Reviews: c93003454707

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 42

Santa Ana Colors, Madrid, Spain
14th Aug 2016

Big thank you to Aitor the hostel manager, he makes sure your stay is good and comfy. Hostel location is unbeatable at a more quiet street at Puerto del Sol, that would give travelers some peace and quiet after a long day out sightseeing or maybe just arrived from a long flight by train or air. I had a wonderful stay at Santa Ana Colors, recommended!

LeonHostel, Leon, Spain
12th Aug 2016

I had a great stay at Leon Hostel: awesome staff, great location and value for money. Recommended!

Hostal Hotil, La Coruna, Spain
10th Aug 2016

Very mixed feeling about this hostel: it's location is good where is situated in a street full of eateries, my room was clean but it is small and basic, the hostel grading is a bit questionable for it's ***grade? A lot of ***grade hostels or hotels really make up to the standard. Good for a night or two for transit where you get what you pay for: hot shower, wifi, bed, charging phone and camera. (I actually got my info about Coruna from another hotel and from the tourist info center)

Hostal R. Mexico, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
8th Aug 2016

Awesome front staff, nice attitude and efficient, my room was made everyday, location is terrific: near train station and old town. Shops, cafes, restaurants and supermarket close by. Recommended!

Dear Porto Guest House, Porto, Portugal
3rd Aug 2016

Thumbs up to this family run hostel in Porto: awesome staff, great location and clean room. I had a great stay at Dear Porto Guest House. Recommended!

30th Jul 2016

A bit mixed feelings about this hostel: hostel staff are nice (depending who you met) thank you to Anna and the Swiss guy, they are great. Location (fortunately I read the reviews before going to avoid the killer steep road leading to the hostel) , location is actually good because it's just 5 mins downhill to the Avenida Metro Station but when I head back to the hostel, I'd rather walk back from Maques de Pombal. Not much atmosphere (not that I am a partying person, it's just the way I felt).

New York Budget Inn, New York, USA
28th Jul 2015

The staff at NY Budget Inn are amazing, nice and helpful. Within 10-15 mins walk will get you to the Empire State Building.The hostel is in a busy yet safe neigbourhood, Murray Hills ,where you can find coin laundry, supermarkets and a lot of restaurants and cafes. It's closest subway station is on the 33rd street which would take you to wherever you wanna go in Mahattan and Brooklyn. Will definitely go back to this hostel when I next visit New York.

Hotel Villa, Montreal, Canada
25th Jul 2015

The staff of Hotel Villa are great! The location of Villa is excellent,I found it safe to walk around, easy access to Beri Uqam and other subway stations which brings you anywhere you wanna go. With less than 1/2 hour walking, you arrive Montreal Old Town. 5 mins walk to the 747 Airport Bus taking you direct to the Montreal Airport.Need improvements:it was quite warm in my room even I switched air con to its MAX cool. The shower room on 5/F was not as great as those on the other floors.

19th Jul 2015

The staff are nice and helpful. It is good that they provide free breakfast and they have a well equipped kitchen (but can be crowded if everybody is preparing meals at almost the same time).

• Canada, Mixed Group, 41+
Arthouse Hostel, Launceston, Australia
21st Feb 2015

I am writing this review on behalf of my dad. We had a great stay at the Arthouse. In fact, it is my second time stay at the Arthouse, I brought my dad to Launceston in this 2nd visit to this amazing city. The Arthouse warm hospitality made our stay superb!

Well, what can I say? Many thanks! Your high rating and great compliments really made our day!

The Pickled Frog, Hobart, Australia
17th Feb 2015

Nice and friendly staff. Free rides to the sanctuary and Mt Wellington. Good rooms, chill areas, common areas and kitchen. Better Wifi reception near the reception at less busy time in the morning. I love the huskies (dogs-one boy and one girl) They are nice ambassadors at the hostel. Would revisit when I am in Hobart.

I'm sure the ambassadors (dogs) loved you too! Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. Safe travels...

Locanda Della Biscia, Ferrara, Italy
14th Aug 2014

All I can remember is Gypsy the big black dog. I guess Gypsy is more tourist friendly than its owner. The hostel is actually well situated near the old town. However the instruction of getting there from the railway station is not clear at all. I took taxi from the railway station to Locanda Della Biscia and took the bus (which only cost 1.5EUR) on the departure date back to the railway station. I guess the owner could have done a little bit more in the hospitality of the guests?

Connection Guesthouse, Budapest, Hungary
11th Aug 2014

This is my 2nd visit at Connection Guesthouse. Nice and comfy as usual, keep it up!

Mosquito Hostel, Krakow, Poland
10th Aug 2014

Thumbs up to all the Mosquito staff, you are awesome! The hostel is clean and well situated near the old town. The breakfast, cakes and dinner meals are delicious. You feel safe and comfortable just like home! I wish I should have spent more days at Mosquito Hostel. Highly recommend to travellers going to Krakow. I would definitely stay at Mosquito Hostel if I will re visit Krakow in the future!

Hostel Aleje 28, Krakow, Poland
7th Aug 2014

An average hostel. The staff are nice and friendly.

Moon Hostel - Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
5th Aug 2014

Big thank you to all the staff at Moon Hostel. You guys are awesome! The hostel is well situated near the old town. Can get there on foot within 15 mins. There are buses just round the corner near the hostel. There are many restaurants, cafes, convenient stores, supermarkets near the hostel. I had a nice stay at Moon Hostel.

Prague City Pension, Prague, Czech Republic
31st Jul 2014

Big thank you to the staff at Prague City Pension, especially to the 'Big' guy at the front desk. He might seem grumpy but he is actually a very nice guy. The hostel is slightly away from the tourist attractions but that's OK because I walked to the old town for less than 20 mins. I enjoyed every moment at Prague. I have had a few very nice meals at the restaurants near Prague City Pension. Do walk around the neighbourhood near this hostel, it's quite safe.

Lollis Homestay, Dresden, Germany
30th Jul 2014

An above average hostel, the free veggie dinner is awesome. The staff are nice and friendly.

Vannis Haus, Berlin, Germany
26th Jul 2014

A nicely decorated hostel in Berlin. I enjoyed my stay at Vannis Haus.

Motel Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
25th Jul 2014

Motel Hamburg is more than what I have expected! First of all, the staff are really helpful and polite and the BEST of all, they remember you and call your name when you arrived! (After a while on the road, it's really nice to have somebody calling your name like a friend/relative to remind you, you are 'valued' as a person). Second, the deco in the motel is really interesting to me because it's not anything from IKEA but it's more like you are staying in a classy hotel with oak wood furnitur

Hotel De Fierlant, Brussels, Belgium
22nd Jul 2014

Situated in a quiet neighbourhood, Hotel de Fierlant is a hub for travellers expecting a good rest for the next leg of the journey. The hotel staff are informative and helpful. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is awesome with a good variety of hot or cold meals. The hotel itself is within less than 15 mins walk from the Central Station. Although it is not situated in the tourist area, I mainly rely on the trams found near to the hotel. I highly recommend it to travellers.

The Quentin England Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
19th Jul 2014

I had a good stay at Quentin England Hotel.

Cologne downtown hostel, Cologne, Germany
24th Jun 2014

One of the best hostel I have ever stayed in my global trip. Thumbs up to Cologne Downtown hostel, it's great! Big thank you to Linda and Marco for their help enabling me to change my check in date without conditions. Definitely will return to this hostel if I will travel to Cologne again.

Wake Up! Sydney Central, Sydney, Australia
7th Feb 2014

A good hostel in Sydney downtown.

Hi There, Thanks for leaving us your thoughts. I Hope we see you again soon. Wake Up! Management

Arthouse Hostel, Launceston, Australia
4th Feb 2014

The builiding itself is an Art, it's a beautiful old builiding. It's really romantic to see the sun setting from the balcony. The staff are helpful and friendly at this hostel. The kitchen is well equipped. Pros and cons about the heavy locks on the doors: they are very secure and safe and locks well BUT can be loud.

Thank you so much. We love our building too and have spent a lot of time and effort to enhance the charm of the 1888 architecture. Thanks for joining us for drinks on the balcony - I trust you enjoyed a $2 beer! We hope to see you again.

Hobart Hostel, Hobart, Australia
29th Jan 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Hobart Hostel. The staff are nice and helpful. I would definitely return to Hobart Hostel if I will visit Hobart in the future.

Hotel MyStays Nippori, Tokyo, Japan
27th Dec 2013

The hotel is at a good location. Only takes like 5 mins to walk from hotel to the closest Nippori JR station or another subway line. The facilities and the rooms are a bit worn out, deco of the 90s.

Thank you so much for staying and posting your comment. We are sorry that the facilities are a little old as you say, however; our cleaning staffs are keeping them clean everyday. Hope you will stay this Hotel again and stay longer. There is a 24-hour open super market near by. The location may be convenient for every guest. We deeply appreciate your kind comment and hope to see you in the near future. Sincerely,

Piece Hostel Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
24th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed! Helpful staff, new and clean facilities, the location is unbeatable. Highly recommended.

21st Dec 2013

A good place to have a rest after a long day out sight seeing in Osaka. The hotel is eco friendly. The staff are efficient and polite.

Antica Villa Graziella**, Venice Mestre, Italy
15th Aug 2013

Really really good location, close to a supermarket and easy bus rides to Venice and Marco Polo International Airport.

Tresor Hostel, Ljubljana, Slovenia
12th Aug 2013

Nice hostel in a prime location.

Art Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
11th Aug 2013

I only stayed at this hostel for less than 10 hours, it has provided the things I needed: a hot shower, a bed, sockets for my phone and batteries, a local map...etc.

Bulovic Guesthouse, Split, Croatia
10th Aug 2013

Bulovic Guesthouse's location is unbeatable: Close to the train/bus station,the market and the Diocesian Palace and the pier.

Vila Park, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
9th Aug 2013

Vila Park is near to the railway/ bus station, supermarket and restaurants. Walking to the Mostar Bridge is not far, around 10-15 mins, depending on your pace. I would return to Vila Park if I am in Mostar.

Markale, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
7th Aug 2013

Thank you Adean (the owner) and Helen (the lady who works day-shift). The hostel is well maintained and clean. It is close to supermarket and vegetables market. Can reach major attractions within walking distance. I would definitely stay with Markale if I am in Sarajevo.

BB'S House, Belgrade, Serbia
6th Aug 2013

I have stayed in this hostel for less than 12 hours. I think it is a good hostel because the staff are friendly and helpful. The bathroom and toilets are clean and they let us use the kitchen.

Connection Guesthouse, Budapest, Hungary
4th Aug 2013

I just love 'Connection Guesthouse'! It's nicely decorated and it's sparkling clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely return to Connection Guesthouse if I next visit Budapest.

Retro Youth Hostel, Cluj Napoca, Romania
3rd Aug 2013

It's an above average YH in Cluj. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Kismet Dao Hostel, Brasov, Romania
2nd Aug 2013

It's nice to stay at Kismet Dao Hostel. The staff are helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again when I am in Brasov.

Umbrella Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
30th Jul 2013

Miss you all, guys! Was in Bucharest in August and met all the friendly and helpful staff at Umbrella. Big thank you to the 'kitchen angel'!

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
29th Jul 2013

I have had a nice stay at this hostel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The free meals were super! I definitely would recommend this hostel to travellers.

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
27th Jul 2013

Great stay at a great hostel in Sofia!

RentRooms Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
23rd Jul 2013

Nice hostel near to the major attractions and stuff. The breakfast is awesome!

Alsos House, Kalambaka, Greece
21st Jul 2013

I am very thankful to the host, Mr Jon, for his hospitality and help when I was in Kalambaka. I had an incredible nice room with a stunning view. I highly recommend this hostel to any travellers going to Kalambaka.

Railway Square YHA, Sydney, Australia
5th Apr 2013

Just stayed there one night. Overall impression of this hostel is not bad.

Travellers Oasis, Cairns, Australia
1st Apr 2013

I would like to thank Gabriel who hosted the BBQ dinner, it was awesome! Stephenie and Helen are of great help to everybody at the hostel. Thank you so much!!

Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort, Surfers Paradise, Australia
28th Mar 2013

The staff at the reception are friendly and helpful. The overall impression of this hostel is good.

Chiyoda Inn, Tokyo, Japan
13th Feb 2013

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in my trips around the world. Many thanks to the hostel manger and the staff. They are all kind and helpful!

Hotel Le Magnan, Avignon, France
6.0
13th Aug 2012

The staff are OK people. You ask questions, they answer. That's it. I have been to Avignon before so I don't really bother having too many un-necessary request. This hostel is very basic and it is farther from the railway station (regional train) than what I had expected. Friendly reminder to the guests who will be staying at this hostel: there is no elevator.

Nouvel Hotel **, Nice, France
11th Aug 2012

This hotel is pretty average but the location is un-beatable. It is quite close to the beach and the train station. The hostel (hotel) staff is quite nice, especially the more mature lady, she always smiles and her attitude is very positive. That is really an add-on to this hostel.

10th Aug 2012

This hostel is clean and new and there is a guest kitchen. If I will be back to Vienna, I would go back to this hostel. As for the location, it is quite far than what I have expected.

Hello Thank you very much for your comment and rating. We really appreciate it. That would be very nice if we can welcome you here again in Meininger Sissi. Take Care and see you soon Your M-Team

Hotel Drei Raben, Graz, Austria
6.9
9th Aug 2012

this hostel is quite basic and it's OK to me because I just stayed for 1 night.

Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre, Zagreb, Croatia
6.9
7th Aug 2012

i enjoyed Zagreb (the city) myself. The location is not bad, the hostel staff are in general friendly, nice and helpful.

Kolega Guesthouse, Zadar, Croatia
5th Aug 2012

I am very thankful to the host's help. He is very helpful and nice. His home is very clean and tidy and it feels like at home. Thank you so much! If I will be in Croatia again, I would definitely stay at this hostel again!

3rd Aug 2012

This hostel is at the prime location. I stayed in a room with no air con which is quite unbearable in the evening...

Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia
1st Aug 2012

I am thankful to the host for his help and hospitality. I have a pleasant stay at this hostel.

5.7
30th Jul 2012

very average hostel

Bologna Old Town, Bologna, Italy
28th Jul 2012

Nice hostel, clean and spacious.

Backpackers INSIDE, Seoul, South Korea
11th Apr 2012

This is my second stay at this hostel. The location is good.

HotelHotel Hostel, Seattle, USA
3rd Apr 2012

Seattle is a nice and friendly city. HotelHotel Hostel is a comfortable hostel. It is clean and the staff are helpful. I will definitely return to it if I go to Seattle again. Thank you for every thing.

Archi Rossi Hostel, Florence, Italy
17th Aug 2011

Thank you for everything. I had a nice stay in Florence.

Corniglia Dream Rooms, Cinque Terre, Italy
6.3
16th Aug 2011

This B & B was not as 'welcoming' as expected. The host lady bearly spoke to me when I arrived, she got the room payment and she disappeared. The 'Cinderella'- like servant girl had helped a little bit. The overall impression was just so-so, this B & B is overcharged and the staff is quite 'cold'. Yes, the view was awesome, that was the only good thing about this B & B

6.7
15th Aug 2011

Maura left me a message at the door of his B & B telling me to spend a night at a nearby 'hotel', well... I don't find it tooooo upsetting. I found it alright staying at the hotel. The day I stayed in Genova, it was a public holiday. The city was very quiet. I hang around for like 4 hours and I spent the rest of the day sleeping at the hotel.

9.3
13th Aug 2011

I just wanna say 'Thank you' to all the folks at St Ex. I had a great time in Nice, it was really 'nice'. Great, helpful, cheerful staff and the chef (great cook, indeed!), all willingly to give help to travellers.

Vertigo Centre, Marseille, France

7th Aug 2011

Choiseul Hotel, Bordeaux, France
5.7
5th Aug 2011

well... If you are with a tight budget... then go for it.

Backpackers INSIDE, Seoul, South Korea
29th Apr 2011

22nd Apr 2011

thank you Johnny for your hospitality, aloha.

CCLy Hostel, Catania, Italy
6th Aug 2010

the design is fabulous.

Seven Hostel, Sorrento, Italy
3rd Aug 2010

Nice design hostel. The day trip to Capri is definitely a MUST, it was really great, fun and worthwhile.

2nd Aug 2010

The host couple is nice and friendly.

Khaosan Tokyo Samurai, Tokyo, Japan
17th Feb 2010

I had a nice stay at Khaosan Tokyo Samuarai, will definitely stay at this hostel again in the next visit.

Thank you for staying with us. We're really happy to read your kind comment. We're looking forward to seeing you again!

Hotel Sol Algarve, Faro, Portugal
6.0
6th Aug 2009

dont expect much from this hotel, just have a shower and a night rest and move on quickly to Seville

Rossio Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
5th Aug 2009

highly recommended for honeymooners. the staff are helpful and friendly. the breaskfast is awesome! yummy homemade pancakes. i feel very warm and welcoming. love this hostel, would definitely come back to Rossio when I am in Lisbon, keep it up, folks!

Youth Hostel Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
7.0
2nd Aug 2009

i just took a rest at this hostel for a few hours before my next leg to Portugal. there is only ONE microwave in this hostel. don't expect to prepare a big meal. I did not expect much from this hostel anyways.

Hotel Bulevar Burgos, Burgos, Spain
1st Aug 2009

this hotel is clean and it is close to major attractions in Burgos.

David Quinn, San Sebastian, Spain
31st Jul 2009

thank you David and his staff for the great hospitality, i enjoyed my stay very much!