Reviews: tmr183675

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 35

Clink261

The kitchen/common room area was great. Dorm rooms standard (no lockers in room), but quite warm. Female/Male showers & toilets not on every level which is inconvenient for some. Breakfast is good, and wifi connection is good (3 pound for a week is really cheap). Only 5min walk to Tesco, and plenty of shops handy as well as station. Overall really happy with my stay.

Thank you for the amazing review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Clink261. Hope to see you againg ;)

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Rooms & beds were great. WiFi didn't work well enough. Shower was terrible as the head had to be held by hand & no curtain to protect things from getting wet. Breakfast was not available early enough. Location was great & really easy to find and get to/from. Great having air conditioning. Rooftop bar/common room was really good.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Loved my stay! Best breakfast, stunning view, great location (perfect if you only have a backpack), great atmosphere, helpful staff, spacious dorm rooms. Wifi was a little patchy, but good enough. Would stay here again in a heartbeat

I really liked how Anne Hostel was different, incorporating Japanese style throughout (except the beds, which were standard hostel bunks - although the wooden frame was MUCH nicer than the common metal-framed bunks I've endured). The lockers outside the rooms were small but appreciated (and being outside the rooms was handy). Location great for access to trains and plenty of eating options close by. I really enjoyed my stay. Downside was trouble finding ATM to get cash from MasterCard (use VISA)

Frankly, unless I really needed to, I wouldn't stay here again. What they provide is two floors of cramped dorms, with a hotel-room kitchenette. No luggage lockers, and no keys (or anything) to secure rooms - and the only time anyone is watching entrance is really late at night. I did not feel there was sufficient security. Beds also need little bedside light. The place really needs a comfy common room / TV lounge for guests.

Loved my stay in this hostel. The staff were fantastic, the location was perfect, room was excellent (comfy bed, good under-bed lockers, clean, cosy, great ensuite), common area and kitchen were really good. It's really handy to everything. Fantastic extra was free skype phone - really appreciated this! I'm keen to go back.

The Galway City Hostel

Galway, Ireland

No problems with the room, or being female sharing with 3 guys... but having to traipse around, down stairs, and through hostel reception to get to the toilet and showers was not good. The kitchen and common area was small, so only about 10 people could fit in comfortably at one time. The free internet, and breakfast were good. Location is good - though there's very little to see or do in Galway city itself - but I would not recommend it if you've got a car to park.

Kilkenny is a lovely gem. Out of all Ireland, the night here was in top 2... staff directed us to John Cleese pub where we were entertained by one after another lovely Irishmen singing folk songs, reciting stories and poems... and felt so warmly welcomed. The hostel was friendly and relaxed, and I'd be happy to return.

Princes Street Backpackers East

Edinburgh, Scotland

Enjoyed my stay here, the location was excellent, and staff friendly and helpful. Right around the corner, Snack cafe is great value for money. Be aware, it's a fair trek up the spiral stairs (especially when you have a suitcase), but well worth it. There's a great (but kinda hidden) TV/movie room, as well as well-equipped kitchen and dining area, well set out for travelers to meet. The clocks showing time around the world are a nice touch. Loved all the funky artwork. I would definitely be back

Astor Museum Inn