Reviews: catlo183324

A Vigna Du Raffa

Cinque Terre, Italy

First I want to thank the lady who escort me to the hostel and she is a very kind and helpful to me. The man Diego is not so friendly. The underground single room is quite humid and facing to the patio. You cannot open the window because it is facing to the patio. One night I was woke up at 3 AM because the people in the apartment had their gathering at the patio at that time, talking loudily. I have to completly close the window. They just talked next to you.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Gap Year Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

My single room is on the second floor, out of the ground floor. This is a old building with two stairsteps to reach the second floor. There is no lighting. At the daytime, with the light from outside, it is rarely OK. At the nightime, it is quite dark , especially the second stairsteps. It is best to install some lighting on the ceiling as it is really dark after sunset. Overall it is clean, good location hostel. The staff are friendly and helpful.

thanks for your feedback. we will have lights installed on the stairway. :)

Malindi Guest House

Zanzibar, Tanzania

Overall is good, especially the location, except the irriating smell of the fish market. Just ten minutes walking, you can easily reach some major sightseeing points in the Stone Town , seaside and also the boat to Prisoner Island. The terrance on the top floor is a good place to watch the fish boats comming back to the harbour in the morning, and how is the fish market doing their business. For solo traveller, especially lady, don't come back too late because the ligthng is not enough .

DOMOKUCHU

Zanzibar, Tanzania

There should be some chairs inside my room A. The bathroom is quite large, may be a wardrobe can be put inside. Unexpected some hooks for clothes are fixed at the top of the bathroom door. I think it would be more than six feet from the ground. I am only five feet two inches. Not every one is so tall. A restaurant is required especialy at bad weather or no electricity. Overall it is a good , quiet, and peaceful place to stay. I enjoy the massage there.

Casa del Agua

Granada, Nicaragua

Posada Costa Azul

Chetumal, Mexico

There are some argument beween the exchange rate of the USD to Mexican dollars with my balance of payment. they insist on 1 USD to 12 Mx pesoes. For me I can only get 1USD to 11 Mx pesoes. After negoiation, I still have to pay more 12 mx pesoes. The main problem comes from the balance shown in USD

Yaxkin Hostel

Palenque, Mexico

The rotten wooden plank room is quite terrible. Always some wooden pieces falling down. No room cleaning for two dsys stay. The whole room is full of myth balls spell, quite irriating at all

Hostel Centro Historico Regina

Mexico City, Mexico

The restarant in the hostel and other bars nearby create a lot of noise up to midnight at least two oclock, peoples shouting, smiling and chattering even up to three oclock. If you can sleep under such envirment, take it. I have bad sleep for three nights. It is miserable . especially the first night after taking twenty hours of flight, twenty hours of standby. Anyway, it is a noisy hostel. Staff are helpful. Washing room facilities are good. The single room would make you astonishing, my single room is

Hostal Portobello B&B

Valparaiso, Chile

Relax, comfortable, feeling like at home, in a house of thirty years antiques decoration, light music, sometimes jazz. The hostal host Alcjandro and Jose are so nice and helpful, giving me the info, even helping me to book the hostal for Atacama. Home made juice is excellent. The night scenery viewed from the hostal is very impressive and beautiful, Valparaisois dressed up with diamond costume, reflecting on the harbour, It is a good place to stay, not only for sightseeing, also to understand the culture of Valparaiso and its people LO CHAU WAN,HONG KONG 24.1.08 .