Reviews: richardjwest6794

Helmers-Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A fine place to stay in Amsterdam, terrace was great to relax on and the room was clean and tidy on arrival. Greg was friendly and helpful, totally recommend renting bikes, then you can really explore... shared bathroom was beautiful and spotless. I would definitely stay there again.

Tropic Inn

Colombo, Sri Lanka

I can't properly rate this hostel since, despite booking 2 weeks in advance, no room was available for my visit. I was given a much lower standard room in a hotel several miles from mount lavinia instead, no deposit has yet been refunded and the driver who collected us from the airport was nearly an hour late. I've never received such bad service in my life, don't believe the hype.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

beautiful riad and fantastic staff but shame about the room... it was very noisy, right next to the kitchen & breakfast area and the shower flooded, leaving all my clothes and wallet damp just before we left. fran and the guys were brilliant tho and trip to the desert was ace, shame about the noise and plumbing. breakfast also could have been better, I had to go eat again afterwards coz I was still hungry.

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

the hostel can be a bit noisy at night times but nothing that a decent pair of earplugs wouldn't resolve. staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms excellent and overall I wouldn't hesitate to come stay here again. great location with views of table mountain from some of the rooms and secure parking for guests with cars. I would recommend CTB without hesitation.

The Pink House

Sydney, Australia

had a problem with the room booking which took a while to sort but hey, it was mardi gras weekend... hostel was cool tho, great location and we managed to get everything sorted in the end. room could have been better cleaned but no serious complaints, staff were very helpful.

Planet Inn Backpackers

Perth, Australia

our rom was double booked but the very helpful staff managed to sort everything out late at night so we had somewhere to sleep. very useful advice on local facilities and it seemed like a great place to stay

Thank you. It is always very much appreciated when guests take the time to say nice things in writing. Most of our guests are happy but those who are not typically tend to vent their feelings externally instead of bring it to the Manager's attention, so that their problem can be solved. I hope you have a great stay throughout your time in Australia.