Valencia, Spain

This is a great hostel. I love to stay in this place when I am in Valencia. You easilymeet other travelers in the relaxed atmosphere. I enjoy the well-equiped kitchen and the excellent location. The only (small) negative point is that the door of my room could be easily pushed open. The security lock did not work properly. But that`s all. Over all, I am very happy to have stayed here again. Next time in Valencia, Home Backpackers will be my home away from home again.

Levanten Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Would you like to meet the nicest and sweetest hostel owners in the whole world? Yes, you're watching the right youth hostel. It is not the most fancy place I've stayed in, but the people running the hostel stole my heart. Thank you very much guys! I will definattely come back! Ow yes... Istanbul is a city with a thousand of stairs. You will get in shape here!

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

It is a pleasure not to have bunk beds. Rooms are quite spacious and very clean. The hoste is situated next to a very nice square. Some details though - could be improved. Some girls working at the reception had no idea how things work in Valencia (metro, farmacy, ...). Neither does the hot water in the shower always work. The rooms could also use some maintainance. Brick stones are loose and electricity plugs could only be found behind the beds. Personal lights did not work.

Valencia, Spain

Home Backpackers is a very nice hostel. During my regular visits to Valencia, I always prefer stay in this youth hostel. However, if I would be in charge, I would put more than just one computer in the common area. Make sure you shower first. After big groups have taken the shower, the water gets cold. It is also a pitty they charge you € 0,50 to print just one copy of your boarding pass. In general, this are DETAILS. The hostel is very nice, clean, friendly and has a good atmosphere.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

Six degrees is a very relaxed, clean, nice and quiet place to start exploring the crazy city of Jakarta. I can very recommend staying here.

Hostel Casa del Parque

San Jose, Costa Rica

I just satyed two nights in the hostel. The atmosphere among the backpackers and the owners and helpers was really friendly, quiet and relaxed. This is the kind of place that gives you peace in a busy city. I would definetely return and even consider staying longer there if San Jose would be an appealing place to stay for a longer time.

Valencia, Spain

Home Backpacers is a popular hostel. I stayed here various times and always enjoyed my stay. However, this time, I was disgussed by the behaviour of my room mates. I had the luck to meet three different groups in my room during the seven nights I stayed. They were extremely loud and took every possibility to sleep a single hour away. i would recommend the hoostel to put groups in special rooms - there is space enough - to make sure they can put single travellers with each other as well.

Sunflower Hostel

Cali, Colombia

I enjoyed my stay a lot in the Sunflower Pacific Hostel. 'Mi casa, tu casa' is the hostel owners moto and it's true. You feel at home. The owner helped me with finding my way in Cali (with own made maps) and was always there with any kind of advice. The neighborhood is safe. There is an easy public transport to the center around the corner. Many bars and restaurants are closeby. The bus terminal is a bit out of reach. I would recommend staying here.

Thank you very much. Jairo Carvajal

Valencia, Spain

I stayed in the Purple Nest Hostel for the fourth time already. The place is iconic for its colourful decor. I love it. The rooms are quite spacious. It's really clean. Every time you walk into the corridor, you bump into the cleaning staff. The showers have niey hot water. Eert night there's a meet and hang out lounge bar where you can meet the whole hostel by a cheap drink. This hostel is not for people who like a small and really quite place to relax and practice joga all day.

Valencia, Spain

The last years I have stayed three times in the Purple Nest Hostel. I really like the place. The atmosphere is great, the location interesting and the staff really helpful and - as is Spain - friendly!

YHA Auckland City

Auckland, New Zealand

Our three-bed dorm was situated on the second floor. The room was really hot. Only one shower (REALLY small showers) could be closed. Out of the warm-water tap came boiling hot water. I recorded this to the reception. Nobody put a sign to warn guests for burning wounds. I asked the staff the best (and cheapest) way to go to the airport in the morning. Before I realised, the gave me a 25-dollar ticket for the shuttle bus instead of putting me on the 12-dollar direct bus to the airport.

Valencia, Spain

I had a great time in the youth hostel Purple Nest. There are although a few things that may change in the future. The 10 bed dorm and the fridge to put dinner in were really small. But, please go there. It's a nice place and atmosphere really close to the city centre!

Thanks for your comments Frederik, contructive feed back is always most welcome around here. I will look into your suggestions to see if there is room for improvement in the very near future. Thanks again! Emanuele