City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Great location, friendly and helpful, staff. A bit noisy due to bars nearby but otherwise a good place to stay.

HotelHotel Hostel

Seattle, USA

Great hostel, definitely would stay here again! The only feedback i would give is that another shower would be nice, as there's usually a queue in the morning.

Palace Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

Very difficult to find, directions don't accurately reflect the navigation of the little streets and passages that are required to find. There is no reception, had to roam the building to find someone to help us "check-in". Once found, she lead us to another building outside of the palace and tried to stick us in a claustrophobic little double room in someone's house, despite the fact that we had booked and deposited money for a twin room in the location listed on the site.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Rooms Kresan

Zadar, Croatia

Very difficult to find as directions are somewhat incomplete. Be aware that the street listed is a continuation of another street and the numbering is a bit inconsistent. Also the walk from the bus station is actually a 15 min walk and from the hostel to the town centre is about 25 mins.

Villa Hostel & Apartments

Zagreb, Croatia

This was a home away from home as it was an apartment and felt very comfortable however there was no reception or staff consistently on site. However the host was waiting for us on arrival and was very helpful in explaining about Zagreb, how to get around, what to see and also provided a printed city guide. While not in the exact centre of town, it was nearby a lovely square with lively bars, restaurants, bakeries, market, supermarket and several buses and trams at your doorstep.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Rucksack Inn @ Temple Street

Singapore, Singapore

Don't be put-off by the exterior (in an warehouse of some sort), this place is very clean, the staff is incredibly helpful, nice, fun and the location is perfect!

I didn't feel very comfortable in this place and half expected to see roaches crawling around. Dark, untidy and the dorms are like prison cells! The reception staff has a bit of an attitude, but the food staff in the dining area were nice. Stayed one night and checked myself into a decent hotel!

Hiyas Ms. Singh Half expected? Seems you had negatives views about a Hostel before your first stay at one. Lucky us... You're a hotel person, There you can be more selective on who you meet if anyone at all. I am a Hostel person. (Long before my involvement here.) We are a social environment for one reason. It was my choice to be that way. When I found this place it was already a hotel (won't mention the type but,) filled with double rooms. Boring…. I like the excitement and fun of meeting new people, and like people who like the same, have my whole life, so had the place refurbished into a hostel. (Knocked out walls, made common room, built toilets showers, built walls, added new air-cons, pool table, etc...) It has provided to a majority of our guest and us to be just as it should be…A place to meet other like-minded travelers...Interesting …Informative… Exciting … FUN…( have to add Comical) The reception staff you mentioned could have only been the young lad Jimbo, (as the Thai staff have very little attitude but they Thank-you for the compliment). I don't know the particulars of your complaint, He does have a bit of a sarcastic wit (Go Aussie GO) and as a long time traveler himself has a bit of the ole "Call them as he sees them" bluntness that, as I have said before, some love to hate him, some hate to love him. When he's around he's good value to 99% of our guest. On our intro copy I try to get the point across that we are a Travelers Haven, Social, Communal, informative place. Sometimes we Rock sometimes we Roll. It's what you put into it that you get out of it. Your choice of a Hotel was well suited to you. We are glad to have helped you in that step of self discovery. We hope the rest of your trip is just what you want it to be. Soi1david

Not much to do in Kunming, so I only stayed one night. However, my dinner at this hostel gave me food poisioning, so my perspective on this place is biased. They do have a decent common area and good internet access.

Dear Susan To hear your news we see very sorry, we hope you now have much better. As you eat the food of our after poisoning. We feel is unlikely. Because we are from the same things like wal-mart the large supermarket, vegetables are also purchase fresh. Every day we have other people to eat our food, besides you, and no one else feel the body is not, I think you uncomfortable maybe you eate someting not very clean in outside. Anyway, we hope you will get well soon. Cloudland Judy

Fantastic place! Wanted to stay longer than 3 nights. Rooms are bright, beds are comfy, bathrooms are very clean and spacious. Thanks to Dave and Song for creating a wonderfully peaceful, chilled out environment for a weary traveler to rest!

Great location,common areas spacious and the bar is fun. However, bathrooms are dark, damp and smelly! Possibly the worst hostel bathrooms ever!Also, they have attendants positioned on every floor with walkie-talkies, which are going off all hours of the night.Apparently these are there for security purposes! What are 2 little girls going to do if there is a problem? Also, they tend to come into the rooms at ridiculous hours to conduct a room check, whatever the hell that is!

Bobby the owner is very helpful; so are the staff, but they speak very little English so communication is a bit of a problem. Highly recommend that you don't try to find this place at night, do your best to arrive by day; most of the taxi drivers didn't seem to know this hutong and it was a challenge for most of the guest to get here. Try to get someone to write the directions Chinese and contact Bobby to get a detailed map of the hutong if you weren't emailed one.

thanks for the feedback. I will give staff English training from this week! The Beijing characteritic house located in the old hutong (not like a mordern building on the main road) so it is a bit difficult to find at the first time. We contact all guests before they arrive and send them map and address in Chinese to make things easy.

Shanghai Koala Garden House

Shanghai, China

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at in terms of aesthetics, it is the level of a boutique hotel. The location is not the most convenient to the central sights but I highly recommed it neverthless. The staff is extremely helpful and polite and go above and beyond. This is not a party atmosphere, but you will get a very good nights' rest here.

Thanks so much,we are happy you've got wonderful days here. Hope to see you next time when you visit Shanghai.