was quiet. The kitchen was ok but did not have any spoons, probably because they want you to buy the breakfast provided there. Bring your own spoons and bottle opener.

• Australia,
Makuto Backpackers Hostel, Granada, Spain
20th Oct 2007

Beautiful and relaxing setting! The staff were excellent and friendly and made great Sangria. We will reccommend you to our friends.