Reviews: Allan1970

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 43

Hong Kong Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

broken shower holder make it annoying to hold shower head while you washing yourself. Towel are not included so its not really value for money because we had to go out and buy two towels which is a hassle for us.

Sea Blue Phuket Hostel & Guesthouse

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Always return to Steps Inn throughout my RTW travel transitting through Malaysia. I love their free baggage storage policy. I like two hostels in KL, that is Steps Inn and the another one near Pasir Seni LRT but they charge for bag storage which is why I go to Steps Inn. Alan the Boss is awesome!

Empire Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The communal room is VERY HOT because ONLY ONE fan and it was used by a frequent long staying guest playing on computer. Staff need a lot of improvement with attitude and need to show more smile. She likes to spend most of the time in closed door office or in her bedroom. I noticed that this hostel probably STILL accompany foreign workers regardless there is a notice posted forbiding their stay. No additional fan was the reason for low rating in facility and value for money.

The Hive Singapore Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Came back two days later after checkout to see if I could use WIFI for my laptop, and was admitted in with no problem. Awesome staff and the hostel itself too!

Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I like how they regulate the air conditoned lobby room and dormitory bed!

Kandy Down Town Hostel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

The hostel is about 30 minutes of walk to most shop in downtown its a pretty long walk daily. There is a small store maybe 5 minutes of walk downhill from the hostel that you can find something to drink or eat or walk 5 more minutes to another store after the tunnell. Hostel is clean and comfortable living!

Beach Monkey @Negombo

Negombo, Sri Lanka

Great hostel, the room sometimes is hot, and use the fan but sometimes the caretaker will turn the fan speed from 2 to 1 to save electricity and I told her that I am going to move to different hotel, and it freak her out and she promised to leave the fan speed alone. After that its all good. Very little breakfast, you are not allowed to have 2nd free egg. Caretaker can cook food for you during lunch or dinner but not free.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

been a repeated guest of this hostel, almost never have a problem with this hostel :)

Hi, Thanks for the kind words and thank you for coming back so many times, its great having you. As you know, you always have a bed here at Step Inn. Cheers Step Inn Management.

Zackry Guest House

Langkawi, Malaysia

awesome hostel and staff!

Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I strongly recommend this hostel to set up new printer set connecting to computers so we can print documents without staff assistance. Anyway the hostel is awesome!

ETZzz Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

bathroom door have mold and recommend new doors. Other than that, great hostel!

Mangolo Hostel-Angkor

Siem Reap, Cambodia

great hostel! the only problem is VERY HOT dormitory room after the sun goes up.

We are so sorry about that hot because it is hottest moment in Cambodia. Anyway our team did hope that you enjoyed your stay in Siem Reap and Mangolo Hostel Angkor.

Bangkok, Thailand

Overstay is still one of top 5 favorite hostel I had been to. Been to Overstay few times and never get too old. I would recommend Overstay to add few fans in common room since it will be very hot and sweaty during daytime when A/C is off. I am so happy that Overstay finally add A/C in dorm bed! WIFI is good.

When reserved this hostel via hostelworld.com and noticed that the facilities listing shows FREE Internet but it turned out it was NOT free. I now will stop going to that hostel and instead going to different hostel. I was very disappointed because the staff said first 15 minutes free.... AGAIN ITS NOT FREE if its 5 or 30 minutes.. Please be honest on hostelworld.com!

Cheap Charlie's Backpackers Lodge

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

The hostel improved greatly after my last visit last year. A/C was fixed in the room, see more cleaner hostel and toilet can flush itself than last year... Good job with keeping hostel on track. :)

Timur Guesthouse

Kota Bharu, Malaysia

we stayed one night, very happy with that hostel! Locker provided for free, WIFI is very good. Bed is good. Comfortable!

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

WIFI is really bad and there is a note posted on the wall about Bad WIFI and blaming to Network Provider really pissed me off. Stop blaming the Network Provider! I went to 7 different hostels in K.L. area and all WIFI work awesome fine! I do not like mislead notice! Backpackers are not that DUMB. FIX WIFI! Wifi work good when not many people on the floor during early morning so its NOT network provider's problem as you and your staff tried to blame. Otherwise, great hostel!

thanks for your comments, as you know we have stated that we have wifi problem because of the service provider has and the staff did not create by themselves and at the same time you have to understand that there are few different company that are providing the services. The company that was providing the service has problem at that point of time. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Chinatown Team.

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

great hostel. A little pricey but it might be worth a lot of comfort!

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

This is not good for long term backpacking stay. No kitchen for you to store foods and your own drinks. WIFI Internet works only in the dining room, NOT in room or elsewhere. Thus FORCE me to buy hostel's own drinks. ALSO everyone is smoking and it smell really bad in dining room that I couldn't breathe in fresh air. I have no choice because that is only place where WIFI works. I barely enjoy eating in the dining room with other smokers. WIFI is VERY SLOW! Those areas need to be improved

Kinabalu Backpackers Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

It's alright hostel. The common room is too small. I use the common room because there is no outlets by my dorm bed. I do not want to charge my laptop across the room. Simple breakfast.

North Borneo Cabin

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

After very disappointment with another hostel, I moved to that hostel and love that place. A little bit pricey, which is why I have to move out again to save some money for the week. Anyway, this hostel is awesome! free bag storage! free use of locker! I recommend this hostel!

Borneo Global Backpackers

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

1) you MUST bring your own toilet paper OR buy one from hostel 2) mattress is so bad that I have to take them off the bed and put on floor with extra mattress 3) Internet doesn't work real well on 2nd floor, thus I have go down to use Internet 4) Staff is not trained well to be courtesy or helpful. 5) Lockers are PAID by rent and is NOT secure because I can be able to open another locker below mine with same key 6) They have lame excuse when saying its HOSTEL but I am happy wiht new hostel now

We provide a shooter hose which common used in Asia, we do not force guest to buy toilet paper. Our mattress is a standard quality and not the 5 stars hotel mattress. Our internet its a free WIFI and due to our building size, there's bound to be a obstacle, any wifi spot depend on the wifi router position. Our staff well trained to be courtesy and helpful probably you're more demanding or have a very high expectation. Please do no mock our establishment, We're a hostel.

Warung Coco

Kuta, Indonesia

They notify me of last minute to change room on my 3rd day of stay. Staff is visibly angry when I tried to stay the same room, but instead, I give up and moved to different room. Lockers is terrible and not secure. A/C is very good. Breakfast is okay (Orange Juice taste terrible because its not real. Internet did not work at the new room so I HAD to walk all the way to common room to use Internet. The road heading south from hotel have nearly no street lamp, not safe for solo female walking

Sir with respect you asked to extend your stay with us and were informed to do so would mean changing room to which you agreed. The lockers are all solid teak wood with good locks and are only 5 weeks old so how you cant say they are terrible ? Internet connections can go slow anywhere at any time ? and the walk you had was 55 mtr so not far for a backpacker i would not have thought. The orange juice is the standard you get in all hotels in Bali.

Bedbunkers Hostel #1

Kuta, Indonesia

This is just a hostel for bed. Not a place for you to chat because there is NO lobby. The dorm bed area have POOR functioning Air Conditioning. Staff can be helpful but they can't much about A/C. Internet is not fast. Shower and toilet on the 2nd floor is closed due to out of order. Staff is busy on computer or internet, maybe playing games and did not really care about guests' comforty stay. NO kitchen but just a fridge. Lack information about the area!

POP! Hotel Kuta Beach

Kuta, Indonesia

Location is a problem. It gave us confusion sometimes and had to get taxi to get us there. There was a very bad traffic jam on both direction on side of hotel. So, expect to pay taxi for about 50,000 to 80,000 Rps if you want to get there from Bali Airport. And be forewarned, it might take 90 minutes from this hotel to airport even for only 4.8 km!

The Eco-Living Hostel, Bali

Kuta, Indonesia

a huge disappointment was the poor Internet connection. I can't even upload photos to Facebook at that hostel!

EDU Hostel Jogja

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

I rated facilities very poor just because of LIMITED swimming pool and skyview hours to 630AM to 10AM and open again at 4PM to 10PM. I was not happy about that time.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

awesome hostel, great atomsphere, good WIFI connection on 3rd floor and very clean, good 24 hours A/C, cold AC! I strongly recommend this hostel!

Kim's House in Busan

Busan, South Korea

Its like a home. Owner Kim and Julie are awesome. Its cold outside in Busan but the hostel is really so warm enough to make you feel so comfortable! I am pretty much happy here and often ended up staying here more than going out. Thumb up to Kim and Julie!

The Forest Hostel

Jeju Island, South Korea

I had been to 100+ hostel and The Forest Hostel is the top 10 outstanding hostel I had been to, beautiful decoration inside and outside and staff communicate with guests VERY well by email, Facebook and in person. Awesome hostel!

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

only one negative I can have about this hostel is men's bathroom is on 1st and 4th floor, and you have to go down or upstair to use bathroom. I gave this hostel 100 percent rate because of excellent staff, nice hostel and really good heated room. The staff joined me to go to westerner restaurant for my birthday. Awesome time!

Yes the hostel location is 20 minutes of walk from BTS Station. If you are a true backpacker, you can walk that far!!! if you do not want to walk that far, then you are NOT a backpacker and instead, stay at HOTEL near BTS or Metro. The hostel is awesome! Air Conditioning is awesome!

Koh Tao Central Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Staff will only be available to assist you from 8:45AM to 5;30PM and after that, reception/office will ALAWAYS be closed. toilet seat is bit smaller than the toilet rim, make it disgusting to sit on the rim where you can see the edge of rim where most of soiled urine shown, BUY the right size! You have to either, give them the passport or 1,000 Thai Bahts to make a deposit for key. Be forewarned!

Baan Smile Hostel

Koh Samui, Thailand

excellent hostel, GREAT Air Conditioning in dorm! you can turn AC on anytime your in dorm, not a time limit. Have locker and pretty CLEAN hostel, nice bathroom. If I am in Samui again, I will be sure to reserve that hostel again.

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

Awesome hostel in Phuket but its in Downtown. The better nightlife scene is in Patong Beach.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent hostel! been here before and came back here. If you can't sleep in hot environment, sleep on top bunk bed near the ceiling fan, they are very good and did help a lot with cooling. :)

Empire Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Two lady staff are awesome but the problem is that, they seemed not to check E-mail regard my complaint that other dorm guests refused to turn light off at 2 or 3 in the morning, I realize that bed lamp by bed is a BAD choice because guests would use them at night bothering other guests' good sleep. Your friends (non-guests) are NOT allowed to visit you or even stay in lobby room which many other hostel allowed that.

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

Laundry service was ok.. my clothes ended up with no scent or smell which its feel like they washed my clothes without soap. Other than that, excellent hostel but I have to move to different hostel due to expensive stay each night.

Pink Manila Hostel

Manila, Philippines

stay there only one night, but the duration of the stay, everything looks so good. One of staff was stressed out which she forgot to smile. Anyway, I definitely will go there again. Beautiful and COZY place!

Thanks for the review, by the way the staff that seemed stressed was born in Canada and we were celebrating 4th of July... bittersweet, eh? hope to see you back in Manila! Cheers!

Dallas Hostel

Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

Excellent hostel, excellent owner. The Internet connection is a problem but its not their fault anyway because its PHILIPPINES... Location is good, a few minutes of walk to Chow King, Jollibee, McDonalds and Inasal Restaurants. There is no 7 & 11 in sight, so you got to buy drinks from small business. Owner will be gladly to help you with tour arrangement around Palawan with private tour companies.

Chilli's Backpacker

Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

Consider this N?A because I received email from Chili's Backpackers Hostel a month before my arrival that this hostel is now closed due to the expansion of the airport. I have NOT stayed in this hostel but stayed in Dallas Palawan Hostel instead.

Cebu Guesthouse

Cebu, Philippines

VERY BAD INTERNET connection. Secured by armed guards are very good but wish they would provide us with lockers for dorm guests. Air Conditioning in dormitory is good but not strong enough for you to use blanket.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

great hotel, nice bedroom but two twi n beds into one queen size is bit uncomfortable if you sleep on the middle. Good Air Conditioning!

Hong Kong Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

1 - Staff at reception desk is very friendly but they will enter your room WITHOUT permission to turn off AC or light without your knowledge thus make my property at risk being stolen. 2 - it is NOT mattress to me, its HARD wooden bed without cushion. HARD like a rock as they do not care about you but your money. My back was hurt for 2 days now because of bad mattress. There were history of complain about mattress and they do nothing about it because they do not care about you.

Townhouse Hotel

Manila, Philippines

I reserved the room just because I wanted Air Conditoned. So they took me to room without A/C. I said I want A/C. So they sent me to room with AC and TV for 150 Pesos more without my knowledge. I tried to explain about this to get refund but a old woman, act like a ANGRY BULLDOG enough to make staff scared of her. She was so angry enough that I decided not bother to continue to discuss. Even the A/C was not good. The room finally got cooler because of cooler night. NO TOILET PAPER!

Great hotel.

Tokyo Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

I rated security poor because they will charge you money if you want to use locker. I think all dormitory guest should have access to locker for free or be included in the bed rate. Other than that, I love the character of this hostel. The location is okay because nearest conveience store is about 10 minutes walk from hostel.

Be forewarned! they will ask 3,000 YEN for access card deposit. It caused me to make some plan changes due to low funds but staff is so courtesy and let me lend my driver license in exchange for monetary deposit. WIFI is only good on the 1st floor. On 3rd floor, the WIFI connection is pretty weak.

I rated security low because the small lockers are downstair on the ground floor next to entrance door while ALL bedroom are on 2nd floor and up and I do not see any keys ready for you to use. Someone can just pick up small lockers and run away. Other than that, great hostel but need more character.

no problem staying in the lobby after check out until 6pm using their WIFI during rain... nice hostel.

Awesome hostel! WIFI is very good! Great staff. Excellent information provided for guests. I recommend this hostel!

Peace House Showa

Osaka, Japan

I was bit nervous after finding out they did not have lockers. I have had my stuff stolen in the past and now always want to lock my stuff. No lockers will make me stay at hostel even more and or keep checking to see if my stuff are okay.

Osaka, Japan

The custodial worker guy need to be more friendly and considerate of guests. Other than that, great hostel!

nice hostel, Nice dormitory area. WIFI is good on first floor but not on 5th floor.

Osaka, Japan

good hotel, recommend this hotel for short term stay

Hotel Mikado

Osaka, Japan

great hotel, real close to Subway. Wireless Internet was awesome. Staff is very helpful. Everything to rent is free. I really recommend this hotel!

Narita Airport Hostel

Narita Airport, Japan

Great location if you want to stay near the airport. No need to worry about public transportation to the hostel because owner will BE more than glad to pick you up and drop you off for free (extra cost for after business hour). Owner is very helpful and he make sure that I understand how to use Japanese public transportation system from airport to downtown Tokyo. Very clean hostel and free WIFI is a big PLUS!

Hostel City Maui 2

Maui, USA

Internet is very weak. Went down on my last day and sometimes had to go to McDonalds to upload videos and photo since it doesn't work well at Hostel. Overall, staff are very awesome, very helpful and courtesy at all time. Free shuttle to and from airport which some hostels offer free pick up only.

Staff there is so great. They took extra effort to find my jacket and prepared it for pick up by my friend. Great hostel, great location but the room need floor standing fans since ceiling fan do not work good for people sleeping on bottom bunk bed.

Hostal Chalupa

Tulum, Mexico

Staff is not really talkative. They are TOO busy with computer, maybe with Facebook as if guests are not that important but at least they get money from them. NO computer access... only WIFI.

Hostel Meson de Tulum

Cancun, Mexico

Great hostel! computers NEED big tune up!!! Please get rid of rubber keyboard and change or make different setting on a mouse on different computer. Dormitory need more fans BUT I never felt hot in dorm due to the design and the setting of the hostel, its very cool in dorm. This Hostel lacks brochure with map for the location of Cancun that other hostel have. Great character that make you felt at home! I recommend this hostel!

Tribu Hostel

Holbox Island, Mexico

I choose this hostel for 5 nights because on the hostelworld.com that Internet is free, but when arrived and paid for the room, learned that internet is NOT free, but for WIFI only. Unapologetic staff fixed that, and gave me only free internet for THIS time but not for entire stay. If I knew that its not free, I won't stay more than 2 nights. I also rated Value for Money and Facilities very poor but the rating system do not include those two and it wont affet hostel' rating. Tribu is awesome!

Hostel Che

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Tours list price on the board is for tourists, not for independent backpackers or traveler. The price is too high on some tours. i even managed to get to Tulum, Tulum Ruins, Vallalolid, Chichen Itza and back for about $30 total not $45 special for round trip to Chichen Itza only. Computer is in wrong place during the morning sunny day, it blind you. Air Conditioning in dorm bed is great and really cold! Nice staff.

Hotel Colonial La Aurora

Valladolid, Mexico

Nice and clean hotel. Stayed only for 1 night but so glad they have check out time at 13:00 (1pm) so we have time to get around the Chichen Itza in the morning and return in time before 12:30pm.

Hotel Plaza Cozumel

Cozumel, Mexico

Two computers, but one internet is good function. Very nice hotel. Awesome roof top swimming pool and good breakfast. Be sure to reserve this hotel through Hostelworld.com because you will save maybe 50% of the cost!!!!

Mayan Hostel Cancun

Cancun, Mexico

Was mentioned by the staff that the cost of tour to Chichen Itza is $60 round trip. I asked for other options, but they keep insisting that its the only price. I had to figure out and found a way to go to Chichen Itza for only $18.75 round trip by using Playa Express van from Cancun to Playa del Carmen, then another van from Playa del Carmen to Tulum, then Tulum to Vallaloid, then to Chichen Itza. I know staff knew but they won´t tell me. And, Air Conditioning is ok. Great breakfast!

We sell the tour to chicken itza and it is all inclusive with a buffet lunch($7 value) park entrance($13 value) bi lingual you guide ($50 value) entrance to a cenote($5 value) and direct transportation in one bus(invaluable) if you like to take seven different buses obviously it is cheaper. We are not in the transportation business do not accuse my staff of holding out information when the real problem is your cheap. You could have hitch hiked for free, but our private tour is a little safer and quicker, our transport takes two hours judging by your extensive travels I'm guessing it took you five or more. Add your $18 with lunch, park entrance, guide, cenote and you get 93 usd so how bout that?next time take the chicken bus it's more your price range.

Yaxkin Hostel

Palenque, Mexico

I rated three poor because I was locked inside... had to wait until 7AM opening time so I could get out but did not give me enough time to take more cash for the morning tour. That is why it gave me tight of low cash during the tour. Staff there seemed its not important for me to get out early instead, saying I should climb over the fence. Stupid! Internet is good but closed from around midnight to 7am. The room is HOT and one floor standing fan. Ceiling fan is no good for low bunk bed!

Hostal Akumal

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great homemade breakfast! Erick, the guy who owns this hostel is now on my favorite list, joining 4 others. Dog is awesome and very playful! I might be returning to San Cristobal again on my returning journey back to United States and I will definintely stay at Hostal Akumal again! I love the homemade breakfast! Joined Erick for couple of drinks at nearby bar and we had good time!

Tower Bridge Backpackers

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

ONLY one combination of shower and toilet for 11 men's dormitory bed. Expect to wait until someone done with shower or using toilet.. Internet is free BUT they have only ONE computer, which is on the desk, and you can use it only when Owner is not there, he usually goes in and out the hostel all day. I had to use Internet Cafe so often, thus paying $$. Steve is very hospitable and helpful. Great hostel and I recommend this one for your Puerto Escondido visit!

Hostal Luz de Luna Nuyoo

Oaxaca, Mexico

The reason why I rated facilities poor is that they have very old computer, that I often went out to use Internet Cafe. Computer and Internet use is good for checking emails and information but not for uploading photos. The patio is nice but the problem is that people smokes in the patio, its very close to dormitory and it smells very bad. Staff need to work more on information of the city of Oaxaca. I had to get map from tourism office because they do not have it. Dogs are awesome!

Hostel333

Mexico City, Mexico

Staff need to work more on knowledge of the Mexico City and/or put up more information about the Mexico City. Staff couldn't answer about what time El Angel de la Independica would open, so I had to ask my another Mexican friend who is from Aguaslicalientes to find out the information for me. You will not get code or keys to get in the front door, otherwise you have to scream your lung out to get the door open by someone inside the hostel. Hostel is cozy and nice! Free Internet = value 4 $

Casa San Gallito Hostel

Queretaro, Mexico

Very great hostel! Have locker, two different doors to be locked during night. Great staff, free internet... the only disappointment I have for this hostel is that they do not provide maragine or spread for the breakfast. I dislike peanut butter on toasts. Also great character and decoration, love it here!

Hostal El Virrey

San Luis Potosi, Mexico

VERY clean hostel! also very safe, I felt so comfortable sleeping in there knowing this is very safe hostel. Computer need some tune up to make Internet running smoothly but staff is very attentive and very helpful. This hostel need more information hanging on wall, brochure, map and sightseeing about San Luis Potosi. The hostel's dog is very friendly and playful. Make me wanna keep him! A little disappointment about this hostel is that breakfast only served very limited time. 7 to 9 AM

Hostal Villa Colonial

Zacatecas, Mexico

3rd time at Hostal Villa Colonial, still love it there!

Thank you very much for your visit!!!!

Fernloft (City) Hostel Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

Free internet is what I cherish the most.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very friendly staff, very, very helpful!

Hostel Red Dragon

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No activities except TV. I would rate the Fun part to excellent IF THE INTERNET IS FREE but unfortunately, it is not free. Bathroom is VERY disgusting because of the toilets are very dirty and manually flushing with your hand in the toilet tank to drain your waste. Stained sinks covered with black, need to bleach it out. DISGUSTING ashtray next to sinks.

The Sunflower

Koh Chang, Thailand

The beach nearby were full of rocks and stones. If you want a good beach without rocks and stones, go to hostel by white sand beach. There is no banks and exchange center near the hostel, so you have to get otaxi for $200 bahts one way to get you to the banks or exchange center to change your money. The unoffical money changer near the hostel is a HUGE ripoff and potential for scam, do not trust that small store. At 4pm, he said banks are all closed but exchange centers are still open til 6

Bangkok, Thailand

The staff had great patience when I had a wild time with water gun inside the hostel during Songkran. The hostel had bed bug problem but they had closed the dorm with deep and very detailed cleaning, The Overstay had improved greatly from last year. They only need some more cleaning outside front on the parking lot.

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

The only problem about this hostel is that their computer/internet have problem. They have connection problem. Internet is slow and not effective. Overall, the hostel is very awesome.

Taipei Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Need more character or information all over the hostel walls, map, information is important to backpackers.. Staff need to smile more... there seemed to be very depressing to see staff so serious and or look sad. Taiwanese are know to have sad looks the same as Americans. Only one computer but free internet use and good speed connection.

Taipei BackPackers

Taipei, Taiwan

This hostel is fantastic but would like them to add some more information about Taiwan on wall instead of all complimentary letters from guests. Travelers go to hostel because they knows that most hostels have many good information to share about the local and the country. Taipei Backpackers are very clean hostel, in perfect location, staff is nice, free internet and TV make it less boring during rainny days, Excellent security even tho Taiwan is safe country. Two thumbs up!

Townhouse Hotel

Manila, Philippines

I will still go there again just because of good price, $4 a night for dorm but private room cost $12 a night. Not far from airport but nothing exciting around the hostel.

Friendly's Guesthouse

Manila, Philippines

The AC Dorm room is very good. I noticed the guy keep washing bathroom floor but didn't wash up toilet good. That is why I rate this Cleanliness in good condition not excellent. Paid internet, cheap beer costs, nice balcony for a reasonable price.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

If they either add TV, Internet access or pool game.. then I would rate the fun category to Excellent, This hostel is very good, the staff is great and have no problem with this hostel.

Jasmine Family Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Good hostel, good staff.. but the computers and the internet connection there are really BAD enough to make you go out and go to Internet Cafe.

Bangkok, Thailand

no water first three days were terrible... but they found way to restore it.. hostel need to keep clean.. but they finally have maid which will make hostel look clean at some times This is my 2nd visit and I love this hostel. BEST of the Best, cheap and easy going... no crap, no whines and staff are great... just another bad day for them without water... but I know it wont happen again. Love you Overstay!

Pad D Backpackers Inn

Kota Bharu, Malaysia

New Hostel, opened in January 2010. Very good with security, the two gates always locked whenever staff is out and during night. Location is great with 10 minutes to the central downtown and is close to two 7 and 11, McDonalds, KFC and Night Market. Staff is very, very helpful and very considerate when I had experienced a problem, and they were eager to help you in need. The hostel is very clean and very comfortable. Just mosquitoes and little critters are the pest but I stayed here 3 weeks with no

If the hostel have free internet provided..I would rate Fun as excellent.. or even maybe a new billiard table or mini bar. The staff is helpful and friendly, had patience communicating with me because I am deaf traveler. The only drawback that they issued me A WRITTEN ticket for the package tour on my rush departure to Malaysia border to avoid overstay the visa.. the bus driver took and kept the written ticket, and the new bus driver didn't have it... I HAD to pay new ticket again, and I got severely bro

Coolphuket hostel

Phuket Town, Thailand

It sure look like a hotel to me.. I wish the staff is more helpful... Have great TV and many channels but no DVD movies.

Pineapple Guesthouse

Phuket, Thailand

Wish this hostel would be located in Patong Beach... and also would be nice if this hostel have more information to share with others about the location, the best place to drink or shop.

Love Lane Inn

Penang, Malaysia

I busted the night watch man stealing my binocular. I asked him to watch my two packs in the morning so I can go buy drinks and snacks. When I checked the smaller pack, things do not look right and found out that my binocular is not there.. I knocked on the door and asked where is it.. he found it and said that I left in the folded bedsheet. HOW can binocular walked from pack to the sheet on the desk? Free but very slow internet for 30 mins. Jimmy and other staff is fantastic.

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

Good and great hostel.. Have free internet and have TV...

Shanghai Hotel

Ipoh, Malaysia

Its hotel not hostel....but comfortale, safe and nice, have A/C and the price is very reasonable.

Titiwangsa City Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

For security, if they add lockers then I will rate excellent... and for location, the hostel is perfectly located but the outside buildings around are creepy. So, whomever you walking up to the hostel, do NOT let outside surrounding the hostel fool you... its very clean inside the hostel. The owner and the staff of the hostel is fanastic and their service is top rated! Great people! Just word of caution, the tile floors on the stairs by the bathroom is very slippery if you have wet foot.

Hotel Sri Emas

Jerantut, Malaysia

Hotel Sri Emas

Jerantut, Malaysia

no fun there.. .internet is very bad... and even it was so slow and you still have to pay for it... I dont mind pay for the internet but NOT slow one. Overall, the hostel is very good, best for anyone to stay for one night before heading to Taman Negara National Park.

Hostel Cosmopolitan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Love this hostel! this hostel is also going to be expanded to accompany more guests on 2 floors.

Jalan-Jalan Besi

Melaka, Malaysia

Visited this hostel twice..love the staff... very extreme friendly.. I would rate "good" if the internet is not free... but since the staff never mind that I use internet without paying more than 30 minute usage...definintely will visit again if I decide to go to Melaka again.