Location: Finland, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Khammany Inn Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

My stay wasn't success at all. First night I got bitten by bedbugs and during the night some one stole my shoes. These things happen, but I was more upset about the way staff handled them. They had no interest in either of cases. Place wasn't clean at all, shower wasn't cleaned for two days, room was filthy and same with breakfast area. Here is lot to do make it nice hostel.

• 12th Aug 2014

Little Hanoi Diamond

Hanoi, Vietnam

Staff was great and they made me feel very welcome. Breakfast was excellent with many options and drinks and fruits were available all day in the lobby. It was so good, that I made another booking later.

• 8th Aug 2014

Ganesha Riverside Eco Resort

Kampot, Cambodia

Ganesha was everything I was looking for on my trip. The setting middle of the rice fields were perfect. It is off from town, but you can make it easily to Kampot and near by attractions. Food in the restaurant was excellent, there is no need to go anywhere else for dinner. And staff was extremely helpful in all possible ways. Little let down was loudish music in the evening from common area. That probably won't effect if you're staying in one of the bungalows, but my room was just upstairs.

• 25th Jul 2014

Lovely Jubbly Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I loved this hostel and return there again. Staff is outstanding, they do everything to help you and make you feel welcome. Staff is already good reason to return fo this hostel. But there is great atmosphere too and rooms were comfortable. First I had 4-shared dorm with ensuite, no window, but very nice and clean room. Another stay I had 6-shared dorm and it wasn't as nice. Toilet outside of the room and bathroom was shared with other dorm room. No elevator, its long way to 3rd floor.

• 13th Jul 2014

Dalat Smile

Da Lat, Vietnam

This hostel has great atmosphere, guys are doing great job to making everyone welcome here. They are very helpful with tours and transport too. And they do try to keep this place clean, on rainy weather it is bit challenging. It is bit off from town, but not too far anyway.

• 5th Jul 2014

Rou Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I guess this is one of those you get what you paid for places. I really liked the decoration of the hostel. I stayed in upstairs room, opposite of the office, and there was no privacy at all. Staff popped in all the time, without any visible reason. There were glass doors, which weren't locked and you could see from the hallway straight to the bedroom. I didn't get very good service either and was hard to deal with staff as they hardly spoke English. Location was fantastic!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Thanks for your opinion. We have covered the glass doors to take more private for our guest and trained all my staffs how to deal with our guests.

Marquee Guest Houzz

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Location is very convenient, easy access for bus and train. This hostel has very good potential to be great. Staff don't seemed to be too eager to welcome customers or help them. They do help if you ask, but I felt more like interrupting them with something when I asked for help. And please put toilet paper to inside the toilets, not outside. There is no nice common area to hung around with other guests.

• 19th Jun 2014

Born Free Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Hostel only has offer big dorm rooms, one with aircon and one with fans. We picked one without to save some money, and it was pretty hot room, but before we checked in we go chance to switch to room with aircon, but we choose not, so no-one else to blame than us. Room was very clean and tide, bathrooms properly washed everyday. There weren't enough space for lockers in the room, but lockers were provided outside of the rooms. Lobby was cozy and inviting, but dark all times.

• 18th May 2014

Generator Hostel Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

This hostel is great value, easily best hostel I've stayed in Dublin. Clean and nice with good facilities and good sized rooms. Enjoy your stay in this great city by booking Generator.

• 13th Mar 2014

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Location is excellent and private rooms are good value for the money. Other than that I would not recommend this place. We had early morning flight and tried to check out (there should be 24h reception), but no one let us in to the main building to do that. We didn't have extra time to wait (15 min was enough) so we actually lost our key deposit.

• 6th Dec 2013

Kilkenny Tourist Hostel

Kilkenny, Ireland

Very basic hostel in heart of Kilkenny. I did like that hostel took place in this old building, it surely added the character of it. At least on the weekend room facing main street was a bit noisy as there were pubs just opposite of the hostel, but if you'll be the one heading to the pub, location will be suberb for you.

• 30th Nov 2013

Maison de Marylu

Rome, Italy

Marylu is excellent host, big thanks for her to rescue our holiday after letting down by other hotel we had booking. In very short notice she accommondate us with open arms and she has very good suggestions for Rome. It was pleasant stay in this basic and quiet Guest house. I could warmly recommended everyone who's looking for nice budget place in Rome.

• 1st Nov 2013

The Forge

Galway, Ireland

We had lovely stay in this gorgeous B&B. Place is cozy and and host very friendly. Would go back here for sure.

• 17th Sep 2013

Belgravia Hotel

Very basic hostel. Could be cleaner. Location near Victoria station was great.

• 19th Jul 2013

Fairman House

Derry, Northern Ireland

Cosy hostel about 10 minute walk from city center. Room was very nice with comfortable bed.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Finland

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, Best wishes from Fairman House

Castlelodge B&B

Copper Beech B&B

• 30th Mar 2013

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

This hostel was really dirty and most of the staff wasn't very friendly either. All together very lousy place, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Dublin is full of better hostels than this. Person at the reception was very welcoming when we arrived, but that's the only good thing to say.

• 24th Jan 2013

Lynfield Guesthouse

Galway, Ireland

Location was superb and people who are running this B&B were great and very friendly! We had pleasant stay!

• 18th Jan 2013

Alameda Hotel

Malaga, Spain

• 8th Dec 2012

• 27th Oct 2012

Citi Hostels

Dublin, Ireland

It was cheap, so I didn't expect too much. Staff wasn't too friendly. I booked female dorm, but it was at the end it was mixed dorm... Location was perfect for my needs.

• 20th Oct 2012

Danhostel Copenhagen City

Copenhagen, Denmark

Double room end up to be room with 4 single beds, not quite the same.

• 3rd Aug 2012

Kampoeng Djawa

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

What a beautiful hotel with lots of character and really friendly and nice staff making our stay lovable!

• 29th Apr 2012