Gender: Female,

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff were super friendly, the dorms spacious, everything very clean and in excellent condition. Mamma's dinners were delicious and a great way to meet other people. The free walking tours are also worth doing.

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Room needed better ventilation - it was much too warm.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

The room was spacious but quite dark.

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

Security to the dormitory rooms could be better.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Things in our room that were broken (4 bed female dorm - room 320 I think): - shower head - coat rack - lock on bathroom door

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Very clean, with big beds and a good (free) breakfast. There is a u-bahn station literally outside the front door, which is handy. Staff were a little distant. Also corridors could be quite noisy with people coming in in the middle of the night. It's a big chain-type hostel without a lot of personal character.

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Super clean, great showers, comfortable beds, and big lockers. The breakfast buffet is enormous and delicious. And the staff are so lovely, friendly and helpful. Another highlight is the rooftop common room and balcony overlooking the Bosphorus. It's a great place to meet other travellers. I definitely recommend this hostel!

Basic but unexpensive. Institutional character and bare decoration but clean. I only stayed one night and wanted to do my laundry but was told by the staff at 6pm that I couldn't do it till 11pm. I waited till I got to my next hostel!

Mona Lisa Hostel

Rome, Italy

It felt like crashing at the apartment of someone you don't really know - along with a lot of other people. Small, so it's good if you want to meet people but not if you're looking for privacy and personal space. No lockers and the free breakfast was a bit hit-and-miss some mornings.

Hostel Bella Capri

Naples, Italy

BEST hostel I've ever stayed in! Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly - they went out of their way to answer our questions, recommend sites and restaurants, and just generally help us get the most out of our stay. Rooms are bright and spacious, internet is free, and the hostel felt like an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Naples. We didn't want to leave!

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Huge FREE breakfast is definitely worth getting up for (just avoid the watery orange juice). Free internet was either not working or always had a queue when we were there - go across the road to the 1 euro/hour Internet cafe. There were only a couple of bathrooms on each floor - not enough for the number of people. It was almost impossible to get to the shower and toilet in the morning.

It's worth paying for the buffet breakfast in the morning - it's all-you-can-eat and there's a great variety of food (cereals, fruit, breads, cold meats, cheese, salad, drinks, etc). Have a big breakfast and sneak out some stuff to have for lunch! Our room was only 4 beds and had an ensuite, which was great.

Hostel DownTown

Prague, Czech Republic

Staff were excellent, very knowledgeable and helpful in answering our questions. Only problem was that we booked for a female-only dorm on Hostelworld and got there to find we were in a mixed dorm.