Reviews: katielane18

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 35

This is a really great hostel. The rooms and beds are great and comfortable. The showers are pretty good. The pool and bar area is wonderful. The staff is really nice and friendly but everything is very slow. It took over 30 minutes to check in and anytime you needed to ask for something it took a long time.

It's a really beautiful hostel with an excellent staff. It's really clean and has a great bar. There are lots of good places to eat nearby and it's really close to the trains. I would definitely stay here again.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

I really liked this hostel. The staff is so great. They're really helpful and fun. One of them even took us to a karaoke bar one night! It was a great time! The location is excellent, just steps away from the geishas, right in Gion. Near lots of sights, restaurants, and bars. Overall highly highly recommended.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that our service made your stay more comfortable. Well, our location is one of the best in Kyoto. It is easy to anywhere and you can see geishas nearby. We hope we will se you again!!

This is an excellent hostel. The staff is great. The beds are great. It's very clean. I would definitely recommend a stay here. And the activities run by the hostel are great too.

Thank you for your comment! Glad you enjoyed our events:) Please come back anytime! Thank you;)

Reggae Guest House

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Well it's a good hostel except that we got bed bugs. We reported it to the staff and they didn't seem surprised. They just changed our room and we later saw they had put someone else in our bed bug room. I would definitely not stay here or recommend this place considering their lax attitude about bed bugs.

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

First of all, the hostel is really clean. Except for the dorm room I stayed in, which was MUCH more the fault of the other guests. They were all long term guests and had made the room really cluttered and messy. It was clean but there was stuff everywhere. I could barely walk through the room. This is obviously not the hostels fault but asking them to keep tidy would be a good idea. The staff, however, was lovely. Really sweet and helpful. Despite my bad roommates I would stay here again.

Sp@Itaewon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

It's a pretty crowded, small hostel but it's nice. The staff is really helpful and fun. The location is good (if you don't mind walking up hill and a lot of stairs, but it's really not bad). The bathrooms were really dirty though. There were leftover toiletries everywhere and hair covering the drain. Last time I was there the bathroom was very clean so not sure what's going on. I've stayed at other hostels in the area and this one is the best by far, in my opinion. I'll be back.

Backpackers Travellers Inn

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This hostel is very cheap . But, I think I would rather spend a little more and get something a lot nicer. The lady who works the desk is not friendly or helpful. She seems put out by tiny requests and isn't helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor and the Wifi doesn't work up there. The bathrooms are in rough shape and do not have toilet paper (you have to pay for it). They don't provide sheets either. Although our room was so hot we couldn't use them anyway. Overall, there are better choices.

Kimberley House

Penang, Malaysia

It's a really beautiful building that is cutely decorated. It's a new hostel so perhaps some of the kinks will be worked out. Staff wasn't rude but they weren't helpful either. Bed was pretty comfortable. Georgetown is very small so it's hard to have a bad location. Overall I have stayed in much better hostels in Penang but I think this one will get better with time.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It's a great, fun hostel. It's a bit expensive for KL but you get a lot for that money, including a good free breakfast, clean place with nice beds and bathrooms, a fun and helpful staff, and much more. I have stayed in several hostels in KL and this is easily my favorite.

@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

I only stayed here for about 12 hours but I found everything to be excellent. The staff was really nice, it was very clean, and the restaurant was delicious. The beds were really comfortable and the lockers are huge. They even provide towel, soap, and shampoo. I can't say much about the location except that it's very convenient being near the train station and there are loads of tuk tuks and taxis outside.

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

This is my third time staying here because it's a great hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is excellent. The beds are comfy but you can ever so slightly feel the springs in them. I also really don't like when hostels provide lockers but no locks. However, those complaints are so minor and I would absolutely recommend staying here.

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This hostel is definitely a good choice, especially considering the price. The rooms are fine, the showers and bathrooms are fine, the location is good. What makes this place great, though, is the staff. Every single one of them was so friendly and so helpful. They make a decent hostel a great hostel. I would recommend it and I will be back.

The location is great. The staff is okay. Not rude or anything but not overly helpful. The beer and food are really expensive and they charge 15 Yuan for a map. It's clean though and the beds are decent. For the price and location I would say it's a good choice.

Old Town Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

It's good because it's the only hostel in the center. The staff is great and the beds are very comfortable.

Hostel Trogir

Trogir, Croatia

The staff was so so nice. It was very clean and close to everything. The beds were a little uncomfortable but nothing bad. I would stay here again for sure.

Hostel Casa Vecchia

Brela, Croatia

This is an amazing place to stay. The hostel is great, Greg is nice and fun, and Brela is really beautiful.

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

It was an average hostel, nothing too good and nothing too bad.

Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

This is such a great hostel! The staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. They make you feel welcome and comfortable right away. The location is a bit out of center but there is still lots around it so it doesn't really matter. I would absolutely stay here again.

Hotel Central Station

Milan, Italy

This is definitely a great place to stay if you are just in Milan quickly, it is so close to the train station. It is not somewhere to meet people and have fun. But the place is incredibly clean and the staff is lovely. I had a really nice dorm room and shower.

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

It's a nice hostel. The hostel has some of the best staff I have ever experienced at a hostel. They are fantastic. They AirCon situation is annoying.

Equity Point Centric

Barcelona, Spain

I thought this hostel was pretty good. Nothing too special but I had no complaints either. All in all, a good choice.

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

The staff is so great here. Very friendly and helpful. They are definitely the best part about the hostel. In fact, I have only one complaint. The AirCon! You have to ask for it to be turned on in your room but they don't leave it on. Every night around 3am I would wake up sweating and have to go downstairs and ask for it to be turned back on, only to wake up 3 hours later with it off again. Rooms were boiling! Other than that, very good.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

This was a good hostel in a great location in Madrid. The staff is very nice and helpful. The check in time is WAY too late. A bit annoying but no big deal. Overall a good stay and I would stay here again.

There is nothing bad about this hostel, but nothing great about it either. Lisbon is very small but this hostel isn't close to any of the main things. It was very clean and pleasant enough though.

Equity Point Metropol

Madrid, Spain

It was a pretty good hostel, not great but not bad. The breakfast was not very good. There are no lockers but rooms are locked. The bar was nice but the beer was expensive. The WiFi is for 30 minutes only at a time so it keeps kicking you off, you can sign back it but it is annoying.

This hostel has a few good things going for it. The woman working there, is great. The cleaning staff is great and the hostel was very clean at all times. It was a really fun hostel, mostly because of the other guests there but it was such a fun time. The bad things are mostly Abdir, not sure exactly his name, but he is incompetent and inappropriate. The screwed up everyone\'s bookings and people showed up with no room or in dorms when they had booked doubles, etc. Th

Discovery Cafe & Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

This hostel is great for lots of reason but mostly the staff. They are so wonderful, friendly, and helpful. I had a great time here and I would definitely recommend staying here!

Fernloft City (Chinatown)

Singapore, Singapore

Fernloft is such an amazing hostel for so many reasons but mostly because of Aunty Aini!!! She is so great. There aren't enough words. She is fun and accommodating. She not only knows where all the best sights and food are but she will sometimes go with you. The hostel is great and clean and the beds are comfortable and the location is great, close to everything. But Aunty Aini is what really makes this hostel the best!!! STAY HERE!! Don't even look elsewhere.

That what friend are for dear Katie and we do have great time together and thank you.Do take care hoping you be back here again someday. Lots of love, Aunty Aini

Luan Vu

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This was a very nice place to stay and I would stay there again. It is a bit expensive for the area and you could definitely find cheaper places. However, it was very very clean and the owners and staff were very nice and helpful.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This hostel was really great! It is going through a lot of changes right now and I am sure it will be even better once it's finished. The owner and the staff are spectacular. They are all so friendly and helpful. The beds are very nice (no bunk beds!!!) and the room is nice. Also, the breakfast was delicious!!

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This was a really great hostel. It is very close to the main tourist area and it is a lot of fun. Definitely the best part is the staff, specifically the tuk tuk drivers. They are so friendly and helpful. A trip to the temples with them shouldn't be missed. This hostel is a great place to stay for sure!

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Probably the best hostel ever. The staff is AMAZING!! I had so much fun here. I can't recommend this place enough!

Happy Inn Chaam Beach

Cha-Am, Thailand

I have nothing but great things to say about this place! The location is great and the rooms are very clean and large. However, the best thing about this place is the owners! There is helpful and then there's Happy Inn! They went above and beyond every single step of the way and were so so helpful and friendly. If they didn't have an answer to a question, they called someone who did. Everything about the stay was great but they made it wonderful!! And adorable kids, by the way!

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

It was a nice hostel in a nice area of Bangkok. The area and the hostel were both a bit expensive. I also think that their prices in the cafe were too high. However, it\'s a nice place that was a lot of fun and has great services. I would stay here again for sure!

Nirvana Hostel

New Delhi, India

If I could give more than 100% in most areas I would. This place is amazing. I had so much fun here. Francesco is the best and will make sure that your stay is a good one. Even with the less than perfect location, this is FOR SURE the place to stay in Delhi. Don\'t even think about anywhere else!!!

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

There was nothing really great about this hostel and nothing really bad. It's hard to have a bad location in Amsterdam as it's so small. The staff is good. Very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit small and the free breakfast is only from 8-9:30, which is kind of short. I think it's a bit expensive for what you get. I am not sure that I would stay here again, but it wasn't bad.

Cityhostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Overall it was an okay hostel but nothing that great. It definitely doesn't have a fun, social vibe like a lot of hostels. The charge a lot for internet and the computers are painfully slow when they work. It does have a great location, close to a lot of stuff. I don't think I would stay again though.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! It was so much fun! The staff was terrific. I can't say enough about the hostel!

Willy Wallace Hostel

Stirling, Scotland

The staf was very nice and the fellow hostelers were a lot of fun. The hostel is right by the train station so that is good but it isn't that close to all the attractions. Luckily Stirling is very small so it isn't too much trouble. There are no lockers to put your bags and there are no locks on the doors. I didn't feel that safe and my belongings definitely weren't safe unless I was with them. It is also pretty unclean, especially the bathrooms. However, the staff is wonderful and helpful and pleasant. I had a really good time staying here even having said all those previous things. I would still recommend it.

Inverness Student Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

To me this hostel was just okay. The staff was pleasant enough but nothing special. Most of the time they were just sitting around the lobby and/or using the internet. Sometimes they seemed put out when I asked for help. The location is pretty good but Inverness is small so it's hard to have a bad location. There are no locks on doors or lockers to keep your belongings so it wasn't that secure. All in all I would say that it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel was amazing! I had so much fun. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the other hostelers were wonderful and fun. I would recommend this hostel 100%. The location can't be beat and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Rainbow Hostel 1

Dublin, Ireland

It is close to a lot of stuff but not any of the main tourist attractions. it\'s not that far but not very close either! The guests didn\'t seem to interact much and the staff was only moderately helpful. Plus the lockout is a pain in the butt! Not bad though.

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Not a lot of fun but very very clean and they have a lot to offer. It is right near a lot of restaurants and bars. Good stay!

Hostel Satakuntatalo

Helsinki, Finland

It was a nice hostel. Nothing too special but nice and clean. Excellent location. Walking distance to all the sights as well as good restaurants and bars. Worth a stay!

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel was absolutely amazing! The staff had a BBQ with free beer and a chef making delicous Spanish food. It was so so so much fun! Plus it was spotless, they do your laundry, the staff was amazing, they have a beautiful back porch to relax, and the bedrooms are quiet and peaceful. I can\'t recommend it enough! Definitely stay here!

Campsite Innsbruck Kranebitten

Innsbruck, Austria

The views are amazing at this campsite. It is just gorgeous! I had so much fun here. It is not in the center of town but there are busses nearby that are convenient. It was a great place to stay!