Reviews: kat_fish_83

Location Scotland, Gender Female, Age 33

15th May 2013

The location of this hostel is incredible, and the fact that it was one of the cheapest places I could find on Manhattan made it all the better. The rooms/bathrooms etc are very basic - I was in a 2 bed dorm with my friend but the space was small enough that I might have felt uncomfortable being in there with someone I didn't know - but overall I was very pleased and would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap NYC getaway in a a great part of town.

Costa Rica Backpackers, San Jose, Costa Rica
6.6
12th Jan 2013

Garden and pool are really nice, free internet and the movie area are good too, and I like the fact they have a kitchen to make your own stuff. But the bedrooms really aren't that great, mattress must've been a million years old and since the hostel is next to a loud bar, it didn't make for a great nights sleep. It's a cheap place to stay and hangout while you wait for your flight out of SJO, but I doubt I'd stay there longer than than.

Maracuya Hostel, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
7.1
21st Dec 2012

I was not psyched to stay at this place. It was a nice set-up - up on the hill outside of SJDS, and with beautiful views - but I felt like I was being scammed the whole time. I should have written this review when everything was fresh in my mind, but I believe they did not take my HW deposit off the final bill, we got charged for breakfast items we didn't order, and while the main part is beautiful, we were over in a building in what felt like someone's backyard. Room was nice though.

Hostel Urbano, San Jose, Costa Rica
20th Dec 2012

Great place in a nice area, enjoyed walking around the streets. Very clean, free breakfast was nice. What was amazing was the helpful staff, in particular Claudia and another girl who's name I didn't catch. My husband and I arrived Dec 20th hoping to go straight to Nicaragua - nearly impossible at that time of year. Claudia helped me for 2 whole hours to try and make arrangements, and made numerous calls on my behalf as did the girl the following morning. Made it to NI in the end. THANK you!!