Reviews: kelgell

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 34

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

The room was fabulous and clean and warm and appeared reasonably new. The downfall was the mattresses. They were springy and uncomfortable. Staff did give us an extra doona each to lay on top of the mattress and it made it much better. Fix the mattress issue and it's a fabulous place to stay and an excellent location right in the heart of York's city centre. Staff also listened with sympathy and concern when I mentioned the mattress issue.

• 25th Mar 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Fort, we hope to welcome you back again one day! We do apologise that the mattress was not comfortable for you, but pleased to hear that this problem was rectified immediately and with sincere concern. We are very lucky to be the most central hostel in York and this along with our fantastic facilities is what makes The Fort so attractive to a large variety of guests.

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

• 20th Oct 2012

Sin City Hostel

Las Vegas, USA

The first night we stayed we had sheets with spots all over them. It looked like bleached spots from an accident but it made us feel like they were really grimy and grotty. We weren't too keen on sleeping in them. I didn't like the plastic on the beds either as it made my back hot and sweaty against it. It's a pretty basic, dingey hostel but it was cheap. The staff were very friendly and helpful though.

We didn't spend much time in the hostel but the staff were helpful. My only bother was that we couldn't get two blankets on the cold night we stayed coz there weren't enough to go around.