New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Fantastic service (they wouldn't let us carry our bags upstairs!), incredibly clean. The Std Twin Private came with bunk beds, cable TV, fridge & microwave, sink & mirror, & a desk. Two girls had enough room to spread out our 2 suitcases & clothes. They have bathrooms on each floor, enough that we didn't end up waiting at high-traffic times. For NYC, the value was incredible and the high-powered air conditioning a welcome treat! Great stay!

• 20th Jun 2013

The Clarence Park

Toronto, Canada

Nice location & friendly staff. The standard/basic rooms do not have A/C which was a challenge as I was in Toronto during a heat wave. I ended up purchasing a fan as the front desk staff is unavailable after 10pm and I wasn't able to ask if that would be an option. Main doors are left unlocked during the day but locked when the front desk staff leaves. I was lucky to get a comp upgrade on the first night, room had A/C and TV. The extra $ would be worth it for the A/C alone! Overall a decent stay

• 31st May 2013

Metropol

New York, USA

Really great hostel with terrific amenities. It's only a few minutes from the L train that connects you with anywhere on Manhattan quickly and easily. They only have 1 bathroom, which can be a little rough, but when we were there everyone was good about it and just planned the shower around that. Lots of solo travelers and wine/pizza nights help make this hostel a winner, too.

Fabric Hostel & Club

Naples, Italy

Private double room was fantastic - large and clean with all you need! Location really great, nice to be outside of Naples city centre.

YHA Nelson Central

Nelson, New Zealand

Clean and quite with helpful staff. Older clients (not all teens & twenties) were a nice change and meant that things typically stayed clean & quite. Staff were pretty helpful and facilities were good.

Base Rotorua

Rotorua, New Zealand

Ok hostel, not too loud & party like which can be good, BUT there was a bar next door that was VERY loud until 4AM! I would not stay there again simply because of this.