Gender: Male,

Neverland Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

+ves Hot water, good showers Location -ves Breakfast only from 9-1030. This is not on the website. I was in IST for work and work started at 9am! Hence I missed the breakfast, I would not have booked had I known about this time limit Dirty, dirty, dirty Bedsheets hadn't seen a washing machine in weeks!

• 20th Sep 2013

Nhi Trung Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

We booked here because we wanted somewhere to stay over New Year. We paid $25 a night. On reflection, it was a bit pricey. The staff were quick to push us to their tailors and to sell us bus tickets ($16 at the hotel - we paid $12 in town). The room was very nice with a nice balcony and en-suite. I would stay again, but not for $25. There are so many options that you can find as-good/better for less.

• 29th Dec 2012

Ruby Hotel

Nha Trang, Vietnam

It's a nice hotel in a good location. Nha Trang is overrun with hotels in this price range so standards are generally high. We booked here because we wanted to be sure of somewhere to stay over Xmas, in reality we needn't have worried. The hotel itself is decent, helpful staff and a cute little dog called @Miko@. We had a noisy air-conditioner and fan and the room backed onto a air force barracks which woke us up several times each morning. To their credit the staff DID offer to move us.

• 22nd Dec 2012

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A good hostel. Excellent location. Fine for a few days. Will be returning.

• 10th Sep 2012

Princess Hotel

Luxor, Egypt

Too pushy on the tours - as soon as we'd arrived. Good rooms and can't fault the rooms. Breakfast is simple but ample. Luxor really is the hassle capital of Egypt though so be prepared!!!!

Sultanahmet Youth Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Beware, the room I was in had no fan and of course no air-con. Let me tell you it gets damn hot in Istanbul in summer and you want air-con but you _need_ a fan. Staff don't have enough fans for all of the rooms!! Two very unpleasantly hot nights were spent here and I paid far too much for the privilege.

Sultanahmet Youth Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Far too hot with no fans in the room. Unbearable and impossible to sleep - it ruins your day because you're so tired!!! Too expensive for something so basic. Go elsewhere - there's plenty to choose from in Istanbul.