Location USA, Gender Male, Age 36

Hollywood Home Hostel, Lviv, Ukraine
5.4
21st Sep 2015

It’s dirty. It smells like something got wet and rotted and died. Internet is HORRIBLE. Staff are nice and helpful but I think they seem pretty bored being there. The front door of the building has a passcode you need to press to enter, sometimes. It would have been nice to know what it was when I checked in. The entrance door has a loverly door knob that when you try to close the door behind you, you just end up smashing your fingers. And the toilet doesn’t really flush. Good location.

24th Jul 2015

Excellent choice! Ranked as one of the very best hostels in Europe and for good reason. Great location. Clean rooms and toilets. Very social environment. 24 hr reception that go out of their way to help you. And they're all cute too. Highly recommend this place.

Fabrizzios Terrace Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
30th Aug 2013

I don't think I've ever see a hostel like this. Incredibly kind, knowledgable and helpful staff. Breakfast all day long. Great common rooms. Great energy. I highly recommend this place.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
7.1
11th Aug 2013

Overall good experience. Only issue was with the guy who worked during the day Saturday and in the morning Sunday. Horrible sense of humor. If you didn't laugh at the way he tried to joke around and if you didn't entertain his odd comments he became rude to the point you didn't even want to come to the reception to ask for help. I've also heard similar stories about him from other people staying there. Other than that, all good.

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
4.3
29th Jul 2013

One of the worst experiences I've had at a hostel in Europe. They had bed bugs. They have the worst internet and you need to reconnect with the password every time. When I was leaving the girl at the front desk wouldn't return my deposit for the keycard and sheets that I was showing her I clearly had. I can definitely say that no one had told me this so I had thrown it away. The reason for this(She said) is because they don't trust their own employees not to steal the deposit money. Nice.

5th Oct 2011

I've traveled a lot and have stayed in many hostels. It's rare that I feel as at home and welcomed as I do at Eight Elephants. Basically to the point where I really don't want to leave! The staff is fun and the location is great. Many thanks to them for making my stay in Taipei a memorable experience.

18th Mar 2011

Pusan Hostel, Busan, South Korea
20th Nov 2010

Had a great time there, in fact I'm heading back later this week!

Eric !!! Are you enjoying Japan? The night we went to club together was really fun !! XD Hope you are using Japanese I tought you XDD Come back to Korea anytime soon !! Take care !! C ya ~ ^^

3.7
28th Oct 2010

24th Sep 2009

A home away from home... I spent several days at the Backpackers Family House before heading to Machu Picchu and several days there again afterwards. The place is very clean, environment is open and easy to meet people. The staff is superb! Knowing it was my birthday, they even had a birthday cake waiting for me when I returned from Machu Picchu! I can't say I've ever been treated so well.

Hotel Casa Rustica, Antigua, Guatemala
12th Apr 2008

They definitely went out of their way to help me on all occasions. Great place.