Location: Portugal, Gender: Male, Age: 37

Luiz Leblon Guest House

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Luiz is a very friendly and helpful guy: he gave us plenty of tips on where to go and what to visit. We thought this place was slightly overpriced, but it's in the heart of Leblon and 2 blocks away from the beach, so well worth it. Breakfast is great, full of great fruit. Luiz comes to chat with customers every morning, making the atmosphere quite personal. We will come back!

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse

Hida Takayama, Japan

Rooms are nice, the kitchen and fridge are quite ok and the showers are also good and clean. On the other hand, there is no elevator (tough if you end up on the 4th floor) and the common lounge lacks character. Still, location is great between the train station and the city center.

Thank you for your honest review and feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lack of an elevator. The location of J-Hoppers is indeed very convenient. We hope to see you again sometime in the future. Arigato Gozaimasu!

This is what a hostel is all about: friendly staff, great ambiance in the japanese style lounge area (people just chilling or havig dinner and chatting), nice kitchen and utensils, and good value for money laundry service. Toilets and showers were impeccably clean. Only minus: our room smelled terribly bad (that smell of old shoe that sticks to your nose). We had that smell in other areas (because people are supposed to take their shoes off at the corridor). They need to improve that.

Lucky Family Hostel

Beijing, China

This hostel is too expensive for what it is. It's close to the subway station (5min walk), but not easy to find. The common areas are too small (2 rooms converted into lounges), that breaks the atmosphere. Internet only works in the lounges, and is slow. Also, when I asked which bus goes to the great wall, they wanted me to take their tour, when I said I didnt want it, they basically ignored me. Don't fall for the trap, take bus 916 to the wall, so much cheaper! One plus: breakfast is good

Thanks for your recommend, I believe our staff didn,t ignore you. We do better next time. Also you said our hostel is too expensive, I just want to say, If our hostel is too bad, we will not have a lot of foreign friends. We can do best, welcome you next time to our hostel. Hope you will have a good time at our hostel. Thanks again!

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

This is a great hostel! The staff is simply amazing, so kind and helpful. We lost one of our bags in the train to Guilin and the staff went to great lenghts to help us (they called the train station and even picked the bag up for us!). The atmosphere is super relaxing and the food is awesome. Even the tours they propose are nice and relatively cheap. We really loved it, the guys at Wada are doing a great job! Keep it up!

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

A nice hostel, but a bit too crowded. Good to meet people, bad for peace and quiet. Good transport connections

This is a beautiful hostel with a main plus: the room was AWESOME! Better than some 4 star hotels I've stayed in. I mean, where can you find a hostel with a choice for watching a movie in your own bed? Apart from that, the common area was really cozy, bike rental cheap and easy, staff was super helpful and the whole place was very clean. It's a great choice! Be aware that it's not in the city centre, but bus 3 and 4 are very close (4 is very frequent) and they take you to the centre in 10m

Nova Traveller's Lodge

Chengdu, China

You can tell that folks at the Nova know their stuff: everything a traveller needs is available, from laundry services to desktops to wifi..even a post box! This hostel is great, and staff is super helpful: they helped us a lot buying a train ticket from Shanghai to Beijing. Another positive thing: they don't try to rip you off with tour prices and food. And another positive thing: it's right in front of the inexpensive bus that takes you to town for 2¥ Don't hesitate, the place is great!

Dear,Thank you for the affirmation of our work,we will try our best do the better in the future.

Dixo's Oporto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This is really one of my favorite hostels: the owner is so nice and warm, everyone tries to make you feel at home, the beds are big and spacious, lockers are included in the price, location is great, breakfast is better than most hotels. Don't miss out!

we thought it was a bit too expensive for what it is. It's at least a 10 min walk to the edge of the old town, 15min to main square. Also, the blankets were very small, and no central heating (only a dodgy radiator)

Braga POP Hostel

Braga, Portugal

I definitely recommend this hostel; it's very well located, super clean and cosy, free wifi available and nice places to chat and meet people. You can tell this was a place thought of with great dedication and care. The only negative things in my opinion are the breakfast (very poor) and the fact that it's on top of the 3rd floor...tough to climb after any long trip.

Dixo's Oporto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This is an amazing hostel. Incredibly clean, the breakfast is better than in many 4-star hotels I have been to, and the staff is super nice and friendly. Plus, it's quite close to the main areas of Porto, and they have free Walking Tours 11h everyday (don't miss out on them!).

Oporto Sky Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is excellent in terms of cleanliness, staff helpfulness and location (very close to the awesome Basilica), and rooms are big. Also, it has a trendy bar at the ground floor that is always full of people; be aware that on fridays and saturday nights this bar is packed and the hostel is noisy, so just be careful to ask for a room in the back, where the noise is almost zero

Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is great, don't mind the other comments about the noise: you just need to be careful if you arrive on Friday and Saturday night, the other days are fine as the bar is closed or empty. To be safe, ask for a room in the back where noise is low. This hostel is great value for money!

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Budapest, Hungary

It was very clean and very silent actually, and people were very nice, congratulations!

Arthotel Munich

Munich, Germany

it sounds better than it really is.. the rooms look like a dorm. It is very well placed though

The LONDON EYE Hostel

The room was quite small, and so was the bed. The sheets were never changed during my 4-day stay. Also, it is still a 10 minute walk from the underground. The positive aspects of the hostel were that you can use the kitchen anytime you like; it's like being at home, and that creates it quite a cosy environment. It is very safe and quiet at the surroundings of the hostels, and you even have some off-licence stores nearby, to make it through expensive london. I recommend it, but some aspects should be improved.