Reviews: jackmui325

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 62

This is what I envision a good hostel to be. Like a second home where one can enjoy the stay relaxing during the heat of the day. The staff is excellent.

Labuan Backpacker

Labuan, Malaysia

Terrible hostel with dilapidated bathrooms. Not recommended.

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Owner Peter is very hands on. I was pleasantly surprised that he put in towels in the toilets to dry wet hands. This is the only hostel who has implemented my suggestion quickly. Good job and keep up the good work!

Harbourside Backpackers

Sandakan, Malaysia

Excellent hostel and staff. It would be even better to provide towel to dry hands after going to the toilet.

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Towels to dry hands after going to toilet.

STAR Hostel (Taipei)

Taipei, Taiwan

It would be even better if they provide towels to dry hands after visit to the toilet and also in the kitchen since there is no facility to dry one's hands. Left a note to the hostel staff on this.

good hostel and friendly hostess. location is good with many eateries around area.

Very good facilities with buffet breakfast included. The dinner provided for NT$200 is excellent value with 8 dishes and a soup. Unfortunately, the hostel is located 6.5 km from the Alishan Park. The hotel provides free shuttle at 9 a.m. to the Park and pick up back to the hotel at 4 p.m.

Hotel Nautico Inn Veracruz

Veracruz, Mexico

this is a very economic hostel- especially during the high holiday season in Veracruz. The facility is very clean and the hostel staff is nice and helpful - except they speak almost NO English and most of our group members don't speak Spanish. SO language communication could be a problem. the only thing I have complaint is the strong mildew odor in the rooms - even with the air conditioner on in December - we can still smell it. The room on the group level is almost unbearable. So be ware!

City Hut 1828

Tainan, Taiwan

Good location, facilities and atmosphere.

Luyo Hostel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Excellent location and host.

Bike Kaohsiung Hostel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Owner has a passion for the hosteling business, genuinely interested in talking to guests and ensuring that they have a good time while visiting Kaohsiung. I hope that Paul, the owner, implements my suggestion on converting a wet bathroom to separate wet and dry areas so that not the whole bathroom is wet after one takes a shower.

Traveler Hotel

Taitung, Taiwan

This is a hotel that lacks the homeliness of a hostel. The best selling point is the excellent location.

would be even better if the shower is converted from a wet shower by adding a barrier to prevent the water from wetting the whole bathroom. This can be accomplished easily by adding a barrier of several inches high so that water does not flow to the rest of the bath room when one showers.

STAR Hostel (Taipei)

Taipei, Taiwan

Need to provide towels to dry hands after washing one's hands.

Old Town Accommodation

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Host very cordial

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Wifi does not work for me. The owner kindly let me use their laptop. Owner cared about guests very much.

Villa Mandic

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Hostel is about 200 meters west of Hotel Lero, not 50 meters.

Helvetia House

Hvar, Croatia

Excellent hostel with a partial view of the sea on the roof top terrace. It would be even better if there is some light on the roof terrace since I could not see what I was eating at night. A simple way may be provide some candles.

Split Guesthouse & Hostel

Split, Croatia

Josko is excellent in introducing new guests to Split by explaining the key sights, restaurants etc. He is outstanding in creating a community of backpackers that interact with each other and having fun. Good job!

Apartment Kristic Plitvice

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Owner was very kind. He drove me to the national park Plitvice lakes and picked me up. The apartment is located 8 km away in the village of Grabovac. The wifi in the apartment only works with owner's laptop and not mine. He kindly let me use his laptop and the kitchen In hindsight, the park can be visited in less than 4 hours without staying over night especially on the way from Zagreb to the Adriatic coast. The best sights such as the main waterfall is close to entrance 1 of the park.

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

A1 Hostel Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

Lack of management attention to the details. For example, the wash pad which costs less than 1 euro to replace is so worn and smelled badly.

El Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Good group of travelers staying at the hostel. Hostel is too restrictive on the use of kitchen. The breafkast is very good but the bath room facilities are very cramped.

Casa Caribe

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Owners Alex and Jan are very personable with their services. Alex offered us coconut, lemonade drinks and coffee. It was very much appreciated. Need to install screen door and windows to keep mosquitoes out in the deluxe room.

owner is friendly and helpful. Staff should be better trained on knowing the names of nearby streets. We called from a street that is next to the hostel and the staff could not tell us how to get to the hostel.

Supertramp Hostel

Machu Picchu, Peru

This is the worst hostel I stayed in Peru. The design of the hostel is like a sound box. One can hear the conversation from the central atrium.

Good hostel with decent location. clean bath rooms and room 6 with a good view of Cuzco. Good pick up service but the city and Sacred Valley tours are too expensive and the information given by James is not correct. Thanks to Marco for his kindness in treating us to Lucoma ice cream.

Inka's Rest

Puno, Peru

Prefer that towel is provided. This will make the hostel services complete.

Good value and good services. I appreciate Alberto loaned us 50 soles since we were out of Soles. Very personable and helpful owner.

Blue Dog Guesthouse

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The toilet smells like sewage. The driver associated with the hostel try to sell us trips that cost more than outside providers.

Urkmez Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

Do not advertise services that the hostel do not plan to deliver such as free pick up from bus station and free car service to Ephesus.

Khaosan Tokyo Samurai

Tokyo, Japan

excellent hostel, good location, friendly helpful staff, use of kitchen. The only drawback is the wall is thin and I can hear people talking next door.

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind comment and rating. We are really glad that you had a good time in our hostel. We try to put all our energy to keep guests quiet after 10pm. Thank you so much for pointing out.