Reviews: Liveliferunfree

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Che Lagarto hostel Ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent location right near the beach, comfy beds and decent shower. Breakfast was pretty tasty too. My only problem was I booked a taxi with the hostel to the airport which never turned up and had to share with another couple from the hostel. Problem was we had all pre paid the for the taxi so effectively the hostel made money out of it. This slightly soured my experience of the hostel

• 6th Jul 2014

Varandas do Vidigal Hostel & Lounge

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A nice little hostel with stunning views of rio. The neighborhood is safe and the locals are helpful and friendly. It can feel a little sketchy at first but don't worry! Nice hot and powerful showers and a modern feel throughout the hostel. The only problem for me is it's too far from anything in rio and going up and down the hill everyday becomes a proper pain. Still it was the cheapest option by far during the World Cup.

• 25th Jun 2014

Buenos Aires, Argentina

They let us have a shower before check in. Comfy beds, good wifi but forgot to book our taxi in the morning. Stayed here before, would stay again.

• 10th Jun 2014

Hostel in Salta

Salta, Argentina

The hostel is a fair walk to the centre and the bus station. It has a beautiful garden area, great for chilling out in the heat of salta. The dorm I stayed in was dark and old. The bathroom was tiny and the toilet did not have a seat. The shower was good though and lots of hot water. The room however was extremely hot at night and the fan did little to cool it down. I think with a good renovation this could be a really nice hostel. And of course aircon in the rooms.

• 5th Feb 2014

Moving Hostel Travel Bar

Bariloche, Argentina

I arrived late at night, had advised the hostel about my arrival time to avoid any problems. I was told that there was no bed for me on this night and instead I would have to stay at the hostel next door. This hostel was not as nice as the one I had booked. The next morning I met the owner Julia and said this was not good enough. I was told I had an attitude problem. Anyway after all this fiasco, I did eventually stay at this hostel. It's really nice, and the staff were really friendly, helpful

• 28th Jan 2014

Chili Kiwi Lakefront

Pucon, Chile

A really nice hostel with a beautiful location right on the shore of the lake. Lovely garden which is great for chilling in the sun with a beer. The staff are excellent and friendly and take the trouble to learn your name. The thing that let's this hostel down is the lack of power points in the rooms and the temperamental showers. The wifi was also down for most of my stay but they were kind enough to let me use the reception PC to send an important email. Great new hostel with teething problems

• 25th Jan 2014

Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel

Puerto Natales, Chile

An awesome little hostel. Decent showers and extremely clean throughout. Probably one of the best hostel breakfasts I have ever had. Stayed here on 3 separate occasions. The owner Omar is a friendly and helpful guy, with a quirky sense of humour. And if you play FIFA on the ps3 expect some intense matches with him. Great hostel, stay here!!

• 10th Jan 2014

13 Lunas Hostel

Chiloe, Chile

This is quite simply the best hostel I have stayed at anywhere in the world. Super helpful and friendly staff. Amazing big modern kitchen. Lovely hotel style bathrooms. Big comfy and warm beds. An absolute dream of a bbq room with table football and pingpong table and the option of plugging your ipod in. Really nice common areas and a decent breakfast for South America. Plenty of power points to charge your equipment. The list is endless of amazing things here. Wifi was hit and miss though.

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your comments, good luck in your trip :)

Casa Margouya Chile

Puerto Varas, Chile

A lovely little friendly hostel. Maybe a little to small if you want some privacy. Excellent kitchen facilities and extremely friendly and helpful staff. The local action is excellent.

• 3rd Jan 2014

La Casa Roja

Santiago, Chile

The hostel is a lovely building and the garden and pool area are more like a hotel. However the hostel is set in a horrible part of Santiago along way from most of the tourist points. It felt pretty sketchy at night when walking about too. The staff were uninterested and extremely slow. There was I water the first morning so could use bathrooms. I will be staying in Bella vista next time I visit Santiago.

• 1st Jan 2014

Hostal Wasi Masi

Sucre, Bolivia

Booked 2 days, stayed 5 weeks! A lovely little hostel with a great social atmosphere. I met so many awesome people here. Super chilled staff and discounts for long term stays. The breakfast is nothing to get excited about but its standard in Bolivia. Highly recommended!!

• 10th Oct 2013

Loki Backpackers La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

Most of the staff are good and helpful. The breakfast staff seemed lazy and more interested in texting on their phones than taking orders. The showers are hot and have decent power and the hostel is extremely clean. The bar is good fun but I found it was maybe to big. I found it hard to meet people there. Wild Rover was much friendlier. One thing that this hostel drastically lacks is decent chill out areas. They have a quiet zone with one couch! The food in the bar is good though and cheap.

• 5th Oct 2013

Hostel TitiUta

Puno, Peru

A decent place to stop over in Puno for a night. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming and the free pick up from the bus station was awesome! More of a hotel than a hostel. Bed was too hard though and quite uncomfortable. Great location near to the main attractions. The buffet breakfast was awesome, just wish I was n't feeling ill so I could of taken advantage of it. I would stay here again if I went to Puno.

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

I stayed here in 2012 and had an awesome time. This year was a bit quieter and it lacked atmosphere. I stayed in the deluxe dorm and the new additions such as a private curtain and built in locker are a great idea. All hostels should have built in plug sockets to lockers! Booked a bus ticket through their agency, was charged 60s and when I collect the ticket it was 40s. The seat I had reserved had been given to someone else. My advice is to walk to the bus station yourself and buy your ticket.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

I booked 2 nights and stayed a third. Nice big hostel in an excellent location in Mira Flores. A good lively bar which served decent grub. The bbq night they do there is definitely worth getting involved in. I had a room downstairs and you could not here the noise from the traffic. In the morning the bar staff can be a little slow, but are generally helpful. I would recommend this hostel and would stay there again.

• 27th Sep 2013

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I was nt to impressed with this hostel. I have stayed in the Mango tree and that beats this one in everyway. The staff here are mainly usless and are not helpful at all. The showers are cold and the dorms are stupidly cramped and there is not enough room for everyones stuff. Not to mention the 3 teer bunks which seem quite dangerous to me if you are on the top. The hostel looks nice enough and is in a great location, but i would nt stay here again and would stay in the Mango tree instead.

• 19th Mar 2011
  • Globetrotter

Hi Paul! Thanks for choosing Lemon Spirit! We are glad that you found a hostel that suits you better! Exactly a year ago we had a reservation from an employee from Mango Tree that came to give us a bad review! Let's hope this is not another scheme! Regards!

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

This is a great hostel. Lots of big social areas and the staff are excellent. They speak perfect English and make an effort to makes sure you have everything you need. The day i arrived it was the birthday of one of the staff members and he put on an assado for everyone free of charge! The bathrooms are large and private. The breakfast is one of the best i have come across in South America with lots of variety. My only complaint is that the rooms were extremley hot at night and a little small.

• 2nd Mar 2011
  • Globetrotter

Hi Paul, thanks for your comment, and we can't change the weather, was extremely hot and unussual. Enjoy your trip

Valpackers Hostel

Valparaiso, Chile

This is a wicked little hostel. Its more like a home than a hostel. Its not a party hostel but you will meet and socialise with everybody staying there because its so small and cosy. The couple who run the place are lovley and are so helpful and relaxed. The breakfast is awesome and it has one of the best equiped kitchens i have seen in any hostel. I met so many great people here.

• 11th Feb 2011

Aji Verde Hostel

La Serena, Chile

This was a brilliant hostel. Ihad so much fun here and met some amazing people. The staff are awesome and will help you in any way possible. Stay here if you come to La Serena!!

• 7th Feb 2011

Hostal Candelaria

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

As other travellers have said the walk into town is not far and is quite pleasent. This is only the case in the dry though. In my time here it rained heavily everyday and the walk back became a pain. There is also no common areas for when it rains so get ready to spend long periods in your room later in the day. On the plus side Mario the owner is one of the most helpful people i have come across. If you want to party this is not the place, if you want to chill then you have found paradise.

• 1st Feb 2011

7 Duendes

Salta, Argentina

This is a fairly nice hostel, atlhough for me there are certain things that let it down. The plus side, there are 4 bathrooms with hot water. The down side is there are not really any decent comon areas apart from outside. But when it rains which is often, you have to sit in your room, the kitchen or reception. The bar they advertise is a big fridge in reception, which is also where the tv and dvd player are located, making it in possible to watch anything in peace.

• 27th Jan 2011
  • Globetrotter

If you say there are no decent areas ,I really don't understand what you mean, because you mention two big places, our kitchen (with WiFi signal), and our reception (with internet, TV, and seats to read), and you forget to mention our barbecue, with many seats to stay, play cards, read, and so on.

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

This is quite simply the best hostel i have ever stayed in. Its my second time here, first time i booked 2 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks. This time who knows! Staff are amazing and good fun and you will meet some amazing people here. The free wine in the evenings is great and is a ideal way to meet fellow travellers.

• 17th Nov 2010

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is my 3rd time staying here and it gets better and better. Staff are amazing, rooms are amazing and the location is amazing. I will be back again for sure!!

• 12th Nov 2010

Hostel Don Pilon

Villa La Angostura, Argentina

This is a beautiful hostel set in a beautiful town, and only a minute walk from the town itself. The beds are made everyday, free internet and an amazing homemade breakfast every morning. Although cereals would go along way to ;) The couple that run are real cool and very helpful. You simply have to stay here if you come to wonderful Villa La Angustura.

• 2nd Nov 2010
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your nice words! hope you are having a great time now in Barilioche! Agustina.

Hostel Inn Bariloche

Bariloche, Argentina

Great location over looking the lake. The free breakfast and dinner is awesome if basic, but goes along way in saving valuable travelling funds. Staff are excellent and good fun. I am back for my second time.

• 31st Oct 2010

Hostel Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really nice hostel amazing Asdado and esy to meet fellow travellers

• 22nd Sep 2010

Mendoza Backpackers

Mendoza, Argentina

The hostel was dead during the week, the staff did nt speak very good english and were not to helpful. The bbq on saturday was a good laugh but not much else is going on here. I moved after a few days to one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in. It is just to hard to meet poeple here

• 4th Sep 2010

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

This is a very nice and friendly hostel. The staff are great especially Julia who cant do enough for you. They ahve good taste in music to. I will be coming back here at some point!

• 31st Aug 2010

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is a lovely modern hostel which excellent facilities. The only problem i had was meeting fellow travellers here.

• 22nd Aug 2010

Bobs Bunkhouse

Johannesburg, South Africa

This is a lovely little place. Bob & Joan are amazing. They made me feel totaly at home and the free breakfast and airport pick up is amazing. It was just what i needed after 35 hours travelling. But if you are looking for a party hostel look somewhere else. This is more like spending a nice and quiet weekend with your grandparents, which was fine by me. Stay here if you want a nice and peaceful home during your stay in Jo'Burg.

Bush House & Camp

Nairobi, Kenya

The actual place is really nice and the free breakfast is good. The guy who runs it is very friendly but watch out because if he aranges activities for you for cheap, it will end up costing you an arm and a leg.

• 24th Jul 2010

Sea Blue Phuket Hostel & Guesthouse

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Lovely big rooms,with a safe,very clean and a great hot shower. Would stay here again for sure.

Penthouse on long

Cape Town, South Africa

One of the most fun hostels i have ever stayed in. The bar is an absolute blast, met so many cool people there. Stay here for sure!!