Crafoord Place

Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel was very clean: dorm, common areas and bathrooms. The kitchen was the best stoked I've seen in a hostel. There was free coffee, tea, oil, herbs and spices to share. There wasn't a lot of showers, but surprisingly that was never a problem. Some people said it was difficult to find, but I didn't have a problem. I suggest you get a map at the train / bus station and the lady at the info kiosk can point out where the hostel is.

• 6th Oct 2013

Hostel Lodi

Rome, Italy

Well located in a quiet neighborhood, not near all the attractions, but near a subway station. They have a beautiful big garden where they serve you breakfast and you can hang out at night. Wifi worked well and they have 2 free computers you can use. My room had 4 beds in a place where a lot of other hostels would have put 6, the space was welcome. The only downside is: there is only one key per room so you leave the key at the reception, it's kind of a weird system.

• 26th Jul 2012

Rooms Montalbano

Rovinj, Croatia

This is not a hostel per say, but a family house where they rent rooms. Every room has its own bathroom. There is no common space to meet other people, which was disappointing. There is no kitchen where you may cook, but there was a mini fridge in my room where I could put food I had bought. There is no AC so it can get hot, but there was a small fan in my room. The street can get noisy very early in the morning, but the location is great and beautiful in the old town!

• 16th Jul 2012